ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N0ddie's Fiesta ST

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Epic! Can't beleive you didn't check the brakes yourself before doing a track day though.
Tbh I expected to get a lot longer than 2 2 hour track days and a few thousand miles from a set of pads.
Only been on the car 6 months.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Laps look good!

Can you stick a pic up of how you have your camera mounted on your helmet please?

I've tried with a couple of mounting options but never got anything that worked anywhere near as good as yours.

Quite surprised about the brakes...I'm on 27k miles now and still have a good few mm of standard pad material all round!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Laps look good!
Can you stick a pic up of how you have your camera mounted on your helmet please?
I've tried with a couple of mounting options but never got anything that worked anywhere near as good as yours.
Quite surprised about the brakes...I'm on 27k miles now and still have a good few mm of standard pad material all round!
I'll get a pic for you tonight.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So yeah. Wasn't much left on the pads:
14990273253_f08734b20b_b.jpg

Went with the alternative option of the Pagid RS29 pads. A little more aggressive but we'll see how they go.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Total mileage was about 11k. That includes 2 short track morning/afternoon events also.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Yup. Very secure. Though one must be careful when checking ones blind spot as you tend to hit the drivers door window with the camera.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
That's very low mileage for a set of pads. Are you a heavy braker on the road? i haven't worked with the Alcons since the FRP days so can't rememeber pad thickness from new

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I wouldn't say I was hard on them day to day no.
Though on its first track outingI did have the discs glowing orange so may have went "too hard" then?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So I made the long trip down (560 mile round trip) to Finsport headquarters (Jay's workshop) to have the Meister R coilovers fitted. Also made the decision to change from our open cone air filter to Finsport's new enclosed setup. Why? Primarily because noise of open cone being a bit too in your face but secondly because I found the engine bay gets very dirty very quickly and I was finding quite some dirt build up on the open cone filter.

Opinion on the FS airbox? It is very similar to the Mountune box however with a few subtle changes which do make it better, in my opinion of course. Sound is not totally gone, however it is now at a suitably subtle volume which is nice.

As you'd expect, with the weather being so bad right now its impossible to put the coilovers to the test. Though I would say the drive back up the road was more comfortable/less crashy that the standard setup journey down. I left them on full soft after the car was corner weighted (Nigh on perfect after some fettling) so will now adjust them to my liking over the next couple of months. Their first proper test will be Knockhill on 28th March.

As I said earlier, I wasn't gonna go much lower than standard but I feel she now sits a little more aggressively. Ended up with -1.5 degrees negative camber which on my old Clio 200 made a massive difference to handling so my hopes are high for the Fiesta.

A pic after washing her this morning:

16232026969_0fc65875d4_b.jpg

My arch gap front to rear is perfect. From now to old setup its about a 15mm drop. So next will be Spec-R stuff (Intercooler and hard-pipe kit) fitting then enjoy her for how she is.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So the last couple of days have seen the little FiST treated to some goodies. Yesterday was top up the coolant (Its forever sat at the minimum line) and change the engine oil (Another 5000 miles before the 3rd service is due). Cleaned her up good though after this morning drive to Sitech its grey/brown again.

Anyhoo! My Spec-R intercooler and hard pipe kit arrived at Sitech yesterday so I went this morning to get it all fitted. A couple of hours and some dyno rums later we have some figures:

16524972711_6c05ca40cf_b.jpg

An increase in 5bhp over the last dyno run. We worked that wheel power figure translates to 246 engine horsepowers. Si thinks going back to the open cone induction will give a tiny bit more (Which I'll be swapping back to in the spring when the roads aren't all salty and I'll keep the Finsport box for winter running). We also worked out that the Spec-R stuff is 30% more efficient than the Mountune cooler we ran before so the zillions of money forked out for the Spec-R stuff was worth it.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't realise this had as much done to it when you had mentioned track times mate, Looks great and if very similar spec to how i would probably have one. Im really looking forward to my brother getting his now, Might try get him up to KH in it, See how much quicker it is that my old ZS which would do high 60s laps IIRC

Awesome stuff. Spec R bits are pricey but seem to be worth the money when it comes to performance.

Anybody managed to beat Simon's power figure from his old one yet?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Awesome stuff. Spec R bits are pricey but seem to be worth the money when it comes to performance.

Anybody managed to beat Simon's power figure from his old one yet?

Not yet. He's still go the Fiesta as well as the GTR.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I reckon with slightly more focussed tyres (AD08Rs) and brake pads with actual brake material on them I should be able to achieve 62 second lap time.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Didn't realise this had as much done to it when you had mentioned track times mate, Looks great and if very similar spec to how i would probably have one. Im really looking forward to my brother getting his now, Might try get him up to KH in it, See how much quicker it is that my old ZS which would do high 60s laps IIRC

I reckon with slightly more focussed tyres (AD08Rs) and brake pads with actual brake material on them I should be able to achieve 62 second lap time.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Didn't happen unfortunately.

He did tell me the reason but can't remember the details.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So I had the little FiST up at Knockhill on Saturday. Was hoping it would be dry so I could put the new suspension/tyres to the test (In the hope for better lap times) however the big man upstairs didn't help out. It was wild. Lashing rain and howling gales. The first trackway I've not really enjoyed. Ended up leaving after 2 hours because it was that bad.

