ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 360 owner, games which are a must?

Ibiza SC
Hi.

I've gotten hold of an Xbox 360 for the first time, with Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire.

RDR is brilliant, LA Noire is meh. There's TONS of games I guess that are a must to play, so can anyone suggest the next 'must buys' for me?
I've bought it in preperation for GTA5 if I'm honest, but with plenty time beforehand to give other games a go.

Give us a clue what genres you like? Not much point people giving suggestions if we go for genres you think are shite.

Ibiza SC
Give us a clue what genres you like? Not much point people giving suggestions if we go for genres you think are s**te.

It was 'in general' really. If I'm honest I love my free roaming adventure games and driving games.

I found Gears of War to not be to my liking, and I hate Fifa too. So games such as RDR, GTA4 and Forza are what I'm on now.

Mates at work are telling me to try Fallout and Mass Effect.

Forza 4 for sure.

The Bioshock games are great if you've never played them.

The orange box if you like a bit of Half-life and portal 2 was great too.

The assassins creed series I enjoyed too although the first one is a little repetitive compared to the others.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Forza 4 for sure.

The Bioshock games are great if you've never played them.

The orange box if you like a bit of Half-life and portal 2 was great too.

The assassins creed series I enjoyed too although the first one is a little repetitive compared to the others.

100% agree with Assassins Creed! Awesome series, but as Turkish said, the first one is rather repetitive.

Forza 4 is awesome also :)

clio 172 cup
The new batman, skyrim, forza 4, the orange box think theres 4 games on it.

I might get slated but the Lego games are f'n awesome lol

Gaz

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The Batman games are very good as they work brilliantly with the 360 controller.

Forza 4 is great (by far the most common game I fire up the 360 for) and DIRT3 is a good alternative too. Again, suits the 360 pad very well. Supposedly the top line FPS games like BF3 and MW3 are also good, but I'm a dedicated keyboard & mouse user for those...

D.

Skyrim and the Mass Effect 2 would be enough to keep you indoors for a couple of months. Throw in BF3 and Forza 4 for a change of pace and you need not see daylight till Summer.

Ibiza SC
I've had it a week and completed Red Dead story mode already, ha!

Will pick up Forza 4 and Mass Effect 2 this weekend.

Ph 1 172
Trails hd on the marketplace as well as limbo, toy soldiers is also good
Proper games I'd go with
Forza 4
Gears of war seris
Battlefield
Assassins creed 1-4
Splinter cell games
Crysis 1+2

Monaro VXR
No point picking up mass effect 2 without playing the first one. The second is a proper continuation of the first. As in you can import your save game from the first into the second, so choices you made in the first game effect the second game. Plus the first game can be picked up for next to nothing. Think it is about a £5 now. If you do lots of exploring (which gets a bit boring in this game) it is about 40 hours long. Can get through the main story in around 20 hours. The second game is around 35 hours or so, not as much exploration. That isn't including any DLC for the games.

They are a little different in how they play first is more RPG, second more action RPG. All about the story though. Looking forward to the third game coming out to see what happens.

Last edited:
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
As for good games you should go for,
Forza 4
Dirt 3 (amazing online)
Call of duty modern warfare 3 (if your not a fan of COD try battlefield)
Should check out some halo games.

And probably the best arcade game and very very addictive.
Trails hd in game marketplace.

Ibiza SC
No point picking up mass effect 2 without playing the first one. The second is a proper continuation of the first. As in you can import your save game from the first into the second, so choices you made in the first game effect the second game. Plus the first game can be picked up for next to nothing. Think it is about a £5 now. If you do lots of exploring (which gets a bit boring in this game) it is about 40 hours long. Can get through the main story in around 20 hours. The second game is around 35 hours or so, not as much exploration. That isn't including any DLC for the games.

They are a little different in how they play first is more RPG, second more action RPG. All about the story though. Looking forward to the third game coming out to see what happens.

I heard that the second was a continuation, so I guess there wouldnt be any point in getting the second first.
Definately a recommendation though?

Monaro VXR
I heard that the second was a continuation, so I guess there wouldnt be any point in getting the second first.
Definately a recommendation though?

Definitely, one of my favourite games. Not often I can sit and pour 40 hours into a game, managed it with both of them.
The story keep you interested, you want to see what happens.