ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NE French Car Show 2011

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
NE French Car Show Sunday, 5th June 2011

Rockingham Motor Speedway, Northants, NN17 5AF

Alright People,

The time has come for French Car Show 2011.

The plan is to go down on Saturday 4th June and return on Monday 6th June. 2 Night Stay.

We will meet up on Saturday at the A1 Scotch Corner Services at 13:00. Have a coffee break then convoy down in a nice steady pace. Walkie Talkies on the ready lol.

Here is a map location of the Scotch Corner Services as the Meeting Point:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...54.576042,-1.71936&spn=0.610521,2.113495&z=10

If any of you want to go just for the 1 night that's no problem. I find it better and safer staying the extra night as from past experience.

It's about a 3 hour drive from the services to the Travelodge but we will be taking a break in between some where in the middle.

Past couple of years we stayed at the Alwalton Travelodge in Peterborough it's right on the A1 itself. It's a nice place and close enough for the town and FCS itself. The rooms at present are £55.25 for 2 Nights stay as there is a sale at the minute, this can be split down for 2 people or even 3 people to make it much cheaper. The later you leave it it will soon mount up so get it booked soon as.

Here is the link for the Travelodge to book up:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/

Once we settled into the Travelodge after the long journey. Was thinking of going over to the town for food and drink like what we have done in the past, have had many well remembered memories there lol.

I havn't been out with any of the new members on here but keep an eye out especially for James, some say that he has a secret identity when he goes out and that he steals cop cars for fun and he marry's strippers.

I'm sure there's a tap outside if any of you lot want to give the car a quick wash as we need to get there quit early for the gate/stand ect.

It's about a half hour drive from the Travelodge to FCS itself.

For the Sunday night there are a good couple of local pubs and restaraunts and even a petrol station across the road for sherberts and snacks or even get a pizza delivered which we have done before.

And then make our way back on the Monday.

Tickets can be bought on the French Car Show Website from 1st February – Link Below
http://www.frenchcarshow.co.uk/

So get your names down and if you have any questions PM myself or James1470 or just post it on here.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Im definatly in. Alwalton is the perfect one to go to. Might aswell make it 3rd year on the trot. :D

Sam!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I thought it would be best to put up a list and if you're staying in the above hotel or just going to the show on the day

I will be sorting my own accomodation as we stayed in the hampton next to rockingham last year and it was awesome....had a mint night in the rocafella's club aswell

FCS list of people attending :

1. Geddes - Hotel, show
2. Bonxy - Hotel, Show
3. Chris205 (show only)

I'm quite excited for the show this year, probably because I have a deadline to get the trophy ready by

RB 200
FCS list of people attending :

1. Geddes - Hotel, show
2. Bonxy - Hotel, Show
3. Chris205 (show only)
4. James1470 Hotel,Show

yep i'm quite excited too ... i have my deadline to get my audio system sorted properly and to fix one little hitch in the plan that was fitting 197 bumpers and wings :p should be fun!!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
aye i can't wait for this either, didn't go last year with no job.

this time we got new people as will makes things more intresting lol and i wont be on the beer this time round as i've stopped

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
1. Geddes - Hotel, show
2. Bonxy - Hotel, Show
3. Chris205 (show only)
4. James1470 Hotel,Show
5. 7unner172
6. scott1205
7. Sav

Not sure whether to stop over yet, and the clio probably wont be finished, so i'll be the odd one in a saxo

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
go on savi stop over you'll regret it not stopping over after the event is finished

1. Geddes - Hotel, show
2. Bonxy - Hotel, Show
3. Chris205 (show only)
4. James1470 Hotel,Show
5. 7unner172
6. scott1205
7. Sav
8.freemo77 (show only)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
must be keen to join the NE lot, nice place York btw been there few times

well i presumed it was the closer "area"? just keen to go to FCS, never been, i know its months away but cannot wait

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
you can tag allong with us no problem at all, i'm sure youre in the other area.

Feel free to join us though

do different areas meet up on the way down?

i mean if the scottish lot have a convoy down would say the NE join with them and so on?

il be there although il be down bedford at that time rather than the north east so il just be going from the house 2w the show.. may travel back up with you lot if thats ok

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Nice one Stu Hotel and Show. Just a few more days and i'll be booking for my Ticket, all my Hotel is Done and paid for

1. Geddes - Hotel, Show
2. Bonxy - Hotel, Show
3. Chris205 (show only)
4. James1470 Hotel, Show
5. 7unner172
6. scott1205
7. Sav
8.freemo77 (show only)
9. Ryan12
10. 172-Stu (Hotel, Show)

172 cup
1. Geddes - Hotel, Show
2. Bonxy - Hotel, Show
3. Chris205 (show only)
4. James1470 Hotel, Show
5. 7unner172
6. scott1205
7. Sav
8.freemo77 (show only)
9. Ryan12
10. 172-Stu (Hotel, Show)
11. d4nmc (show, poss hotel)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
the link is on 1st page, you need Alwalton Peterborough branch

can't seem to do a direct link for you, just have to search it sorry

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Does nobody fancy staying at the Hampton Hilton, I stayed there last year and its literally a minute from the show, it's opposite the jet garage and has a players bar right next to it.

I'm booking up probably this week sometime, k-tec, streamline etc stayed there last year as well

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've all ready booked and paid the hotel at Alwalton Peterborough, i'll have a look at another hotel for next year

07 Campus Sport 1.2
theres also a premier inn in corby, right next to a beefeater, just on the outskirts of corby, and the Rockingham Forest hotel, pretty much opposite the Hampton. I live literally a ten minute walk from the hampton, it looks a pretty nice hotel, rockafellas right next to it, damn expensive though, better off going to Madisons/Storm/Village Inn next to Asda, much cheaper!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Dan its about £60 a night, well worth it mate. I will talk to you on friday, there's a few of us going there so you're more than welcome.

Also after a heavy night on the booze in rocafellas you get more of a lie in as you pull out of the hotel and you're at the show :)