So! No GoPro videos however there was a photographer there so I've got some awesome track shots:

16812822569_b06c6e355f_b.jpg

16378897133_85151d0711_b.jpg

16812881009_3fcaa83ae2_b.jpg

16997725072_b0bf631d45_b.jpg

16811645370_7a1eaa38fc_b.jpg

16999097035_a25db2b3f0_b.jpg

16378971693_7a1a789c6b_b.jpg

16812857269_098a839283_b.jpg

16997798442_3ed96e6670_b.jpg

16791796407_dabb98836b_b.jpg

16999160515_e0cd4e3e55_b.jpg

16997922712_244645c7f3_b.jpg

16997882812_c941a105bb_b.jpg

16813068539_ffe7e4dd1f_b.jpg

16379156533_82f535bf0e_b.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning pictures, the red calipers and black wheels work great with the SB paintwork. My cousin pics his Red ST2 up in 3 weeks. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
At 3 corners in particular yes. Clarkes (The right after the chicane) being the worst.

Wasn't driving anywhere near the limit so was easily manageable.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I love mine in the wet, it's all over the place but in a way that makes you ultra comfortable with it moving about.

Not had it on a wet track yet though...must have been really bad for you to sack it off after 2hrs!

Disappointed no glowing brakes discs ;)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I love mine in the wet, it's all over the place but in a way that makes you ultra comfortable with it moving about.

Not had it on a wet track yet though...must have been really bad for you to sack it off after 2hrs!

Disappointed no glowing brakes discs :wink:
Lol. Don't think I'll get them to glow going the right way around. The big stop into the hairpin (Down hill) in reverse is the only "big stop". Not only that, I don't think I'd push that hard again knowing how easily the discs heat up and warp.

Fiesta ST mk7
Wheels arrived today. They look better than I thought they'd be.

Tried them on to make sure they fitted with no issues:

14068048925_78ca52339f_b.jpg

Unfortunately not gonna be able to get them fitted until next week but at least they fit (JUST) without spacers.

Hi N0ddie,
I'm new in this forum.
What measures have that wheels (ET,..)?
Do you have problem to Mount with mountune big brakes?

Thank's
Sorry for my english :smiley:

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s in 17x7 ET38.

Small update since thread has received a 8 month bump. Since the trackday at the end of March its been pretty neglected. In June is set about getting my bike license so all funds went towards that. Has been washed once since March :blush:

Zee bike:

22181299431_99019207e0_b.jpg

Needed some rear brake discs and calipers last month and at the same time got new fluid and front pads. This is where things went down hill. The guys couldn't get the old pads out of both front calipers. Turns out that in the calipers are destroyed. Pistons corroded to fudge and caliper bodies corroded to buggery. The garage recommend that they be changed right away, so had them put the standard setup back on. Am currently in correspondence (Customer service is worse than 3s) with Mountune to see what (If anything) they'll do about them. Though I'm not holding out much hope. Don't forsee any trackdays this year so not looking at any other big brake options.

Car is due its 1st MOT this year so I've been pondering about replacing my decat with a sports cat. Took the opportunity to pickup Mountune's sports cat + cat back exhaust system in their 12 days of christmas sale. Both are sitting in the garage awaiting fitting on the 15th of January. The Scorpion exhaust and decat will be stuck on eBay.

Next blow is on the suspension front. The coilovers haven't aged well. Ride is now solid or too soft regardless of which settings I use so they are coming off and the standard setup is going back on.

Thats basically where its at at the mo. If a set of OEM wheels (With decent tyres) come up on eBay I'll see if I can acquire them as my TDs need refurbished (Baked on brake dust). Also pondering over the Peron V1 hybrid turbo package which takes power up to 280bhp but since I'm not tracking the car this year I'm not sure I can justify it.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I have a set of standard wheels In grey I might sell .
Bad news about the brakes and the suspension, Ive just fitted a K-sport kit to mine yesterday but will keep the standard set up as a back up I think. Did you just run the standard rear brakes, Im looking for a St170 rear set up to fit.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I just run the standard rears yes. They lasted well and are very cheap to replace.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Will look them out from memory I think one has a some kerning but all the tyres are good, and they are straight. Im hoping to pick up some 16's for track this week so will let you know soon.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
That's poo news Martin! Good about your bike though, miss my riding days.

Regarding the brakes, I mentioned it when you first bought them that Alcons previously were basically race spec and as such don't have road seals/boots fitted. It's looking like that this is the case, can't believe Mountune wouldn't explain that they need fairly regular maintenance. See what they come back with I suppose.

Also I have the the Meister R's for a while and they have been fine?! I'm sure they or Finsport could help you out. Will probably need rebuilding mind. f**k stix and a Happy New year!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Yeah that is the issue with the brakes. No protection on the internals. You live and learn I suppose. As for the coilies my heart is set on removing them tbh.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Do your Meister r have the sleeves on them?
I updated the springs on mine back this time last year & added the sleeves to protect the damper & springs from road crap.
Different car but made a huge difference.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
So I had the new Mountune exhaust, sports cat and OEM suspension put back on this weekend. Didn't turn out as straightforward a job as the garage had hoped. Couple of issues:

1. Couldn't get the de-cat and rear section separated on the Scorpion exhaust.
2. Theres 1 tricky bolt on the downpipes thats notoriously difficult. Turn out very difficult.
3. The sensor in the downpipe was cross-threaded upon installation and wouldn't come out, so had to fork out for a new one.

Picked the car up around an hour ago and am pleased its done. Exhaust tone is noticeably different (Though not drove it hard for fear of putting the Scorpion system through the passenger side window on the way home). Same goes for performance difference.

So nice to be back on the OEM suspension also.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The ST is no more. As a result of no longer enjoying it as much as I used to (Didn't enjoy the last track day or highlands road trip) I started to pine after something else. Took a long time to find a good one that had been cared for (The good ones sold fast) and matched what we wanted.

So here it is. The ST's replacement:

24978941220_957f1262eb_b.jpg

God I love these cars :hearteyes:

As Mark has said in his thread, any more than MP215 is a waste. You can't use any more than that before speeds get illegal. The fun and enjoyment was lost.

I do miss the heated seats though lol.