ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car JDM content...

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
I've been toying with the idea of changing my car for a while now and I've always had a soft spot for Integra DC5's. I started my search for a Championship White pre-facelift model a couple months back and finally found one that caught my eye over on the Integra Type R forum 2 weeks ago.

After covering around 1000 miles i can honestly say that the car has far exceeded my expectation and really is a superb machine to drive.

The car is a '04 model, imported in '07 and its covered just 59k

The car is pretty standard at the moment apart from Eibach Pro lowering springs and a AEM V2 intake which i fitted last week.

My plans are to get the wheels returned to OEM Championship White, get my private plate swapped over, keep it clean and just enjoy it!

Anyway that's enough talking, here's the good bit!

11478163603_7e39f20e56_c.jpg

DSC_0444 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

11478160173_db1b0563e0_c.jpg

DSC_0448 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

11478161776_e4a0de85ba_c.jpg

DSC_0460 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

11478052924_9f61b08d14_c.jpg

DSC_0493 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

11478048194_1b692e871e_c.jpg

DSC_0501 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

11478032715_1cc2ccfba7_c.jpg

DSC_0484 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

11478058044_f1961af72e_c.jpg

DSC_0462 by Wayne J Keggans, on Flickr

Thanks for reading, comments welcome. :D

Love these. Have a real soft spot for them. That one looks stunning.

Would someone be able to briefly fill me in on the specs please.

Why do people import them? Are they rare or not available in the UK??

Engine is the k20 right? Power 200bhp?

Ive heard JDM models are more powerful is this true?

Performance figures? Guessing 0-60 in low 6s and 140 odd top speed? Not that this matter too much.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Thanks for the comments lads.

These cars were produced solely for the Japanese market so not available to us in the UK. Badged up as Acura RSX they also made their way into the US.

The car has a K20A engine as apposed to the K20A2 which can be found in European Civic Type R's. I'm not certain on all the differences but I know it's got higher compression uses a different inlet and exhaust manifold, producing an extra 20hp.
This car is also equipped with an LSD as standard.
I'd say it gets from 0-60 in the mid 6 second bracket and it'll go on to exceed 160mph.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always a soft spot for a DC5. Is the paintwork dull? Looks like it needs a bit of detailing?

Just the first picture looks like it's lacking some gloss which is unlike CW.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Always a soft spot for a DC5. Is the paintwork dull? Looks like it needs a bit of detailing?

Just the first picture looks like it's lacking some gloss which is unlike CW.

The paintwork is a little dull in places, the guy I had it off said he regularly detailed it but I very much doubt that. When the weather pics up ill clay bar the whole car and go over it with with my Meguiars DA polisher, that should sort it out.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Perfect mate. Glad my keen eye still works. :eek:

The paint is that soft you'll do it well in no time. Just take it easy on the claying.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Very keen eye indeed!
I've read on Detailing World that the paint is soft and to be very cautious with it avoiding harsh compounds polishes.

clio 172 phase 2
That looks awesome :) love the dc5s want one next after my ep3 , the k20 is an awesome motor ! Loving the ambient interior light

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Only kidding pal! Looks lovely

Like I said the other week, I like the wheels that colour
Put your hand into that massive wallet of yours and purchase another set of wheels ;)

Vtec W4nker

Thanks for the comments lads.

These cars were produced solely for the Japanese market so not available to us in the UK. Badged up as Acura RSX they also made their way into the US.

The car has a K20A engine as apposed to the K20A2 which can be found in European Civic Type R's. I'm not certain on all the differences but I know it's got higher compression uses a different inlet and exhaust manifold, producing an extra 20hp.
This car is also equipped with an LSD as standard.
I'd say it gets from 0-60 in the mid 6 second bracket and it'll go on to exceed 160mph.

Awesome thanks. Watched some awesome videos of these recently.

Hows the insurance with it being an import?

clio 182 FF
That looks nice.

Am i right in thinking these have the n/a 2.0 v-tec engine? And 6 speed manual?

Going to have to ask. How does it compare the the clio performance wise ;)

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
That looks nice.

Am i right in thinking these have the n/a 2.0 v-tec engine? And 6 speed manual?

Going to have to ask. How does it compare the the clio performance wise ;)

Yeah it's a K-Series VTEC unit. The DC5 looks very similar to European Civic Type R's engine wise but does have a few fundamental differences. The box for example has different gear ratios and VTEC engagement and rpm limit are different.
I'll be honest and say I can't really compare the DC5 to my Clio, it's just a completely different car to drive. I will say that the Honda gives a far better driving experience due to the extremely tight 6 speed box and factory fitted LSD. I have noticed straight away it's quicker in a straight line and certainly grips better when it comes to islands/bends.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Nice Wayne love it ! Please don't go white wheels keep em as they are ! ! Where did the cup go too still local ?