ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NEW CLIO 4

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not keen on the car but it is much better looking than the road going one.

No doubt the championship will be good tho, always has been really.

Had a look through the prices and specs of the new cars the other week interesting that the paddles are an option as I imagine it makes the car quicker on a full lap as it will blip the down changes etc.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Had a look through the prices and specs of the new cars the other week interesting that the paddles are an option as I imagine it makes the car quicker on a full lap as it will blip the down changes etc.

I guess it depends on the trans mate, some sequentuals do auto blip on bar shift as well.

Sadev box has to be better than paddles.

Paddleshift in Motorsport applications still uses a sequential box but then adds extra sensors, an extra ECU and some clever mapping which controls the gear cut and controls throttle openings to provide a really quick up and down shift with perfect rev matching. No clutch needed on either the up or down change just needed to get off the line and stop :)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Paddleshift in Motorsport applications still uses a sequential box but then adds extra sensors, an extra ECU and some clever mapping which controls the gear cut and controls throttle openings to provide a really quick up and down shift with perfect rev matching. No clutch needed on either the up or down change just needed to get off the line and stop :)

I've never liked them in the wet tho.