ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio for 2013

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't know if this has been posted before or is even in the right section . Please feel free to move if it isn't

I'm not liking the new shaped Clio , due to be launched next year . Personally i think it's fcukin ugly and the colour doesn't help either . I thought Renault were moving in the right direction with the 197 / 200 stylewise but this to me looks more like something manufactured in South Korea . Sorry Renault , backward step in my opinion . Or is me just me , getting old lol :S

car_photo_455767_25.gif

car_photo_455770_25.gif

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Are these actual pics, or just an AE special?

Well according to AE these are exclusive images , so time will tell eh . Quote "
So far, the only models we’ve seen from the Dutch styling chief have been concepts – such as the striking DeZir, R-Space and Captur show cars. As you can see from our exclusive illustrations, the Clio is a little more down to earth, but has still undergone a major transformation "

I don't like it one bit :dead:

E36 328
Front lights look like a cross between the scirocco's and the mk6 golf.

Can imagine a renault sport version would look quite nice.

61 Clio 1.2
Look like the panels don't quite meet up on the front. Also not a fan of the kinda waves on the sides.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Well according to AE these are exclusive images , so time will tell eh . Quote "
So far, the only models we’ve seen from the Dutch styling chief have been concepts – such as the striking DeZir, R-Space and Captur show cars. As you can see from our exclusive illustrations, the Clio is a little more down to earth, but has still undergone a major transformation "

I don't like it one bit :dead:

There is your key word right there.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Looks like renault have looked at all of the other cars in the segment and included a bit of each on the new clio. Have to admit though I have seen other (although similar) 2103 Clios on the web so it might not be the official one.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Guys it's auto express.

They have NEVER published anything pre-release of a car that looks like the actual car.

Completely disregard it and wait for the official Renault press release, or something that Tom posts.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
It will still sell, hopefully they'll embed the rear handles on the sport version like the civic/Leon seeing as they seem intent on keeping all versions a 5 door.
Can see a lot of potential in both front bumpers for the sport version which no doubt be wider.
As for the size unfortunately the twingo has taken over that size slot from the Mk2 so expect your 182 to look even smaller than it already does next to a 197/200
More imporantly what doe the inside look like as not a fan of the Mk3 dash

BMW 330D
Who cares the Renault chief said they want to relaunch the 5 last month. That will have a decent sport model and will probably look good too.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I think the main thing I'm intrigued about is the power for the car. The rumoured 1.6 turbo in a car of that size, and more importantly weight, will need to be pushing out at least 220bhp to make it worthwhile. If they make it bigger and heavier and it's still only putting out 200bhp then it will be silly imo, especially as the Megane is now 265bhp.

Obviously the turbo gives remap gains a lot more easier to achieve, but still....

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Who cares the Renault chief said they want to relaunch the 5 last month. That will have a decent sport model and will probably look good too.
The prospect of a new 5 GT Turbo has got me a little excited (loved mine - well until it turned out to be a stolen car and I lost all my money - not the car's fault).

racing blue sport
I don't know if this has been posted before or is even in the right section . Please feel free to move if it isn't

I'm not liking the new shaped Clio , due to be launched next year . Personally i think it's fcukin ugly and the colour doesn't help either . I thought Renault were moving in the right direction with the 197 / 200 stylewise but this to me looks more like something manufactured in South Korea . Sorry Renault , backward step in my opinion . Or is me just me , getting old lol :S

car_photo_455767_25.gif
i think it looks like a mazda 2 from side on , is it just me? , from the waves in the panels

Disastra Coupe
People are forgetting, new cars grow on you. Mk6 Golf came out - i hated it. Now i really like it. Same applies with a lot of cars.

Titanium 182
These are the concept images, only a hint of the styling will remain in the final product.

The thing with concepts is, a company will produce an outrageous design for a vehicle, as that's what we automotive designers like to do - it usually helps capture the public's imagination and excitement in to the brand - but to make it marketable it'll finally be produced as a much more diluted down version of it's conceptual stage renders/models (what you're seeing here).

I wouldn't get your knickers in a twist til Renault release any official photos.

172 Cup
Is it true they will be 5 door only? I really hope not...the clio RS should be a 3 door small hatch!! Hope Renault pull something special out the bag with this.

Renault Clio RS182
It looks like Renault are aiming the new Clio at a different market sector i.e. older people and hence have toned the styling down, 5 doors etc, leaving the twingo as a small fun car aimed at the yoooof. A new 5 to replace the twingo in a few years should do the trick, but by then it may be too late for the likes of me, who may well be driving sensible family cars (or an M5 :D)

Focus
I think it looks alright!

People will still buy the renault sport version so quit yo whinin! :p