ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need some advice

clio 172
Just got a deal I couldnt refuse on a mk1 172 but needs a lot of TLC

1. Firstly the cambelt has not been done, or at least I dont think so and it has done 75 000. WHen you start the car you can hear belts making funny noises under the bonnet. is this just that the belts need replacing? Or have a brought a heap.
2. There is a really loud rattling I mean really loud rattling coming from what I think is the exhaust. I cant pin point the area exactly. Any ideas??

Providing I can make good the car I will need to tidy the inside and get a couple of bits.

Where is the best place to buy an air filter (itg preferrebly) along with some new plugs not sure of which make?
I would also like to replace the silver door well housings (not sure of official name) around the window buttons on both sides is this possible.
Finally I need a seat adjusting handle for the drivers side which allows you to move the back rest as mine is missing. Help there aswell if possible.

As you can see im a beginner to all this but would appreciate any help

Thanks

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
Shouldn’t really be making that noise.

Cambet is to be done at 5 years or 72k (which ever first).

Most do the water pump too as if it busts the whole job needs to be done again

A dealer will quote from £700 - £1000 ish

There are many good indi garages dotted around the country (recommended on here) that will do a better job and at about £500 ish.

The standard exhaust rots away within 3 years so if it still on the original one it may need bit to be replaced. Often an aftermarket Stainless steel one is cheaper than a crappy renualt one anyway and so many go down that route.

IGT can be got from K-tec. Most say to use a Panel filter as an induction kit often can lose you power (more so with an open one) unless you want the induction noise id stick away from them imo.