ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car (200 deals)

You failed. :(

Black speedlines are the only option i'm afraid.

I was of that opinion until I got my Deep Black 200. The standard Cup wheels suit the car superbly.
a067f3f6.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Still pwns a yellow puma. Your opinions are deep fried.

I'm going to reply to your text/facebook stuff on here because i'm lazy...

I LOVE it mate! Its bloody brilliant! Its tripe on the motorway, but then it will get used on a motorway about twice a year so its not worth worrying about. And as for running it in, don't be so daft. I've driven it just as hard as Boris Vodkashot would have driven it off the boat so theres no issues with that! ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'm going to reply to your text/facebook stuff on here because i'm lazy...

I LOVE it mate! Its bloody brilliant! Its tripe on the motorway, but then it will get used on a motorway about twice a year so its not worth worrying about. And as for running it in, don't be so daft. I've driven it just as hard as Boris Vodkashot would have driven it off the boat so theres no issues with that! ;)
Good stuff! Like you say, the cup doesn't work well on mways, but great off them. I def made the right choice given the use mine gets. Enjoy.

Ps, if you get chance to speak to the vinyl guy, I still want mine doing and my brothers twingo (the front number plate recess in black). Xx

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've spoke to him already, and i'm going down next week. I will give him your number.

I don't know if its the Cup suspension that makes it crap on the motorway, because i'm used to driving big old german barges. (we went up in my 528 touring! lol) so i'm unsure how much of my observation is down to completely different car comparisons.

I'm so so so so impressed wth the handling and the speed of the steering though. So much so I came off the motorway 10 miles early so I could come home down the back lanes! :D

Megane 225 F1
Just out of intrest, who is your man? My dad is a signwritter and does lot's of things for people in and around Bristol.

KMB

Clio 200 Cup
I have done 650 motorway miles in 1 day, over 10h in the 200 Cup I own, as long as you have the Recaros it is perfectly comfortable on motorway IMO.

It's all relative and my previous cars were S2000, MR2 Turbo, Accord Type R, Civic VTi - So it might be I'm used to hard suspension and lots of noise :eek:

My previous company cars have been the usual A4, 3 Series etc and they are better for mile munching, but then they also bore the pants off you.....

Not a totally unflawed comparison, but that's my experience :D

Well done Harpham, you obviously have a pair afterall. Disappointed about the lack of bling options though :)

Lol... it had to be done tbf, just needed to make sure i could afford it ;)

The only option that i wanted was the Cup Spoiler, but at £400 it wasnt worth it...

I was also tempted by the monitor, but when am I going to need to see my 0-60 times n what not lol

200 Gordini
I'd love this deal but the cup was just way to poverty for me. I love my toys (oo err). Once I specced Recaros, AC and speedlines the payments were nearly at £300 PCM.

Opted for the Gordini (just urgh) with everything on the option list and cup pack. Just waiting on black speedlines to arrive then it'll be getting picked up. 182 is going in the morning :( very sad day.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
My deal I just got and ordered - 3 days ago....

RS 200 (Full Fat) - Cup Chassis - RS Monitor Pack - Glacier White.

OTR = £18,700 odd...

Got it for £15,500 (£500 deposit - 24 x £275 on selections) 4.4%apr.

AKA - spot on!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Just bog standard mate.
Ordered 200 Cup in RB. I did want to Cup Spoiler but isnt really worth an extra £400 tbh, it looks awesome, but not £400 awesome ;)

It's £200 on the options list, £400 on the ACCESSORIES list....

It's £200 on the options list, £400 on the ACCESSORIES list....

What??? Ill get on the phone to them on Monday then to see if they can change that... Told me £395 for the Cup spoiler and £195 for GT Spoiler.
That was the one thing I actually wanted, and was willing to pay about £200 for it...

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Well, I thought there was only the 1 spoiler for the rear... one with the triangular end plates?

Only other spoiler i've seen is...

217_07016-1.gif

These are about £110+v at a dealers...

But if i'm wrong - I do apologise - i'm very new to this!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Hmmmm... looking in to it, it gets confusing...

£200 'GT' spoiler may be the one that slightly sticks out with the Brake Light on it... the Cup one - with the end plates (poss £400).

As I say - confusing lol

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't the GT spoiler have to be ordered with the car since it uses a different tailgate? Whereas the cup one fits the standard tailgate. I'm sure Brian mentioned something about this when he got his?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I've learnt something new then - the option spoiler is a different look to the cup! Good grief!

So - if you like the Cup Spoiler - £400 unpainted please says Mr Renault lol

V6 255
You can get the cup spoiler cheaper than that. There's a lad on RS forum knocking them out under £200 iirc.

You can still fit the GT to any tailgate too, just requires drilling instead of pre drilled holes , no biggy ;)

My preference is GT, then cup, then none, all the other spoilers just, excuse the pun, spoil the rear of the car imo

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Looks too "Max Power" for me.

The GT spoiler (now i've seen 1) looks ok - but not worth £200 IMHO.

200 Cup & DC2
So I'm mental for not specifying Speedlines and spoiler on a car I'll keep for two years? I'd rather spend my £400-600 elsewhere.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I was in the same boat... £180 for the Speedlines - no point. Getting Anthracite wheels in the Cup pack & and they ain't dark enough, i'll get them Powder coated for £140 a darker grey.

Spoiler (cup one) gives the car a whiff of a Scalextrix racer to me!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Just drove to Scotland (380 miles) - got 35mpg sat all the way at 80mph. Expected more. Do have exhaust mods. Maybe I should get a 200 as Brownie gets that now too.