ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Clio 1.5Dci Dynamique S 106Hp 6 Spd

any ideas to help with suping up my new clio?

I'm not after doing anything too drastic or boy racy but just feel the 106 Hp doesn't really show in it very well so could do with a few more,

might lower it ever so slightly aswell but not too sure of best way around this.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Its an electronic "boost" that plugs into the wiring loom of the engine - adds a little extra fuel. Saying that, the mpg on the car is still amazing.

Check out www.mrhoot.com they have them cheaper on ebay too (Dragon Performance e-shop)

Just off the phone; told them about the car being on the rolling road at the weekend

Even the guy on the phone was disspointed with the result lol
They are taking the whole thing back and replcing it for me :)

So soon "my little pony" will have a fresh basket of carrots to chew on :evil:

Last edited:
so what are you doing getting a replacement tuning box from them and re-installing it?

anybody any advice on lowering aswell please? ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeh they are taking the Tbox back and replacing it with a better one

I have Cobra coilovers comming for mine next week ;)

Front 30-70mm
Rear 30-50mm

I had the popular FKs ordered but the supplier FK'd about :(
Anyway I need to be able to raise mine a bit higher for the ferry to FCS :eek:

There not much out as far as I know (its almost a brand new engine only other car with it is the Modus and thats not been out long) although its is similar to other CLio dci engines. Tunning boxes mayabe availiable from Mr Hoot which is your best value place which should give it 20~25hp more. However torque will go up the biggest problem is the engine was fdetunned at the low end as the engine can make over 240NM torque the gearbox cannot be warentied for any more power though. My guess is 270Nm is possible with a tunning box but thats a lot over stock.
Best thing is to chnage the engine and gearbox oils for new stuff. Enine oil is important no need to chnage filters realy but stock oil is £20 from Renault and will make a lot of difference I chnage mine ever 9k or less and its worth it.

The only lowerinf kits as far as I know for the Mk3 are just new springs which is something I don't liek I feel thre a huge difference between just springs and new springs and damper/Coilovers. If I were you I'd contact Leda and see if they want a car to use as a test for a reduced price coilover setup as Leda are superb.

Tigger - No need to not lower it mine went on ferries no trouble even fully loaded. A new splitters only cheap if you do catch it.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Edde dont forget I have that front valance smoothed onto mine
Touches in some places on the Renault std setup :rolleyes:

LOL I could pay for the coilovers with the work put into my front bumper :eek:

Back on topic

Danny - check out the mrhoot site or give them a call
They might have something for your model :)

Muchos Gracias Guys (prob not spelt that right but anyway! LOL),

is there a contact for Leda then i'll ask em.

Change the eng & grbx oil aswell as adding a tuning bx? does this help the mechanical parts when they're exposed to higher torques from increased power or does the different oil improve power and perfomance itself?

dannynic said:
is there a contact for Leda then i'll ask em.

Change the eng & grbx oil aswell as adding a tuning bx? does this help the mechanical parts when they're exposed to higher torques from increased power or does the different oil improve power and perfomance itself?
It makes the engine moe freereving more power. I track my car a lot and the oils only been in for 6k and its realy quite noisy when I change it I know it will be better afterwards.

Best do a search for Leda's number