ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naples MK1 Track car project

Mk1 F4R
I think an update is needed as i have'nt done one for a while and quite abit has been done

Starded off by taking some white spirits to the left over sound deadening. I tell you wot it aint half a messy job lol

PIC_0413.jpg

I then started on the front and rear footwells i decided to miss out the bit under the seat till a can be bothered to take the seat out

PIC_0416.jpg

Next job i did was to take out the airbag computer because its not needed as i dont have any airbags. The wires were just tucked into the glove box

PIC_0418.jpg

PIC_0419.jpg

Cable tied the centeral locking switch to the bottom of the dash

PIC_0421.jpg

Got a new cliosport sticker the same colour as the car

old logo

PIC_0412.jpg

new one

PIC_0417.jpg

Purchessed some fixed rear windows off f0xy and fitted them the othher day

Started off by drilling the rivets out of the window frames

PIC_0433.jpg

PIC_0432.jpg

New window fitted

PIC_0438.jpg

Done this on both sides and it only took 15 mins

PIC_0439.jpg

PIC_0440.jpg

Mk1 F4R
Ive been getting the things i need for the 172 widetrack

sofar i have
* Williams steering rack
* Williams anti roll bar
* 127 Hubs
* 172 Wishbones
* 172 Discs (standard for now)
* 172 Pads (standard for now)*
* 172 Callipers
I now need 172 Driveshafts and Williams coilovers so if anyone has any pls let me know

I thought it was about time i started on getting the widetrack prepped and ready to all go on for oulton park in Novembe

Also need to get done
R19 braided brake lines
mill down the hubs 2mm on each side so the williams suspension will fit
tidy some of the items up with a good coat of paint

Started off on the callipers
They were looking tired and on there last legs so i decided to give them a good sand down and a coa of paint

PIC_0441.jpg

took the carrier off the calliper to sand it down with a wire brush

PIC_0442.jpg

next i then took off the old brake line off as it was cut and it was the same on both

PIC_0443.jpg

decided id get some new bleed niples, cost me 70p from the local shop
sprayed them with WD40 and left them for 10 mins, the firs callipers niple came out with no problems but the second was a ball ache it was that tight in it rounded off, so i thought if i put a 7mm on it, it might come off so i bashed it on and it started to turn so i thought great and then snap ooooo sh*t here comes another job that i dont have time for lol :dapprove: also broke the 7mm spanner in the process

callipers after a good brush down

PIC_0445.jpg

PIC_0446.jpg

Mk1 F4R
The broken spanner

PIC_0449.jpg

I had to cut the top of the niple off to hit the other end of the 7mm spanner on and then it broke the niple in half dammmmmn

PIC_0455.jpg

Ill have to fix that another day

Got the 172 wishbones out brushed them over and gave them a coat of paint

PIC_0457.jpg

PIC_0461.jpg

one of the callipers painted as im not doing anything to the other one yet as it need work doing to it

PIC_0465.jpg

it was time to unpack the williams anti roll bar

PIC_0467.jpg

It needed a brush down and some paint as it wasnt looking as new as it once did

PIC_0468.jpg

PIC_0474.jpg

Painted and looking good

PIC_0475.jpg

A pic of how the calliper looks now
Black hammerite with napples red over the top

PIC_0501.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk1 F4R
Just ordered 172 phs 1 driveshafts from cliospares £110 delivered so not to bad, hopefully they will be here next week

I have been looking at coilovers for the conversion and im very interested in the fk konigsport (adjustable damping) £510 from venom motorsports, cheepest place ive seen around does anyone know if they are any good!

Mk1 F4R
See if you can get two sets cheaper, I'm after the same!

I can only ask mate, im going to ring them up tomorrow as they are only open till 5.30. Im waiting for someone to pay me for the coilovers off the fez and that will be the money for the new ones :D

ValverInBits
consider trying a blowtorch on the caliper, heat the whole thing up, then use something direct to cool the nipple (tee he), spray duster (CO2) or plumbers freeze spray would do it, or a water pistol or something. You might just be able to turn it with a flathead if you could get a grove in it.
could save you a few pennies.

edit: having said all that I think brake fluid is flammable and you want to be careful with the rubber seal.

Best of luck!

Track valver + Ibiza FR
What happened, something to do with the riggy manifold I take it? Jord looks pissed off as always lol!

JDM Dc2
What happened, something to do with the riggy manifold I take it? Jord looks pissed off as always lol!

adam was trying to get away from me on the lancs and was failing lol...

i was following him then is i pulled into the other lane to go in for the kill then all of a sudden sparks everywhere lol

the down pipe seperated from the manifold itself and one of the bolts fell out and is now lost

Mk1 F4R
Well the same has happend again tonight :mad:
luckley was turning into my road when it came off this time got to get it sorted out tommorow, think it was coz lack of one bolt and the solid dogbone mount
Hopefully all will be sorted for the rolling road day at RS tuning on saturday

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Gutted, solid dogbone mounts can sometimes cause more trouble than their worth for some people. I might be coming on saturday, probably won't make it for when you leave but might pop over later.

Mk1 F4R
Sorted the manifold tonight and topped up the gear box oil and power steering fluids, The car feels so much better now no blowing or power steering whining and the gears feel a little better to get in to gear now :D

BMW M5 & E36
For everyones information, I'm not trying to do a horse riding impression in the first picture, more trying to stop the car rolling away!

For everyones information, I'm not trying to do a horse riding impression in the first picture, more trying to stop the car rolling away!

haha, was wondering what was going on, thought you were trying to jack it up on a jack that needs your entire weight tbh

More F7P without oil cooling track failure lols??

Compression was down on 2cyl before the day began, lol. It would not hold idle on cold start for around 30 secs...then would struggle too. Used to smoke like anything (had a fresh cyl head on it), lol.

Think it ran low on oil, temp shot up and there it went....good riddance I guess lol.

ValverInBits
mine made a lovely noise when it ran low on oil. fine on tickover. Little rev RAT-TAT-TAT-TAT. Nice.

F4R next surely. The conversion is down to a tee now.

LOL aye, just like the manifold that fell off 3 times, with the latter being halfway round a sighting lap :clown:

Mk1 F4R
Thanks for those wounderful pics jord ;)

Anyway here are a few pics of the car on the renault sport day 17 november 09 oulton park

When it was all going well, was a really good day and met some new faces

My dad with his lean on
large.jpg

large1.jpg

Jams x trying to catch up ;)

large5.jpg

Lots of smoke

large6.jpg

large4.jpg

large2.jpg

large3.jpg

oultonpark.jpg

Down hill from here on, this is when the downpipe fell off on the sighting lap crap design if you ask me

oultonpark2.jpg

On the sighting lap the downpipe fell off from the manifold not a good start, took 20 mins to fix and then out onto the track, good first session. I then let my dad have a go who has neve been out on track before :S, i have my seat pritty far back and because my dad is smaller than me couldnt quite reach the pedals so he cept snatching at the clutch (not good for the gear box mount as it was loos anyway as some of the threads had come out of the box). He spun it once, it was pritty wet to be fair and that is when the mount came off completely and the engine was then sat on the subframe nothing i could do so it stayed like that for the track day.

Also one of the centre section bolts came out, that was then fixed
had to move the drivers seat coz my dad is shorter than me lol
Then at about 3 it was game over bottom end went

I think its time for the F4R conversion
Bring on the hard work :D

Mk1 F4R
Pound signs are flashing.... I have plenty of useful bits sat in my garage if you went the F4 route ;)

Wot you got mate

Ive offered him my pre-made loom and emulated ECU already too LOL ;)

Ill have it off you and take 30 off as you owe it me lol

Riggy. Adam does things properly... :sleepy:

come on it was ok at first

LOL aye, just like the manifold that fell off 3 times, with the latter being halfway round a sighting lap :clown:

True so emmberising :eek:

Ill have it off you and take 30 off as you owe it me lol

Il send you the bill for the amount of times you've lent my jack (you could have bought 10 jacks by now if I charged £10 a time LOL) ;)

Oh and the bill for the cylinder head I gave you ;)

I'll just to do a Dorkins and not give it you for 8 years.

Mk1 F4R
Il send you the bill for the amount of times you've lent my jack (you could have bought 10 jacks by now if I charged £10 a time LOL) ;)

Oh and the bill for the cylinder head I gave you ;)

I'll just to do a Dorkins and not give it you for 8 years.

Plz dont do a dorkins coz i need the money lol im sur there will be money coming your way for parts ;)