ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nürburgring 2017 via Drone

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Sure I saw on BTG that it's 100% banned!?

Awesome vid though!

Suzuki Jimny
I'm going to go ahead and assume you have the license and permission from the Nurburgring management...

DV8

Clio 182, Civic EK9
Cheers guys, lets just say I won't be flying my drone near the track next time I go to the ring (consider it lesson learned).

The drone has built in no fly zones (normally very accurate) which I was relying on - it shouldn't let you take off or fly into one of those zones (normally around military bases and airports). I tried to where possible not fly directly over the track (unless crossing over) unless the track was shut/closed.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Was it a NFZ? I use the NATs app, but not sure if it works in the EU.
If you've got Insurance and followed the rules, should have been ok. Guessing not?
Out of sight? above 100m?

edit - rule changed in April, pretty strict over there now....

Renault 5 GT Turbo
Great looking video, just got back from there on Monday after several years away from the Nurburgring... But after seeing your video I want to go back :(

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Who cares
less rules and more guidelines
who's going to stop you going over there, the drone police
etc etc etc

IIRC.
p.s. nice video but naughty naughty!

Love the video, good framing and it gives a great sense of perspective in terms of how it relates to the area around it. Is that a normal road it goes over at one point?

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
That’s epic.

They should approach you for the footage as advertisement. Awesome timing with the merc around the karussell and getting the viper in too.