ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New car Evo content

Rb 182
Well after having a moment of madness and deciding to sell all of my Clio's (3.5 of them)

I decided to jump and get something I'd hankered after for a while, an evo. It had to be a 5 for me, I think they are the most aggressive looking.

I actually did a deal with a Lad on here for my ph1 and some cash his way. He probably wasn't as excited as I was with the Evo with ph1 he took in part ex :p.

Decent spec with coilovers, some mild tuning and some nice Volks/Rays Te37 wheels. Loads of little bits I would like to do to it, but wont be for a while yet. Mostly just tidying of the bodywork and a wheel refurb.

Uses fuel like nothing I've ever driven, Everything's mega dear to fix, Would I swap it! nope! :D

image_zpsygdpissd.jpg

86C98F24-C0A4-437B-ABB5-1940A4C8F537_zpsvus4rlb5.jpg

0E35D706-5740-4AC7-BEEB-AFB164CD71E5_zpsufpwb1qz.jpg

1B7525F3-20AB-4388-93E7-9E56A0BF2BEB_zpsxphea3bc.jpg

image_zpsxhupqylw.jpg

Comments Welcome

clio 182 trophy
Hero car. Havn'the seen one in the flesh for ages. Grass buy. Any plans to increase power or keeping it standard?

Rb 182
538EC204-09EE-488E-AFBC-719D3F636AFC_zps5vzw6e0s.jpg

A pic of the graph from work at EvoTune

Purchased a double din Alpine from John that came with free fitting, free hose, bucket and washmitt use as well!

E5FEBD90-4D48-4F6F-81F9-1E1821CDC320_zpssqap4rap.jpg

So far that is the only Upgrade, car goes into Extreme Motorsports tomorrow to have both rack arms, rack ends replaced and 4 wheel alignment done. It developed a slight knock after a run out , traced to the D/s rack arm so having them both done for piece of mind.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
It might be worth getting the bolts in the transfer box checked.

They can cause knocking on the front as they periodically come loose and eventually shear.

Plenty of threads in MLR you can read up on.

Jon

Rb 182

They can cause knocking on the front as they periodically come loose and eventually shear.

Jon
Cheers Jon. 100% the track rods. All changed now and alignment set again. Feels lovely and tight again.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Jon

Pretty sure this is what started happening with my VI. Only did it once warmed up - never when cold.

OP - How's the inner edge of the front doors? They rot for fun around there. I've got a minty fresh set of front doors and boot lid in Scotia White, if you're interested?

Ph2 172
Just so you know I'm sitting crying. Miss this thing at times.

Hope it's treating you well! Your phase 1 has had two runs at knockhill so far, trying to resist spending money on it now!!

Rb 182
Also keep the orange indicators! People kept telling me to change them but a 5 should always be orange, 6 had clear ones.

Just so you know I'm sitting crying. Miss this thing at times.

Hope it's treating you well! Your phase 1 has had two runs at knockhill so far, trying to resist spending money on it now!!

I love how orange they are so they will be staying!

It's going ok, few minor issues that cost a fortune but it's a old jap boost wagon so gotta expect some issues.

I miss the wee ph1 but forget i ever owned it when i go out a hurl in the Evo. Haha

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
That power delivery puts a grin from ear to ear. I'm actually a big fan of the gearbox in the 8 too