ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Neons/LED's in the boot

Mégane RS
Hi i want to put some neons/leds in the boot but i was thinking about wiring up to the boot light so they only come on when the boot is open, would this work or would there be any problems with doing this? thanks

Should be fine I think. If it blows your fuse though, just increase your boot light fuse (dunno if all interior lights run off same fuse) by 5amp. I've got 2 ecu's that are triggered by the boot light and not had any fusing problems

Golf GTI 1.8T
your not gonna be able to blow a fuse if you use led's, the power draw is so little (70mW)

05 1.2 Dynamique
i've got 2 sets of the ones that came free with fast car in mine, works fine, i've not got a digi cam so i can't actually show you, a few of my none-car-obsessed mates think they're gay but i really like the glow!

silver valver/hybrid
Nightfire said:
If it blows your fuse though, just increase your boot light fuse (dunno if all interior lights run off same fuse) by 5amp.

i wouldn't advise doing this, putting too high ampage fuses in couldnt result in melting wires and causing a possible fire.

Golf GTI 1.8T
deffinately, and what derv said, you shouldnt increase your fuses because the cables are only designed for a certain ampage too.