ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio Cup Delivered

Clio Cup 2011
Hi Guys, im new to the Forum, just wanted to say Hi and express my pleasure in my new 200 Cup which was delivered last week.

I took advantage of the £199 PCP deal on offer from Evans Halshaw in Harrogate which ended 31.12.10.

I read the deal on the website and had to double-take, £199pcm? Unbelievable offer. £1000 depo.

Any advice on a fitting for the i-pod/i-phone as all i can see are 2 aux points near the gear stick? is there a adaptor required?

Also, running the car in? it says 600 miles in the box? any advice please, when can i start increasing the revs past 3000rpm.

thanks in advance. :D:D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whats the specifics of the deal.

£1k deposit.
£199 per month

How long? Final Payment?

Welcome and running in sounds about right. Follow Reno's guide and don't cane it (The majority of the spackers on here will say, hammer it from day 1)

Pics? I got onto the pcp deals before the prices rose ;) Got mine in December.

iPod wise, I got a cheap ass aux to headphone jack cable for mine. Cost £2, does the job nicely.

I also ran my car in properly. 600 miles and then took it out for more excitable spin ;)

Clio Cup 2011
Specifics - 2 year deal with GFV of £8575.00 or simply drop the keys in and walk away. 5000 miles which isnt a problem. 6p/mile over and above.

Mountune Tractor
Enjoy it mate, great deal had by many.

Any pics?

If you're going to give it back in 2 years then I'd just rag it from the outset.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Congratulations.

Don't bother running it in. Once it's up to temperature, give it beans.

The chaps at the import centre already did. lol.

Nissan 350z

Also worth noting the temperature gauge on the dials is coolant temp, not oil temp. So dont adhere to that as a gospel "oh well its up to temp now" reading.

What colour did you go for Medazaland?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Also worth noting the temperature gauge on the dials is coolant temp, not oil temp. So dont adhere to that as a gospel "oh well its up to temp now" reading.

Quite right! Whilst the motors may of been bench tested! The box, clutch, components are all brand new. 600miles is bugger all to familiarise yourself with the car. Then give it the beans!

Got to love CS and the moronic comments!

260% JCW
Quite right! Whilst the motors may of been bench tested! The box, clutch, components are all brand new. 600miles is bugger all to familiarise yourself with the car. Then give it the beans!

Got to love CS and the moronic comments!

This, The place is full of them.

Whats the specifics of the deal.

£1k deposit.
£199 per month

How long? Final Payment?

Welcome and running in sounds about right. Follow Reno's guide and don't cane it (The majority of the spackers on here will say, hammer it from day 1)

lol, have you been living under a rock for the past 6 months??? Loads of people did this. I would have, but the £199 deal limited you to something silly like 6000 miles per year.

lol, have you been living under a rock for the past 6 months??? Loads of people did this. I would have, but the £199 deal limited you to something silly like 6000 miles per year.

You could have upped the mileage limit, like I did, and it's only 6p extra for every mile you go over.
(that's if you decide to give the car back anyway)

Lionel Richie
or if you have a dodgy mate, wind the clock back ;)

running in? no need to mechanically, get use to the car first though

I remember "running in" Steve's mk2 V6 at a Bedford track day, it had 32miles on the clock :D

ClioSport group buy? Sort it out Fred your in Brum its full of "dodgey mates" i bet :D

1. Sargara
2. Harpham
Problem Renault?
spray_trollface_copy.png

Mountune Tractor
Congratulations.

The chaps at the import centre already did. lol.

Hopefully not all people have this atitude

And why is that Austin?

I'm pretty sure Chris knows what getting up to temperature means.........

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Haven't been into a Renault dealer in about....2yrs?

If you're giving it back, it's effectively a hire car.

Nothing handles like a hire car. I'd barely even wait for it to get warm TBH.

Da

Less
Personally, I'd run it in. Even if it is on PCP, you still want your warranty to be honoured.

The import centre may well have 'ragged it from cold', but for what...2 miles...maybe 5 max? Running in is 625 miles or 1000 kilometers.

I ran mine in properly but then I've bought it so didn't want it blowing up! :p

Clio Cup 2011
Thanks for that Da. Im not one for ragging cars anyway. Irrespective of whether its on a PCP or not i'd always look after it.

Had a quick 1/2 hour through the back lanes yesterday gettin the revs up to 4000 and car feels much better.

Got my i/phone connector query sorted, thanks to Tom @ Evans Halshaw (Harrogate) for that. Top Bloke.

PH2 172
Hace just noticed this deal, how does it work, obv you get a 200 cup, but can you spec extras, such as recaro's etc?

Nissan 350z
Hace just noticed this deal, how does it work, obv you get a 200 cup, but can you spec extras, such as recaro's etc?

The deal ended before Xmas im affraid and is now considerable more expensive.
Yes you could spec extras, and you could choose to pay for them in your monthly repayments or outright in addition to your desposit.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah, definitely.

15-20 mins should do it. As said, don't go off the coolant temp readout.