ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Naples MK1 Track car project

Mk1 F4R
Whereabouts In GTr Manc are ya Adam?

Leigh/pennington mate, were abouts you from and wots your car like

In Leigh lol

And wot wrong with that, cant help were i live lol

Oh also, forgot iirc that beam has been lowered 35mm, it was pretty low on JOCK. :)

Its all been stripped down sanded and painted and the torsion bars arnt in at the moment as im trying to get the snapped off screw out ;) should be ok, not to sure wot hight im having it yet

BG 182cup
nowt wrong with leigh, not like murder capital across the lancs! lol

sorry for spammin but:

moto_0092.jpg

...just takin the clio to bits you'll have to drop round !

Mk1 F4R
looks good chap nice read! should be cracking once finished.

Cheers mate

Sorry about that :(

No worries mate should be fine

nowt wrong with leigh, not like murder capital across the lancs! lol
...just takin the clio to bits you'll have to drop round !

come on, its not that bad lol
were abots in leigh you from, wots the plan with the clio
The megan does it have the number 46 in the back window

Mk1 F4R
Little more done on the car

Finally got round to buying the 1.2 fuel filler to get rid of the valver auxiliary tank, you can see the size difference in the pic

IMG_3893.jpg

From this

IMG_3851.jpg

To this ..
Now fitted on the car, had to get a few clips and block one of the breather holes up and all was fine, fitted first time

IMG_3988.jpg

The plates that i had made have now been stuck down, the reason for me doing this was the old ones had bits missing and just kept falling out of place

IMG_3985.jpg

once the plates had dried got abit giddy with the anti rust/primer paint doing the seams and seat bars

IMG_3993.jpg

Ive had some gear lever bushes bought some time ago but never got round to fitting them so whilst the car is up on axel stands i thought id change them 5 min job

IMG_3975.jpg

IMG_3976.jpg

As you can see they are faded and squashed, the new ones were put in with loads of copper grease, will see if this makes any difference.
The whole thing then fitted back onto the car

IMG_3977.jpg

Started on refurbin the oz f1's

IMG_3994.jpg

More later

Mk1 F4R
Picked up some new rear discs the other day, not to sure wot make they are as i got them off some one on her that bought them and the abs ring didnt fit so got them on the cheep, as in not running abs this want a problem for me, verry happy for the price :D

IMG_4020.jpg

Painted the calipers and carriers in white (wounder wot colour they will be soon)hope this was the right colour to pick, but its different not seen anyone else do them white so ill stick with it for a while

IMG_4022.jpg

Both pads were then fitted into the carriers, the rear pads i will be running are PF97's (same as the front ones)
Verry good pads im told

IMG_4023.jpg

The lot then got fitted to the car new discs, new pads and calipers looks cool imo

IMG_4024.jpg

Offside

IMG_4027.jpg

Nearside

IMG_4030.jpg

Then got a little board and fitted some wheels to see wot they would look like under the wheels
Williams wheels

IMG_4031.jpg

172 oz f1s still need painting white

IMG_4044.jpg

Bought two new rear badges from whiteley, renault and clio both are now sprayed in white and fitted

IMG_4013.jpg

also sprayed a new front badge as the other one had finger marks and dirt on it not good

IMG_4018.jpg

more later

Mk1 F4R
Bit more of an update
The bolts from renault finally arrived on monday for the rocker cover, nearly fainted when they told me the price for 24 bolts.. £44 :mad: and 2 of them are the wrong size and my luck they are the ones from france so got to sort that out quick.
I gave the job of unwraping them to riggers lol

IMG_4229.jpg

24 expensive bolts

IMG_4232.jpg

This ment i could get crackng with building the engine up, pulled the engine out of the garrage for abit more space to work on it. Gasket sealent on, lifters and tappets into place, cams in and rocker cover down, then bolted into place

IMG_4221.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

This is when i found out the 2 bolts were wrong as you can see from the pic, the bolts were the medium size ones so i moved them for the smaller ones till i can get 2 more small bolts

IMG_4241.jpg

Few shots of the engine
As you can see ive fitted the lower inlet, fuel rail, injectors, breather plate, fuel rail guard and a new thermostat. A lot more to do on it yet and a few more bolts to get also

IMG_4242.jpg

IMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4243.jpg

If anyone has any spare engine bolts could you let me know asap please
2 small rocker cover bolts
1 lower inlet bolt, top left
4 throttle body bolts
3 tensioner idle pully bolts

182 trackday racer
Not a good idea to have paint on the area where the rocker cover bolts will apply pressure. Very good idea to mask them before painting.

Mk1 F4R
Not a good idea to have paint on the area where the rocker cover bolts will apply pressure. Very good idea to mask them before painting.

Yep true i was told about it but forgot to scrape the paint off as id put the gasket sealent on and needed to put the rocker cover on. Will it be ok if i take them out 1 by 1 and scrape it off and then refit and tighten them back up?

182 trackday racer
Yep true i was told about it but forgot to scrape the paint off as id put the gasket sealent on and needed to put the rocker cover on. Will it be ok if i take them out 1 by 1 and scrape it off and then refit and tighten them back up?

Its hard to tell what it will do to the sealant. From what I understand torque sequence is very important to eliminate strange loads in the rocker cover. So honestly I dont dare to tell you it will be ok.

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
looking good mate really like the white. i see you managed to get the bottom pulley off.

Mk1 F4R
looking good mate really like the white. i see you managed to get the bottom pulley off.

cheers , the one you are onabout was the easy one to get off its the cambelt one that wont come off :mad: Tried to heat it up before but still no luck so hopefully it will be ok

Good progress mate, be done before Jord at this rate! :)

Lol dont think so mate, still need more bolts and a lot more stuff yet also the rear breaks are all messed up now so think im going to run all new lines with new bias valve

getting there!
Fking ball ache about them 2 bolts tho when you tried them the other night!!

Tell me about it you would of thought with them being from renault they would of been the right ones :clown: got to ring them up to see wot they say

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
Tell me about it you would of thought with them being from renault they would of been the right ones :clown: got to ring them up to see wot they say

they are proper tards some time. i feel you pain they just bent me over again today for random bolts. all ones that were surpose/expect to be there.

any way mate it is looking really good. shouldn't be long till its all done.

both ours might be done for the same time

Mk1 F4R
Went round the other house to do abit more on the car
As the rear break lights and speaker wires run all different ways round the back of the car ive unwraped it all and taken out what i dont need boot light ,speakers and stuff for the boot wiring. Now its all cut down ive drilled a hole behind the drivers rear light to put the wires through, they will then be running behind the bumper and then up into the passanger side rear light, the wires running to the passanger rear light have been extended about 12" so they will reach, its all now in conduit and in place lets hope it still works fine.

As ive taken the rear calipers off i also took of the lines that go to the rear beam (these ones came off fine) who ever had the car before me has changed most of the rear break lines and made there own out of the copper pipes kits you can get and its not a verry good job they have done, had the blow tourch on the bolts that go into the bias valve block just above the rear beam and none of them will move the only thing that did move was the bracket holding everything up, so im now thinking of re-doing the whole car 2 lines to the front calipers and 2 lines into one and then run through the car and putting a manual bias valve nr the hand break that will be to hand, then spit at the back to run off to the rear calipers with braided hoses on the beam still. Hope this works out ok and isnt to much cost wise. Just need to get a flaring tool, ohh wot fun this car is turning out to be problrm after problem hopefully itll run out of problems soon :(

Mk1 F4R
they are proper tards some time. i feel you pain they just bent me over again today for random bolts. all ones that were surpose/expect to be there.

Got a few more things to get to finish off the engine and then i can get the gear box and stuff on and then drop it in, hopefully soon
Cant wait till its done but then....... MOT, TAX and insurance :S

Mk1 F4R
172 Fuel lines are now on another job off the list

Few parts acquired on sat to sort out the new brake lines as the old ones were all a mess and the rear bias valve was rusted and seemed to not be working very well, so ive decided to rip it all out and start a fresh
This is how its going to look

IMG_4318.jpg

The new parts got the lot for £36 from the local car shop not bad as the flaring tool alone on machinemart is £25

IMG_4299.jpg

More later as im going to go and make a start on it

Mk1 F4R
Done a little on the brake lines lastnight. As im running a single line throught the car ive run 2 lines into 1 using a t-piece, thing is i forgot to put the line on the farleft nr the wheel arch in the back hole so both are in the front 2 of the master cylinder, they used to be diagonal front right and rear left looking at it. Do people think this will be a problem or should i put it in the right hole, shouldnt be a problem to make another one up Done a little on the brake lines lastnight. As im running a single line throught the car ive run 2 lines into 1 using a t-piece, thing is i forgot to put the line on the farleft nr the wheel arch in the back hole so both are in the front 2 of the master cylinder, they used to be diagonal front right and rear left looking at it. Do people think this will be a problem or should i put it in the right hole, shouldnt be a problem to make another one up

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4324.jpg

Mk1 F4R
Not posted in a while so....

Ive finished off the brake lines on the engine side, ive put the line throught one of the grommets in the bulk head

IMG_4336.jpg

IMG_4335.jpg

The inside view and were its running, im putting the bias valve on the side of the gear lever

IMG_4338.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

Bias valve has now turned up so this will be fitted shortly

IMG_4806-1.jpg

Ive been waiting for the boss to turn up so i could fit my steering wheel, whilst waiting for this to turn up a snap off boss came up on cs so i bought that too as he lives quite close. The boss has now arrived so bothe have been fitted

IMG_4803-1.jpg

IMG_4804-1.jpg

IMG_4811-1.jpg

NOW for the best bit and finally its in, after waiting for so many bolts and other things its all together

Had a little struggle with the garge door and the crane lol as there was only me

IMG_4835.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

IMG_4841.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

Still alot more to do, more later

Mk1 F4R

Wilky i think the race is now on lol :rasp: