ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car JDM content...

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
A few days ago i received all of the relevant paperwork through the post the from the DVLA to go ahead and put my private plate on the DC5. In my experience private registrations are a massive ball ache and not to mention a con, but oh well, I'm a sheep!

I'm pretty happy with the way it looks on the bigger import number plates, here's a couple of snaps.

12053241305_babdd04201_c.jpg

Private Plate 1 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr
12053626854_1bb43a6aa0_c.jpg

Private Plate 2 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

Its a bit of a way off yet but the car is booked in for a session on the rolling road in March with a few of the West-Mids Clio lads, there will probably be an update or 2 before then but i'll be sure to post up my results.

Thanks for reading!

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Little update.

So a couple of weeks ago i finally sold my 172 Cup, I'd had lots of offers over the weeks but none that i was willing to take due to the amount of money I'd put into in the 3 years i owned it. The second person to actually come out and view the car was impressed and pretty much gave me what i wanted for it.
Unfortunately he's not a member on here so i guess i won't be seeing it again, probably a good thing to be honest.

Seriously going to miss this car. :(

8593122718_bc311950af_c.jpg

Untitled by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

Onwards and upwards! I've been bust buying a few goodies for the DC5 so i though I'd get some pictures up on here.

First up, a Skunk2 gear knob. The one that came with the car wasn't weighted and wow, what a difference 425g makes! Looks good too. :cool:

12484402424_dfc47c58fa_c.jpg

Skunk2 Shifter by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

12484407164_c4ef5922c7_c.jpg

Skunk2 Shifter by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

12484411084_6e0f040b08_c.jpg

Fitted! by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

Soon after, I came across a very nice password JDM battery tie which are supposed to be quite rare, so i snapped it up.

Before

Old battery strap by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

After

12543321414_a4ee519f25_c.jpg

Password JDM by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

On Monday last week, Tom Cash from this forum kindly asked me if I'd like to meet up for a photo shoot so he could try out his new rig on my car. I jumped at the chance and the results are amazing, I'll let his pictures do the talking!

As they're not my files i don't think I can embed them on here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/itomcash/12352000604/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/itomcash/12330442173/

I'd noticed the tread on my front two Potenza RE050 tyres was running a little low so i had a little look online and the cheapest price I could find for two was £280 which i though was a bit pricey.
My intention was to buy some track orientated tyres anyway so I decided to replace all of them with Yokohama AD08-R's. I opted for 215 OEM width instead of the 205's that came off and the car now sits a lot better not having the stretched look.

Yokohama AD08-R's by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

12484424584_71a05cb1bb_c.jpg

Fast Fit by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

12483947935_8131e0cd35_c.jpg

AD08-R's fitted by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

I've had them on just over a week now and so far the grip they give is just phenomenal, the extra 10mm width has probably contributed to this also. They're even more than capable in the wet/rain.

Lastly, a few days ago I received my order through the post from Opie Oils, great over the phone advice and service i might add.

12483952005_33da7320d0_c.jpg

Delivery from Opie Oils by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

As well as fresh engine oil and oil filter i decided to swap out the gearbox oil for fresh stuff in the hope that it would improve high RPM gear changes, unfortunately It's not really helped :banghead: so i guess a clutch change is on the cards in the near future.

That's about it for now although I still can't decide if I want the wheels refurbished in OEM Championship White, there seems to be mixed opinions on here and I'm constantly looking at pictures and can't make my mind up!

12542828385_3817c89440_c.jpg

OEM CW Alloys by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

As always, your comments and suggestion are welcome. :D

Last edited:
This thread's done it now...

I was seriously toying with the idea of getting a DC5 when my renewals up, and i don't think i cant now :eek:

Stunning car!

MK5 R32
What actual colour are the wheels mate? I'm seriously considering one of these when I change my 182, it's either a R32 or one of these, yours is making me think DC5 :D

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Beautiful car mate.

White wheels look ace but it depends how much you like cleaning wheels I guess. I'm getting my Regas powdercoated satin black soon.