ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 2.0 Dynamique S 138

BG182®
just been looking about the renault site and came across the new 2.0 dynamique S with 138 bhp. first off i can see its an underpowed 2.0 but for someone my age (18) its not a bad deal. as im lookin for a car as soon as i been thinking about news cars aswell. does any one know what there like and have any opinions on them. i know its no renault 197 or anything but as said before for my age it seems good. also comparing it to the astra sport which i got my eyes on too, its cheaper AND faster :approve:

cliosport.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i think they're too expensive. And i sell them for a living.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Makes no difference wether its new or used, its all done on credit scoring. Just remember everytime you apply for finance, it marks your credit history, so only apply for finance once you have made a solid deal and are ready to 100% commit.

cock mobile.
I can see the point in them, see if you can buy them direct, ie not through a main stealer, the price might be more attractive that way.

BG182®
Makes no difference wether its new or used, its all done on credit scoring. Just remember everytime you apply for finance, it marks your credit history, so only apply for finance once you have made a solid deal and are ready to 100% commit.

ok cheers for that m8.

Chocolate Bar™
i got finance when i was 19 on my 1.2, however that was a car worth 6.5k not 13k lol. To be honest i think i'd go forthe corsa SRi 1.6 turbo over that

Turbos.
As an 18 year old bear in mind insuring a car worth £13k will cost you a bomb.

I would wait around for the new Twingo 1.2 Turbo (99bhp) which is based on the Mk2 Clio and keep with a banger for now!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yep twingos happening, the 1.2 turbo engine is coming to the clio too dont know if they mean the new MK3 or MK2 Clio Campus tho.

twingo will come with 3 engines...

1.2 16v 75bhp
1.2 16v T 100bhp
1.4 16v 98bhp

dont see the point in the 1.4 being in the lineup tho having the same power as the turbo engine (even if it will have a different power delivery)

Golf GTI 1.8T
2 litre engine for 138bhp :eek:

wernt the dynamique 1.6 16v 130bhp?

will the bhp be down to the ecu, so maybe its chippable to nearer 2.0l sport power?

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
any pics of twingo. Wat would ins b like for 18 yr old etc cheap as 1.2 but how does turbo effect hhmm

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i think a 1.2 turbo twingo will be ace, bleed valve, remap

120 ponies to be had easy imo

;)

Tangoed Works
^^ Reminiscent of the 5 turbo days. Lighweight, 120 hp, absolute joy to drive. Think could get more than 120 hp out of it though.

J

J182sport

mint sounds like a little rocket! didnt like the old twingo's looks tho! any pics? as for the 2.0 dynamique S with 138 bhp sounds ok but will the price of the car and the insurance realy be much less than the better 197? used 197 prices will be 13k soon! or less

Turbos.
Just read in EVO that there will be a Clio GT model coming out with the same 138bhp engine, but will have 'sportier suspension and meaner looks.' I wonder if this will be a 197 copy?

Octavia VRS
I really like the pics I've seen of the new Twingo, 13k for that 2.0 138bhp Clio seems a hell of a lot imo

Octavia VRS
Just read in EVO that there will be a Clio GT model coming out with the same 138bhp engine, but will have 'sportier suspension and meaner looks.' I wonder if this will be a 197 copy?

Seen pics of the Meg GT and some of the mods look quite tacky imo - hope the Clio doesn't go the same way

CB600FS
1.2 Turbo with 100bhp ffs, Renault going half way again. Just stick a 225 engine in it and be done with it. Or better still, a 1.9 DCI - bit of a squeeze

Chocolate Bar™

Talking to the dealer about this, the pic on this thread is the GT. Difference being its got a 1 off black to purple flip paint job, and half leather and alacantra seats, the rest of the spec being the same as the dynamique s (might have diff wheels i'd assume)