ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182 Clio Cup owner

182 Inferno Orange
Just bought an inferno orange cup SW05 HRD if previous owner is on here let me know. Loving it so far, not enjoying the 60+ pounds of V-Power iv been through in quick time. Im from paisley so will keep an eye out for other members around central belt.

However Iv got a few questions, when my wipers are on intermitantly their is a noticable click when they start and stop moving. It sounds like electric windows being pressed and released. Is this normal? There is no noise when they are on constant. And what does the lever under the seat do? Not the lever moving forwards and backwards. I cant get it to move at all and dont want to force it.

Also I noticed slighlty rough idle when I started it up there. The car was already warm and didnt ssem problematic in any other way. I may just being overly cautous as it has a warranty from the dealer so wanting to get anything fixed pronto. Also slight knocking earlyier when reversing. Car has full service history and belts done.

Last edited:

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
Lever under the seat, if its on the left hand side it the one to move your driving position height. Mine often feels like it wont budge when its right down, just give it a yank, it should move. As for the wipers and clicking, i think thats normal, mine does it anyway.

RB 182 Gordini
The clicking with the wipers is normal as on the clio there is no such things as intermeadiate wipers, if you have your wiper lever in the middle you are on Auto wiper setting and will work when it senses that it's raining, the click noise you hear is the moto kicking in to move the wipers (sounds like its coming from the glove box) it's completeley normal :)

RB 182 cup
cups dont have auto wipers, but yeh clicking is the relay and is normal as said

The clicking with the wipers is normal as on the clio there is no such things as intermeadiate wipers, if you have your wiper lever in the middle you are on Auto wiper setting and will work when it senses that it's raining, the click noise you hear is the moto kicking in to move the wipers (sounds like its coming from the glove box) it's completeley normal :)

182 Inferno Orange
Thanks for the replys. Really happy with the car just those little niggley things were worrying.

LEXUS LS400
I picked up my 182 today too... the seat height adjustment is easier to adjust if you're not sat in it ;)

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Might see you about, i drive between clydebank and the city quite often. Thats if mine stops breaking :S lol

CLIO 182 CUP
Just bought an inferno orange cup SW05 HRD if previous owner is on here let me know. Loving it so far, not enjoying the 60+ pounds of V-Power iv been through in quick time. Im from paisley so will keep an eye out for other members around central belt.

However Iv got a few questions, when my wipers are on intermitantly their is a noticable click when they start and stop moving. It sounds like electric windows being pressed and released. Is this normal? There is no noise when they are on constant. And what does the lever under the seat do? Not the lever moving forwards and backwards. I cant get it to move at all and dont want to force it.

Also I noticed slighlty rough idle when I started it up there. The car was already warm and didnt ssem problematic in any other way. I may just being overly cautous as it has a warranty from the dealer so wanting to get anything fixed pronto. Also slight knocking earlyier when reversing. Car has full service history and belts done.

WHoa I just happened to stumble across this post after discussing how much I loved the inferno orange 182 I owned many moons ago and checking Google to see if it was still on the road! I was the first registered owner of the car - changed it for a Hilux after a year to tow a rallycar but could hold off getting another one a year later! Altogether now I have owned either a 172 or 182 for going on now 13yrs. Mainly use my Clio 182 FF for trackdays now last outing at Anglesey
http://s1216.photobucket.com/user/Stephen_Murray/media/The Clios1.jpg.html

The%20Clios1.jpg.html