ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My wife infuriates me so much

Golf GT & A4 Avant
We've recently bought a new 08 Focus after selling my Clio which my wife drives, and I've got her old beaten up Golf as I do a lot of miles for work. I go out to the car tonight to see a muddy gritty smudge running full length across the tops of both drivers side doors.

I ask her what has happened and she denies any knowledge, only to eventually give in a explain that the in-laws dog had jumped up and left muddy paw prints across it. So she has tried to wipe it off with her hand thinking it would dry clean and I wouldn't notice, only to rub the mud and grit into the panels and spread it about

I've just washed it off to find the whole area scratched beyond belief, some appear to have gone through the clear coat. We've not owned the car 2 months yet and already it's in a worse condition than my Clio was when I sold it at 6years old. She knows how much I take pride in having a nice looking car and she couldn't care less.

I've just threatened to sell the Focus and buy her a box of sh1t that she can park in a bush if she carries on :nono: She's now not talking to me.

Rant over

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's a good thing she's not talking. Always better that way.

Get her a small car that's Silver. Jobs a good.

172 cup
women! almost as bad as throwing the keys on the roof as they rumage for something in there handbag!!

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
As above my missis is as particular with my car as she is her own! I'm very very lucky. If ANYONE however did that to my car I would go f**king mental!!!

Not a 320d
Dont get me f**king started. My last GF had a 3 series bmw (Only 17 lol) and the state that that came out in. OMFG. Scratches everywhere and dings. Never knew anything about them.

Now she has an X5 (4.8l 2007 model) at 18 and thats no different. The gates closed on the rear doors, and some fucker scraped her front bumper which her dad was a respray job. I wetsanded the c***s out and its back to normal again but its so frustrating.

I never bothered maintaining it that well as a result, all it ever got was company car standard washes, as in a proper technique and a spray down with something like megs 135 although in summer i sometimes gave it a coat of wax in the hope shed appreciate it.

focus st3
Brillo pad her uggs,set fire to her handbag and thats coming from a women!.Nobody touches my clio other than my other half and i work in the car industry.Feel for the op :(

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I'm doing between 70 and 90miles a day so the Clio had to go. Her old Golf that I use is silver and full of scratches and dings so I'm going to use it to practice on.

Told her I was having the car today so I could clean and look at it properly this afternoon, 'it's only a car! the dogs are in and out every day so why worry' was the reply. She's still not talking to me

Some just don't understand what a car means to a man.

How would they like it if I pissed in their foundation make up?

Luckily my misses is into cars and has just got a job restoring retro mini's.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
My OH is fairly well trained in that she will shut the door hand in sleeve to avoid finger prints.
Luckily she doesn't drive it though.

Gutted about the focus.

Clio 172 & others!
I know the feeling. Bought the Mrs a golf gti which was immaculate, but had bumper and bonnet damage........ Fixed it up, looking mint, a car I was proud to drive..... with rs4 alloys and lowered nicely. Repaid with front bumper scraped in 3 days, back bumper scraped in a month and all alloys kerbed. Close to taking it off her and fixing it again and selling it. Women do not understand. I've got to the stage where I've drawn the line and said to myself, that's her car and I don't care and my car is MINE, she never drives it.

My OH is fairly well trained in that she will shut the door hand in sleeve to avoid finger prints.
Luckily she doesn't drive it though.

Gutted about the focus.

Same, luckily with the 106 it has black strips so there's no need to touch the paint unlike you do on the Clio.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I drive on and around building sites everyday, and my wife has to go to the stables twice a day so I expect the cars to be filthy. Hence why I like them protected and are washed every 1 - 2 weeks. when she blatantly has no care for the car I can't do much about that so I :headno:

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Other way around for me, the mrs cares about how the cars look and keeping them clean etc but personally I couldnt give a f**k about that side of it really providing they go ok round a track!

Titanium 182
I'm honestly surprised some of you have partners. If I asked my girlfriend to close the door using a hanky or to dust off the mats after she'd put her feet on them I'd be forever alone.

Untitled-1.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Luckily for me my gf actually enjoys washing her car and keeping it clean so she doesn't think im a freak for doing the same!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
The other halfs cats sit on the bonnet or roam all over the roof.... Annoying!!

Also, she's banging on about going halves each to buy a 'decent' motor(spend about 7k). What's then fair in the deal that she'll get to drive it everyday to only leave it in a train station car park, and i'm supposed to drive an old $hitter of a car to work?.. I'll probably have to ask to 'borrow' it on the weekends. No doubt i'll have to wash it, everytime i come to use there'll be no petrol in it, and it'll be full of car park dings!

WTF! You're ok, i'm quite happy having my own car thank you, it's worked well for me for years and happy to keep it that way

sport 172
my g/f burnt hole in my cupra r 225 witch cost 10 grand.then brought a ibiza then she opened door onto walland now my clio she opens door without holding handle.now she gets taxi every were.

CLIO 182
I hate people that have no care for cars. Went on a date with a girl, who leant on my car in her jeans. Told her to get off it, needless to say I never seen her again! :p

mk2 Pre f/l - Keeks
The better half is convinced im cheating on her with my car. 'you spend so long out there washing her and tinkering away, I swear your really just hiding under the car and having a go with any hole you can find' And every time we go to the metro center, I like to give the car a quick wipe down, make sure that I'm showing up the people around, All that earns me is a slap and a 'carry on humping the exhaust, Ill be in Costa'
Atleast with the ex she'd wap her bikini on while she was washing it! needless to say, it took me ages to get hand prints off the bonnet ;)