ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 172 cup owner :)

Clio 172 Cup
Hello!

I'm from north London area.
I just picked up a modified mondial blue 172 cup for a nice deal, and I am looking to put it back to 100% standard
Expect silly questions from me whilst trying to source all the pieces to get my car back as it was originally intended :smile:

I'm looking for the following items, new or mint condition:

Full suspension (shocks and springs) are 172 and 182 cup items different?

Original air box for 172 cup

Original steering wheel or a retrained one in OEM style spec

Original exhaust or a sensible aftermarket one (current one seems to be very loud and has twin tailpipes, I want original or subtle!)

172 Cup
Hello!

I'm from north London area.
I just picked up a modified mondial blue 172 cup for a nice deal, and I am looking to put it back to 100% standard
Expect silly questions from me whilst trying to source all the pieces to get my car back as it was originally intended :smile:

I'm looking for the following items, new or mint condition:

Full suspension (shocks and springs) are 172 and 182 cup items different?

Original air box for 172 cup

Original steering wheel or a retrained one in OEM style spec

Original exhaust or a sensible aftermarket one (current one seems to be very loud and has twin tailpipes, I want original or subtle!)

Welcome mate. Great variant choice! :)
172 and 182 Cup front shocks have different pitch between hub mounting holes. Make sure you obtain the 54mm spaced variants. Springs wise you can either go OEM, or if wish to lower the ride height, Cooksport or Eibach Sportline or Pro-kit are popular choices.

Original exhausts expensive for what they are and apparently hard to come by nowadays, so you're better off going for a stainless aftermarket system. KTEC, Kam Racing etc do stealth variants which off an OEM look (backbox hidden underneath rear of car)

Clio 172 Cup
Thanks for the welcome guys

Welcome mate. Great variant choice! :smile:
172 and 182 Cup front shocks have different pitch between hub mounting holes. Make sure you obtain the 54mm spaced variants. Springs wise you can either go OEM, or if wish to lower the ride height, Cooksport or Eibach Sportline or Pro-kit are popular choices.

Original exhausts expensive for what they are and apparently hard to come by nowadays, so you're better off going for a stainless aftermarket system. KTEC, Kam Racing etc do stealth variants which off an OEM look (backbox hidden underneath rear of car)

Damn, that is bad news about the shocks. I have seen 182 cup shocks for sale for a good/tempting price. But this leaves them totally out of question now :(

Does anyone have any idea what the original 172 cup suspension part numbers are?

or does anyone have some originals available which I could buy?

I want to make my car the best condition possible. Will add some pictures once I have got it looking a bit more respectable.

I would also like some original Clio cup turini alloys in silver (or needing restoration, I can have them refinished in any colour) my wheels are some aftermarket variant which I would prefer returned to stock!

I appreciate all help :)

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hi join up as a paid member
Gives you access too the sales section etc
Also renault parts direct if you want new parts
Welcome along