ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car JDM content...

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Not sold the cup yet, he can't bring himself to get rid ;)

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Not through a lack of trying! I've had quite a few messages about it but seems no one wants to pay my asking price.

Nice Wayne!! Just don't have a tantrum when it runs a 25s 1/4 mile like the cup;) :rasp:

Tbh the problem is that most people seem to think they can buy a "minter clio" for £1,500. So they think its over priced!! Keep it mate and turn it into a track *****.

Liking the DC5 though.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
That's very true Martin, my car is in a different league to your average £1,500 172 Cups though as I'm sure you'll agree.
I'm not pussy Chris, i just prefer to live my life a 1/4 mile at a time!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Good lad!!! I'll see if I can come along in mine. With the ban and all....... :(

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Today I've got a couple of things that were annoying me done on the car.
When i first brought it home i noticed that the passenger side Integra Type R decal was a little damaged so i ordered a new one from Honda, rather pricey at 32 quid!

Before

11478149996_90fec4917a_c.jpg

DSC_0414 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

The point of no return
11478052405_9ae8b322f8_c.jpg

DSC_0427 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

After
11478066684_d0b85de9c0_c.jpg

DSC_0430 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

Next up I started to tackle the headlights as they were starting to suffer from the common cloudy effects. I used my Meguiars DA polisher which brought them up to scratch in no time.

Before
11478154656_663a284bde_c.jpg

DSC_0400 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

During
11478049175_65a377e666_c.jpg

DSC_0407 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

The result
11478180453_61718c0073_c.jpg

DSC_0413 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

That's it for now!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Fingers crossed for you mate, I'll always have a spare Recaro for you though bud!

Vice versa too ;)

Looks better with the new decal
Although I'd have just peeled the integra part off and left the type R

Save 32 quid;)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Brilliant purchase!

I was warned about soft paint on mine but it took the DA well, very well! Wouldn't worry about that!
Good work on the lights.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Not through a lack of trying! I've had quite a few messages about it but seems no one wants to pay my asking price.

Hold on to it then mate anyone can buy a 1500 shitter and then have to throw a grand at it in the next few months to get it looking average just buy shops one like yours in the first place is the way to do it !

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
I'm in no rush to sell it so it will just sit on the drive until someone comes along with the right money.
I can see how people think but it really is false economy, why not just pay a good price for a sorted car that needs for nothing.

Nice teg, think I saw this over on itr_dc5.
On your headlights did you do any wet sanding? My milano had badly damaged headlights and I'm not sure polishing will be enough.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Cheers Martin!

The headlights had only just started to cloud over so I caught them early and only needed a few minutes with the DA to bring them up nicely.
My 172 Cup was quite bad when I first had it, I used 1000 grit wet & dry on them which did the trick followed by Meg's ultimate compound polish then a nice coat of wax to protect them.

Oh god that's gorgeous

It's really not helping seeing people buy these. I wanted to sell the Clio this year and get one but then wimped out at the last minute

Every time I see one though I feel the urge to buy one again!

Clio 200T
Yeah it's a K-Series VTEC unit. The DC5 looks very similar to European Civic Type R's engine wise but does have a few fundamental differences. The box for example has different gear ratios and VTEC engagement and rpm limit are different.
I'll be honest and say I can't really compare the DC5 to my Clio, it's just a completely different car to drive. I will say that the Honda gives a far better driving experience due to the extremely tight 6 speed box and factory fitted LSD. I have noticed straight away it's quicker in a straight line and certainly grips better when it comes to islands/bends.

What Clio did you have before mate?
My 200 wipes the floor of my mates DC5 on the bends.
But yeah the extra 20bhp really gives it the advantage on a straight.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
What Clio did you have before mate?
My 200 wipes the floor of my mates DC5 on the bends.
But yeah the extra 20bhp really gives it the advantage on a straight.

172 Cup, the DC5 gives a load more grip around Islands etc...

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Oh god that's gorgeous

It's really not helping seeing people buy these. I wanted to sell the Clio this year and get one but then wimped out at the last minute

Every time I see one though I feel the urge to buy one again!

I think I saw your advert for the Cup you have, did you mention about trying Jap?
I couldn't get rid of the urge either, exactly the same as you. I just had to go for it and I'm so glad I did, such a sorted car as I'm sure you know if you've looked into owning one.

Cheers Martin!

The headlights had only just started to cloud over so I caught them early and only needed a few minutes with the DA to bring them up nicely.
My 172 Cup was quite bad when I first had it, I used 1000 grit wet & dry on them which did the trick followed by Meg's ultimate compound polish then a nice coat of wax to protect them.

Cheers mate. Mine are quite bad what with the ultra UV damage we get in Aus, so I think I'll take the wet sanding to it.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
I'm just going to get new ones, mine are a bit f**ked inside. I've heard of people replacing them tho and then going again :(

When was yours imported? Maybe it spent more time in Japan than mine, mine was only over there for 3 years.

I'm looking at getting a dc2 myself.. They really are awesome cars, and getting you head around 9k rpm is also hard too.

Did you fit the footwell lights yourself?