ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N64 Nintendo lovers

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
If it's the actual playing of the games you love and not retro chic, then just get an emulator, it's so much easier and infinitely cheaper.

Plus N64 emulation is so un-intensive, you can run emulators on basic modern smartphones and tablets.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still play Mario Kart and Goldeneye on my Brother's. Awesome fun. As was Perfect Dark for Multiplayer.

Can I get emulators on my Xbox360?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think you can emulate on the 360, but you can buy a USB remote for your PC/Laptop and play it on that with it connected to your TV - or you maybe be able to use your 360 remote, I know Wii remotes work via bluetooth. I used a PS1 emulator on my GalaxyTab to play Crash Bandicoot and Spyro.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
iPads are obviously locked unless Jailbroken?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Yeah still got mine. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Mario Kart were all awesome!

Turbo LY R27
Do people actually pay that money for an N64 bundle? Had one in my loft with about 20 games for years, ka ching lol!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure if mines in the loft, had a few good games. Perfect dark, mario kart, goldeneye to name a few. Spent a good chunk if my childhood playing it.

I'm with Munson though, it is best left in the past, I tried to relive it years ago and thought it sucked and the controller felt horrible.

Evo 5 RS
Proper console. I did have a huge number of games on emulator at one point but lost them. It's not the same as using the real thing though.

Would love to replay Ocarina of Time. I'd agree with Roy on some accounts, but not Golden Eye. Golden Eye multiplayer still holds up today - least in terms of being a giggle.

I replayed one of my old time greats Descent (PC) not long ago, although I was 11 at the time, it just doesn't have the same effect playing it now lol.

Goldeneye is best left in the past. Terrible game by any measure these days.

A few years ago my 360 broke and I bought a N64 from Gamestation as a stop gap for about £20 - I had to turn Goldeneye off as I didn't want to ruin my memories of the game. The controls and reaction time was just awful!

Clio Trophy
i sold all my gear last year, snes , ns4, dreamcast, i love them to bits, but its not the same any more, and i can never remember some of the games being so hard :p

Arctic 182
I bought & sold about 5 in my time, the want for one always comes back! Mario 64 was my favourite by far but also loved Pokemon Stadium, Goldeneye & the cartridge attachment for gameboy Pokemon ;)

I can't remember what game it was but my neighbour put all his n64 stuff on eBay, and this 'rare' game sold for £75 plus postage, mental! I wonder when megadrive stuff will go for big money, I've got a few bits in the loft.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Look at how much US versions of the Virtual boy sell for. The rarest game or one of is Clayfighter rated the lowest at the time it's very hard to find boxed, Surprisingly some gamstations still sell n64 games, I bought golden eye for £1 and sold it on eBay for £20, loads of others fetch good money on there. Mega drives sell well especially if you've got the Mega Cd attachment, robocop vs terminator is a sought after game and sells for well over £50.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I can't remember what game it was but my neighbour put all his n64 stuff on eBay, and this 'rare' game sold for £75 plus postage, mental! I wonder when megadrive stuff will go for big money, I've got a few bits in the loft.

Conkers bad fur day, was pretty much the last game for it and the xbox was out then and didn't sell well, can sell for nearly £100 most times.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
GoldenEye is personally my favourite game of all time. I still think it holds up for fun factor... I got my out at this party a few years ago and it was a right laugh. Mario Kart as well, Rainbow Road all the way!

Petrol Blue 182.
Used to love Nintendo consols. Super smash bro's was wicked! Pokemon stadium was decent too.

clio dci , ren8
Still got my 64 with mario kart ,4 controlers killer instinct golden eye ;) will keep it as it rules , just no rainbow road :S theres nothing like getting home after a night on the p--s and sticking on the 64 :drunk:

ST1050, 320d
My N64 has shat itself for some reason. Audio works but no video. I just tend to use emulators and my ps3 pad, works really well for the most part.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Goldeneye and MarioKart were awesome, back in the day! Used to love having the golden gun LOL!

172 cup
Still got my 64 with mario kart ,4 controlers killer instinct golden eye ;) will keep it as it rules , just no rainbow road :S theres nothing like getting home after a night on the p--s and sticking on the 64 :drunk:

Rainbow roads is last track on mariokart

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I have mine. One game permanently plugged in - Super Smash Bros.

Its on the attic TV though so barely gets used. Its the only game the missus will now play with me. Although she gets mad as she always plays as Jigglypuff or Pikachu.

DK or Link is where its at br0

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
I have mine. One game permanently plugged in - Super Smash Bros.

Its on the attic TV though so barely gets used. Its the only game the missus will now play with me. Although she gets mad as she always plays as Jigglypuff or Pikachu.

DK or Link is where its at br0

Link, Pikachu or Yoshi is where that s**t's at. Dk can f**k off.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Link, Pikachu or Yoshi is where that s**t's at. Dk can f**k off.

We are going to have a falling out.

Everyone on low health - floor pound. See you later. Charged up punch - see you later. Over head clap - see you later. Weird chopper through the air thing - see you later.

Yoshi?! Serious? Although mega lolz can be had egging people off the edge of a map.

I love Link though. He's my fave.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Anyone remember Buck Bumble? LOL.

Last edited by a moderator: