ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nearly wrote my valver off!!!

The title implies I nearly wrote my valver off but actually it was that other c**t!

Following this Avensis down a single carriageway and he starts slowing down and pulling over to the lefthand side of the road, brake lights are on etc but no indicators, i assume hes pulling up so i indicate right pull onto the other side of the road and start to pass him....at which this f**king dozy stupid c**t decides to swing a right into his drive! no indicators, no checking his mirrors or blindspot or anything! so ive got to slam on the anchors, pull it to the right to avoid hitting the f**king sl*g in front of me, up onto the kerb i go and then ive got to swing it to the left again to avoid the brick wall and the lamppost in front of me and im left fishtailing down the road! Its a good job im such a competent driver and have quick reactions!;)

What the f**k is it with drivers these days, no one bothers to indicate (which is a pet hate of mine!) or pay any f**king attention, every day i see things that i just can not work out what their motivation for taking such reckless and stupid action is! More often than not you can put down incidents on the road to lack of attention. And to make matters worse, I saw that car add for a citroen i think it is, where the driver covers his face and drives across a thin bridge....you must of seen it! what the f**k is all that about! is it seriously ok for car manufacturers to add functions to their cars that give motorists more excuse not to pay attention...its a sorry state of affairs when we cant be trusted to keep our cars on the road with good old-fashioned skill and awareness....

sorry for the rant guys, needed to get it off my chest!

Clio 200 Cup

I know what you mean, have had incidents like this regularly. The thing that REALLY gets me though, is despite no indication, looking, etc... etc... etc... some of them have the downright cheek to HOOT AT YOU as if its your fault for overtaking!!

Could have been worse mate. But I agree, there are plenty prick drivers out there, its just a case of anticipating what they are doing (or not doing) and not making any manuveres when theres any uncertainty on your part.

[Edited by badinvincible on 26 January 2005 at 6:46pm]

Quote: Originally posted by stevoversteer on 26 January 2005

I know what you mean, have had incidents like this regularly. The thing that REALLY gets me though, is despite no indication, looking, etc... etc... etc... some of them have the downright cheek to HOOT AT YOU as if its your fault for overtaking!!
my god, were you there monday night?! i know exactly what you mean.

fair point bad, i normally do but, i have to admit i was in a bit of a rush.....not naming any names....rajk....

yeah were both fine mate, more importantly the car, a few bumps and bruises never did me any harm but it would cost far too much to repair the motor!

try being a learner, its hard enough when people are indicating! just need experiance. lol well you wouldt believe the manouveres people use to pass me only for me to catch em up at the next junction or traffic lights, or drop a gear on a hill and catch em right up

Quote: Originally posted by felix16v on 26 January 2005

What the f**k is it with drivers these days, no one bothers to indicate (which is a pet hate of mine!) or pay any f**king attention, every day i see things that i just can not work out what their motivation for taking such reckless and stupid action is! More often than not you can put down incidents on the road to lack of attention....its a sorry state of affairs when we cant be trusted to keep our cars on the road with good old-fashioned skill and awareness....
yeah, some people eh felix?! *sighs*

i mean sometimes late at night, i go to pull the curtains, look out the window and see a red clio, looks a bit done up like, wrong side of the road, no indicators, clearly way over the speed limit... some people eh?

i know what you mean about the learning thing, people seem to make it their mission to get past you! and then they get annoyed when you accelerate away from an island because they think you should let them past :mad:

glad to see you and your car are ok, did you stop and talk to him?

Willy2

well if you wernt late then you wouldnt have to rush! hence no incident!

The A40 would have been quicker, you were right!

piss off liam! that cant have been me cos i indicated when i overtook that geezer that time youre referring to!

dr fox - no, i didnt stop to talk to him, i should have, but i will be returning to explain to him a few relevent pages of the highway code...

raj - the fact that i was in a rush aint the point, even had i not been in a hurry i still wouldve gone to overtake him as would ever one else, what else do you do if hes slowing down and pulling up on the lefthand side.....

