ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New brakes needed!

Clio RS 182
Hi I had my rear tyres changed today. When the fitter took my rear off side wheel off I was horrified to see my rear disc had split in half! How it hadn't broken apart completely I don't know.

Obviously I need new discs and pads for the rear, though I not sure what to get. The standard rear kit is nearly £200 for the parts only, so I was wondering what else is out there. I have seen this kit from Prima Racing which I think looks pretty good. What I do not want is constant squeeking everytime I apply the brakes, which I had from my old car!

Any thoughts?

182 Cup
Was the £200 price from a Renault dealer? If so you could try http://www.gsfcarparts.com/ for a better deal. You'd have to speak to Prima to find out if they'll squeel - it'll be down to the pads used. The rear brakes don't do a great deal on the RS Clios - despite my fronts being changed 4 times in 35k miles, the rears are still going strong!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Those discs you linked to are only discs, will need new bearing pressed in ETC, i got my rear disc, with bearings and ABS ring and new pads for £175 from yozzasport.

182 Cup
Some of the cheaper alternatives you mention are still made by Brembo - so I doubt it very much.

Clio 182 FF + Cup Packs
Hi - I wanted to replace my front brake discs as they are a bit worn. KTEC ones seem a bit much so gonna search around on GSF. But just wondering if all I need to buy is just the brake discs and nothing else? I have plenty of brake pad left.

Megane
Its generally felt that if you change the disks, you should also change the pads.

That way the pads bed into the disks better.