ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio RS

Listerine & Poledo
Built in engine-noise speakers?

surely that 1.6 turbo would be a soulful and vocal powerplant, bringing back images of R5 GTTs....

....oh

is1

Integra Type R DC2
The problem for me is that the whole concept has become a bit "fussy".
The turbo engine, the gearbox, the 5-door body, general detailing (lack of flared arches) ...
The essence of a great drivers' hatch is simplicity (mechanically and cosmetically) and they have moved away from that.
They may attract a new type of customer but I am not sure they can get people out of Golfs, A1/A3s, Civics with this.
I'd just save a packet and get a Suzuki Swift Sport. Speed isn't everything.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Five door.
DCT 'box with no manual option.
No unique metalwork. A HUGE negative IMO.
No hero brakes.
Small capacity, light-pressure turbo.
Only 175lb/ft(!)

I don't care that it can be remapped.

:dapprove:

No thanks.

330i. E30 Touring.
No manual option is a BIG issue for drivers.

I don't see why you wouldn't offer one?!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Looks cool but not mug different to other newer cars on the road. 200bhp in a turbo is pretty cool if you have driven a Mcs. Not sure about the box but I guess its the way forward.

Suzuki Swift Sport
Hope they aren't losing their way with this, was so looking forward to seeing the bespoke shape of the RS model, big disappointment to see its no different from the standard car!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Do not care about 5 doors, not brill but they're disguised really well.
Do not care about the turbo, it's going that way and nobody can stop it.
Do not care about the looks as it'll handle superbly and like the 197/200 it'll grown on you.
I'd be tempted....

Wait, no manual. I'm out!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
For me if I was in the position to buy this car and didn't want to buy an older car ie 200, I'd walk straight past the auto box clio crap and buy that new Pug 208 gti, looks like it may be a proper gti for the first time in a long time

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
thats aweful!

pile of crap, i thought renault lost thier way after the 200.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Something Not French
No manual gearbox is the single worst thing about this, I will not be convinced about frickin paddles.

Clio 172
I can see them releasing a 3 door manual after the feed back there gonna receive, I mean the RS range does have a rather large "drivers" following...

Why produce such a capable chassis and ruin a reputation with a frech "astra" :banghead:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Designing, testing, tooling and manufacturing a three door isn't something they can do in a few months. It's not happening.

Cupra
Cutting out Recaros, Brembo and development of an entire body (3dr) just smells of cost savings. If it all comes out in a cheaper package for the people who want a V8 through the speakers, then Renault may be onto a winner. :)

Next limited edition in 6 months with Recaros, Brembos and 10 extra BHP?

120d M Sport
At least when everyone was slagging the looks of the 200 it was accepted that dynamically it was an improvement over the outgoing version and still a class leader.

Even if I warm to the looks i doubt I'll be able to look past the fact it's a 5 door automatic :(

Last edited:
  PB 182 (1 of 29)
I hope the gearbox isnt absolutey b****cks.

I keep thinking senso-drive. I do not want senso-drive.
My father in law has got a new Scenic diesel with the dsg type box and in 2 months it's thrown up an overheat error twice preventing the car from starting for 20min. The last time was at the pumps in a petrol station, very embarrassing. Does not bode well for having 200 brake through one.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flappy paddles - Because Race Driver!

A lot of people will realise just how good a dsg can be. Sadly this is probably made by Renault more than Nissan so it'll be clunky then break.

Looking forward to a drive and reading the reviews.