ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Car (200 deals)

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
Hi Guys,

Im consider coming back to a clio sport after a long break (with a few cars in between) I was looking at buying a new 200 cup, and was wondering what kind of deals you guys have managed to strike when purchasing your 200's. I think the list is £16700 they have already offered me a scrappage type scheme for my little 1.2 run around so that makes it £15,000 has anyone done better than this. I also want a few options like wheels and seats etc.

2=clio 200
Hi dude. What garage is offering scrappage on renaultsport clio??

I thought that it was exempt from the renault scheme?

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
Hi dude. What garage is offering scrappage on renaultsport clio??

I thought that it was exempt from the renault scheme?

Was the Slough Branch I think. It is not scrappage so to speak but a similar type of deal. I just think they are desperate for sales.

320d
That lookers deal is awesome. If I wasn't off to uni in september i'd be off down their now. Grand in hand, direct debit details at the ready, no questions asked.

Very cheap way to get yourself into a brand new 200. Then just chuck it back at them after 2 years.

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
Has anybody done nay other deals that you know of. Im not really in for these ballon payments. plus I dont need finance from them an I doubt they will let it go for £13750 if you did not take the finance

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Has anybody done nay other deals that you know of. Im not really in for these ballon payments. plus I dont need finance from them an I doubt they will let it go for £13750 if you did not take the finance

You have a PM Mate

steve

Clio 1.2/ Impreza Type R
Not when you consider the massive lump sum you have to pay after 2 yrs your really only loaning the car at that rate untill you pay the lump sum off or you can give it back

Meg 250/E36 Touring
If you have £200pm to spend and want a New 200 hp car you wont find anything else that gets near it for value!

£15k will still be worth £15k in 2 years time, a Clio wont! - depreciation is a fact of life.

A PCP works if you don't want to own a depreciating asset

GW Clio 200
Lookers deal is a good one. Put my deposit on a FF 200 earlier today, best deal I've been offered, even since last year when I was looking to buy.

Mountune Tractor
That lookers deal is awesome. If I wasn't off to uni in september i'd be off down their now. Grand in hand, direct debit details at the ready, no questions asked.

Very cheap way to get yourself into a brand new 200. Then just chuck it back at them after 2 years.

£5775 to drive a 200 for 2 years? No thanks.
Worth it if you buy the car at the end but not if your handing it back.

im trying to get my head around this..

2008 197 cups are approx 12k http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1762539.htm

So you pay 5,800 quid in total(24 mnths plus deposit) and the option final payment is 8725 quid.

So in theory you could after 2 years pay the option payment and sell it for more than the OFP. IS that pretty much right?

Yes, if the you can sell the car for more than the final value then yes, if not then you just give it back.

2=clio 200
I have looked at the Lookers deal. Obviously, the final payment is optional. But lets say you want to keep the car. So you finance the last amount. However, lookers wont be able to tell you what percentage of interest you will pay. So I imagine, I dont know, that in two years time interest will be fairly high.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I have looked at the Lookers deal. Obviously, the final payment is optional. But lets say you want to keep the car. So you finance the last amount. However, lookers wont be able to tell you what percentage of interest you will pay. So I imagine, I dont know, that in two years time interest will be fairly high.

^ not sure about that.

the optional final payment is a balloon. Collectively (OFP + Monthly + Deposit) it is 4.5% APR. Dont think there is a different/added APR on top of the single figure OFP. :S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If you can't pay the ofp or 'balloon payment' but you want to keep the car, you can finance it. Be it through the dealer or direct with the finance company.

Either way, the APR will depend on what offer/deal they have at the time.

(Thats how it worked when I was there)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you can't pay the ofp or 'balloon payment' but you want to keep the car, you can finance it. Be it through the dealer or direct with the finance company.

Either way, the APR will depend on what offer/deal they have at the time.

(Thats how it worked when I was there)

Or you could just get a bank loan (probably at a lower APR) and pay the final crippling payment that way.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can pay it however you want!

Credit card, 0%, bobs your monkhouse!

Golf GTD
So do you have to pay the £8,725 at the end and that's it? Or is this amount subject to the APR?

Also if you wanted to walk away and not pay the £8k can you just hand the car back with no ill effects?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
So do you have to pay the £8,725 at the end and that's it? Or is this amount subject to the APR?

Also if you wanted to walk away and not pay the £8k can you just hand the car back with no ill effects?

If you want to keep the car, you need to pay £8,725. You can pay it on debit card, Credit card or you can finance it. (There will obviously be interest. How much depends on the dealer/finance company)

If you don't want it, just hand it back and walk away.

Alternatively, the way the scheme is designed to work, Is that you want another Renault product so you part ex it. Lets say its worth £9,725 as a trade in. Less your £8725 settlement, leaves you £1000 deposit for the next car. Meaning you get to change cars every two years and just pay a monthly rental. Very good scheme if its sold properly. 100% guaranteed fixed cost motoring.

Golf GTD
If you want to keep the car, you need to pay £8,725. You can pay it on debit card, Credit card or you can finance it. (There will obviously be interest. How much depends on the dealer/finance company)

If you don't want it, just hand it back and walk away.

Alternatively, the way the scheme is designed to work, Is that you want another Renault product so you part ex it. Lets say its worth £9,725 as a trade in. Less your £8725 settlement, leaves you £1000 deposit for the next car. Meaning you get to change cars every two years and just pay a monthly rental. Very good scheme if its sold properly. 100% guaranteed fixed cost motoring.

Thanks for summing that up Daniel, really appreciate it mate!

Definitely getting interested in these cars, just a shame the front bumper looks a bit hideous.

Anyone care to comment on the actual MPG they're getting in the cup? (I'm off to do a search now)

edit. Also does this have a mileage cap, been searching around and some threads on here seem to suggest you can only do 6k a year?! I'd obviously speak to Lookers direct but I think they're closed now.

Last edited:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I stopped off at Renault London West today ( NR park lane)

They had a 10 plate Liquid Yellow Clio 200-
All the ticket + Options etc -
Plus intergrated sat nav & FULL STITCHED RED LEATHER front & back ( fronts were recaros as well)
didnt have speedlines-

Price-

£21100 :eek: