ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear stud & Nut kit. Is this right?

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
Hello,

Fitting a stud and nut kit to the rear of the clio and the shoulder/knob/wide but doesn't go through the disc.

If I were to fit these (with locktite) I wouldn't be able to take the disc off?

Are these the wrong studs?

20230906_125518.jpg

Yes I need new discs.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
These are right. It’s there to prevent the stud touching the hub. Just make sure that there’s clearance. The loctite 2700 isn’t permanent so you’ll be able to take off easily enough. Just nip up to 20Nm.

Last edited:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hello,

Fitting a stud and nut kit to the rear of the clio and the shoulder/knob/wide but doesn't go through the disc.

If I were to fit these (with locktite) I wouldn't be able to take the disc off?

Are these the wrong studs?

View attachment 1659749

Yes I need new discs.
What do you mean can't take the disc off?
The disc and bearing are all one in the clios, not split onto a hub.

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
Riiight.

So it's not like the front? Where you can slip the disc over the studs.

Of all my clios I've never touched the rear discs. So this area is new to me.

Appreciate the replies.

bowen86

ClioSport Club Member
But this (my issue, which isn't a issue, in the picture) in the picture is fine?

How'd you change the disc when the studs are locktight'd in, crack them free?

Again, never changed the disc/hub on the rear of a Clio so I am totally wet behind the ears. Ha.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
But this (my issue, which isn't a issue, in the picture) in the picture is fine?

How'd you change the disc when the studs are locktight'd in, crack them free?

Again, never changed the disc/hub on the rear of a Clio so I am totally wet behind the ears. Ha.
Yeah. It’s recommended to use 2700 which isn’t a permanent bond, but enough to stop them vibrating out. Just tighten them to 20Nm and they’ll crack off when it come to removing.

It’s never happened to me, but I’ve heard stories of people loosening the studs if the nuts get crusty, usually with an ugger dugger gun.

I used to check mine every trackday as I was always whipping the wheels on and off.