ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nearside outer CV Boot wtf.... 182 ff

Arctic Blue 182
Ok so i have just done some more reading. Before I get the hammer out again...

So I read you cant get the outer CV off and instead take off the inner and slide the new boot down. Now looking at my shaft there seems to some obstructions in the way.....

20uoc2e.jpg

So whats the correct way to do this?? Slide down or does the outer joint come off??

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'm sure there's a circlip that keeps the cv joint in place, don't quote me on that though.

Easiest option, and the option I took last year, is to just replace with a stretchy boot, makes it alot easier, albeit they're not as durable.

Arctic Blue 182
Aye that is why i'm going this route.

outer joint does come off. Got bored and attacked it with a large hammer... Reassembly time now

Arctic Blue 182
I'm going to finish this tomorrow. What's this about a clip. There was one still on after i had knocked the outer cv joint off. Did I make a boo boo?

@Dr Jekyll it's all adding up mate. I had the boot laying around. Spent over £300 on parts and lube so far and consider that to be more than enough to get her back on the road..

Arctic Blue 182
Well like a nob I thought i was on the home straight and got carried away hammering the gearbox joint on and subsequently smashed it.. . . . Lets see how these J&R shafts hold up :)