Nissan Jewk

I get this every single day on the bike, people not seeing me, people turning without indicating... its so bad you just have to assume people are gonna try and f**k you up and its a bonus when they dont! Im driving the 172 with the same mentatily now and it seems to work

Octavia VRS

could have been worse mate, as said above you have to try and have your wits around you at all times, t**ser in the Avensis tho, imagine not indicating when pulling into a drive :confused:

I saw an accident on the way home from work on sunday, lorry pulled out on an Evo in the fast lane of a dual carridgeway, Evo broke, tried to stear to miss the lorry, got it sideways and spanked the central reservation, lorry driver tried to drive off, Evo caught lorry driver and managed to get him to stop, I stopped as well (to act as a witness), lorry driver refused to give any details until the driver of the Evo started to call the police, at which point the lorry driver paniced and give details.

sh*t me up big time as I thought the Evo was going to roll in front of me, loads of tyre smoke and had to steer to where I hoped the Evo wasnt as I couldnt see for tyre smoke.

Felix hate to break it to you but you were in the wrong with this one, as the rule of the law says, you should have anticipated his manuver (sp?), indicators are only an indication of what they might do. Harsh I know but had you hit him it would have been your fault.

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 27 January 2005

I get this every single day on the bike, people not seeing me, people turning without indicating... its so bad you just have to assume people are gonna try and f**k you up and its a bonus when they dont! Im driving the 172 with the same mentatily now and it seems to work
Yeah, I was reading this thing about how to ride your bike safely at my GFs and it totally opened up a new perspective on driving, positioning, anticipation etc.

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 27 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by MikeC on 27 January 2005

Yeah, I was reading this thing about how to ride your bike safely at my GFs and it totally opened up a new perspective on driving, positioning, anticipation etc.
Yeah ride a bike for a couple of weeks and youll soon get a totally new perspective on driving a car.

If he didnt indicate to the left to show he was stopping, then it was your fault for overtaking him when he wasnt at a stop.

Should be more careful really

i see where youre coming from pete, but f**k that, i would not have accepted liability for that in the slightest. The way i see it, it is similar to if there is a car parked up on the side of the road and traffic is flowing past it ie overtaking it, if that car pulls straight into the traffic and gets hit would it be the fault of the car that hit it? because the parked car wasnt indicating left? and similarly (dudelove) if a car is in the middle of the road waiting to turn right but without indication your automatically going to undertake it, if the car then decides to carry on its path in a straight line, again without indication, and you hit it is that still your fault?

theyre the same scenario but looked at from a different perspective, i guess essentially im implying that there is no excuse for not indicating, it is not particularly difficult, it does not require a large degree of brain power and it is not at all taxing on our motor neurone abilities!

so much could be avoided if people made the effort...

Unfortunately in both cases the driver overtaking or undertaking would be at fault. Harsh as it may seam your insurance company would have to say it was your fault.

As for indicators you do not by law have to use them.

don't

ive always wondered, what happens if somes brake lights are out and u crash into the back of them, take it person behind gets the blame

at the end of the day, he could have been slowing down for anything, duck in the road, a dog , could have been something u couldnt see infront of you

ok hes an idiot but just be greatful u and ur car are ok

Its all about anticipation of what the car infront is going to do, the theory is you leave enough gap for all eventualities.

thats ridiculous pete, call me ignorant if you will but i refuse to believe that for a second. my one and only claim came when a vehicle pulled from the side of the road into my path and i smashed into him, i was speeding, only by 5 or 6 mph and i admitted that, and the insurance companies still found in my favour...

POW - thats a good point, that indicates to me that using them probably would be a legal requirement?

Thats different tho if they were parked, the point in question was that the car was previously in motion.

You dont have to use your indicators as they are an indication of what you may do, not what you will actually do. MOT is completely separate from how you should drive on the road.

Technically yes, but only....just....

fair point though, evidently we will have to agree to disagree...

luckily for me, insurance companies agree with me.....;)

Its how insurance companies work tho, its normally down to a slight difference like that which swings it either way.

just to add, my ex is always telling me that you should drive with the mentality that all others on the roads are incompetent, unaware, nutcases and if im honest i sometimes forget this....its sound advice tho

wait, what am i saying, sound driving advice from a woman, what the f**k is the world coming to?!