ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naples MK1 Track car project

Chav Rocket
lol i was in jonnys 182 on the sighting lap and we were like wtf how has someone broken down already lol. but true the design is a bit w**k!

Mk1 F4R
I should really of cheked it before i went out but was sorting oil and tyres. when it happend i thought it was someting more serious than it was, o well its made my mind up what i want to do now :D F4R

Mk1 F4R
Few new items turned up today but i really wanted them to come before oulton park but o well cant use them yet anyway lol :rasp:

Fk konigsport coilovers
£490 FROM VENOM Motorsport

IMG_0685.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0680.jpg

Adjustable damping front and rear

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

Cant wait to get the car back on the oad and try these bad boys out :D

well we could put the coilies on mine for now while your not using them if you want? haha

look sweet them, gelous.

Track valver + Ibiza FR
You cant put an F4R in!!! Who will I play with on track now? I bet I'll still be able to keep up with you on track anyway, you and you driving 'skills' lol.

clio 1.8 16v, civic vti
I sat in a real viper at the london motor show about 10 years ago, and was most dissapointed that i looked out of it over the top of the windscreen, i really wanted one up till that point lol:(

Mk1 F4R
Little update on some new items i have purchased over the weekend. It all started off by me taking f0xy upto 480bhp house to collect his seats, so i thought id take some money just incase i see any thing i like for sale, good job i did as i needed a new calliper as some of you know wot happend to the last one :(, Bought two referbed ones at a good price, also he was selling some new rear brake pads
PF97's and some used front PF97's that have coverd about 4k not much at all, he also threw in some front disks not to sure wot they are so if any one know that would be a big help and a bottle of super blue racing brake fluid also for a great price. Didnt think i would be spending any money lol i was wrong
Thanks to 480bhp for the items

Picture007.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture010.jpg

If anyone is interested i have a pair of standard 172 disks for sale and a passanger side 172 caliper

Mk1 F4R
My bad thought it was the other way round for some reason , drivers side being nearside nevermind i know now

I have for sale a nearside/passanger side 172 caliper

Mk1 F4R
Decided to go down the 172 route like a few others have on here and after driving f0xy mk1 clio at cadwell and brands hatch i think it will be well worth it, Like the other night we went past an old ish chav in his nova and was beat all 3 times and he still couldnt belive it and was still coming back for more, idiot

Really need to do an update so ill be doing one tomorrow got quite abit done but still alot more to do :banghead: lol

Mk1 F4R
update on the engine conversion

Late last week i thought id pull my finger out and get some work done on the car.
I had to drive the car in to the garrage forward as the the exhaust was to low to let me drive it in backwards as it was scrapping on the floor (the garrage is at the top of an incline). Decided the best way to get the exhaust of would be to take it outside and put it up on axel stands, bit riggy i know but mehh it worked

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

once the center section and back box was off it was then time to take off the bonnet then i cold get to the manifold and downpipe

Picture024.jpg

5 min job and the mani was straight off, next was the front bumper that took abit longer as it was stuck on one side, got annoyed with it and ripped it off, was a rusty screw

Picture027.jpg

The car got lowered and then the front wings came off, it was rolled back into the garrage and put on axel stands for the main work to begin

Picture037.jpg

Look at how low the engine was sitting because the threads were stripped out of the gear box that holds it to the mount

Picture053.jpg

Picture065.jpg

Was taking the air box off and came across the problem of the engine being sat to low on one side, decided to get more room by taking the gearbox mount off

Picture072.jpg

started to take the gear box mount off and then came across these

Picture074.jpg

and this not good :dead:

Picture118.jpg

Picture120.jpg

not to worry the box is being scrapped, wasnt a valver one, we think it was a 1.4 box

mount off

Picture080.jpg

Air box off, then noticed some liquid coming out of the throttle body, smelt like petrol

Picture082.jpg

Picture081.jpg

next out was the powersteering pipes and bottle not needed anymore as im running manual when i put on the 172 widetrack. Drained the fluid into a bucket

Picture090.jpg

next job was the subframe, didnt realise they were that heavy

Picture042.jpg

upper slam panel off

Picture098.jpg

now it was time to drain the coolant, verry nice colour as it has power steering in it too

Picture101.jpg

rad off

Picture105.jpg

more to come

Mk1 F4R
Next out was the drive shafts, thought they might of been stuck in but they came out pritty easy

Picture126.jpg

Picture131.jpg

wires needed to be removed so i could start to take the engine appart, wot a bodge it was from the last owner, thank god its going

Picture135.jpg

once the wires were out i could take the rocker cover off the engien

Picture142.jpg

had to drop the engine out the bottom as i dont have an engine crane

Picture144.jpg

Picture147.jpg

once the engine was out decided to take it appart as the bottom end had gone (at oulton park) so that could go straight to the scrapper
here was our way of getting the cambelt/auxiliary belt off :rasp: tree cutters ftw

Picture148.jpg

Picture149.jpg

broke into bits

Picture159.jpg

Picture151.jpg

as you can see i dont have much room to work, the bottom end has now gone to the scrapp yard and it has all been cleaned out so i now have more room to work

Picture167.jpg

Mk1 F4R
Yesterdays efforts

Every thing moved out of the garrage so i could move the car forwards so i could jetwash the engine bay.

Picture202.jpg

we started to move the car forward with the jack under the slam pannel and jord was pulling quite hard with the jack and i had my legs over the jack pulling the car with the slam pannel, dunno wot happend next but the jack came from under it and the slam pannel, the car came down on my legs, i tryed as hard as i could to pull up and that just hurt my hands even more and was crushing my legs till the floor of the car stopped it,thank god, i was rolling round on the floor in pain and jord was rolling round on the floor wetting him self in laughter :dapprove:
O well finaly got the car on axel stands and started to jetwash the engine bay

Picture203.jpg

Picture208.jpg

once we had finished jeting the engine bay was the struggle of getting the car back in to the garrage

Picture210.jpg

engine bay looking nice and clean

Picture211.jpg

Picture212.jpg

done a little sanding down and getting rid of the rust

Picture215.jpg

Picture217.jpg

few new bits on the way and a lot more work yet still to be done

Mk1 F4R
Just placed my order for a new steering wheel and AST solid topmounts hopefully get them before crimbo, not that ill be able to fit them yet :)

Picked up a 172 head the other day from Ryan k, need to take the valves out and then it can be sent off to be skimmed

320d
Looking good mate. Will be good when its finished. Certainly a better tool for undertaking on the motorway than that focus ;)

Mk1 F4R
I know lol i was at full throttle and going no were, its only a 1.4 wot you expect ;)
Ill have you next time

It was funny coz you didnt know it was us at first :S, then it clicked when f0xy was waving at you :rasp: and i then sped off in the focus beast

Hopefully it will be done for february at a big push, lots of thing to get and to be done

Mk1 F4R
Just got some video editing softwere sony vegas pro 8.0
Was'nt really sure how to use so this is wot i came up with

[YOUTUBE]i0z7iWODAGA[/YOUTUBE]

Its not the song i chose but it will do as i have tried to get it right twice but o well, it was Linkin park:papercut

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
looking good mate, makes me think i should pull my finger out do some work on mine.

Mk1 F4R
Got a little more done on the car today

Started off with going into town toget some things
anti rust with a primer
sanding disks for grinder
paint brushes
took me 45 minutes to get into town and its only 1 mile away, i should of walked would of been much quiker

Sanded down the near side inner wing and then gave it a good going over with some anti rust with built in primer, looks far better than it did.
Ill be doing the other side tommorow then going over the engine bay d-rusting, once its all dry ill be going over it in black hammerite

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1604.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg