ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My wee pearl black 1.2

Well we got it done! Seen that it was plastic welded in and that stumped us a bit but we then decided to unfold the material that was tucked under the edges. Measured up, masked the door card, sprays with glue, place on, flatten down (not easy due to the weird shape), trim and tuck under again. So it worked :D

not the best piece of work ever but at better than green with black stains. Also only had enough material for the passenger side.
Ill get the pictures on in a few mins!

Well we got it done! Seen that it was plastic welded in and that stumped us a bit but we then decided to unfold the material that was tucked under the edges. Measured up, masked the door card, sprays with glue, place on, flatten down (not easy due to the weird shape), trim and tuck under again. So it worked :D not the best piece of work ever but at better than green with black stains. Also only had enough material for the passenger side. Ill get the pictures on in a few mins!

I wish I had money so I could enlist you to do my ph1!

Sorry for the delay on these!

Here we go! Not amazing but i like it :) Far better than green!

Now, bear in mind, we are not experts in the slightest, its more or less an experiment and a money saving technique.

P1000756_zps9a988594.jpg

P1000757_zpsc5823310.jpg

Still have the door pull to spray in pearl black to match the door handle surround then the doors will be mint!

I wish I had money so I could enlist you to do my ph1!

Saving. Thats what its all about and finding shortcuts like this. Instead of buying a full set, cover your own with a sheet of alcantara. it cost me about £20 to cover the 2 rear door cards, passenger front door card, 2 wing mirror covers and the long bits beside the glass on each side.

1.2 16v Clio
looking really nice!! im wantng to get a 172 for mine but its going to take a while as mine will need to be sprayed (the car is gris boreal).

how much did you find the spacers for?

looking really nice!! im wantng to get a 172 for mine but its going to take a while as mine will need to be sprayed (the car is gris boreal).

how much did you find the spacers for?

Thanks mate :) ohh, that would be expensive. The spacers I got for around £35 from a member off here.

Update!!

Well, ive finally got my door pulls sprayed to match my handles, just some pictures! :)
P1000766_zpscd9f056b.jpg

The drivers side is rough, need that alcantara :(

P1000765_zps1834d0d0.jpg

P1000763_zps78b42f4e.jpg

That last picture is it finished and how i want the drivers side to look too! :D

​Any comments are welcome.

2007 MK3 Clio
This is done sooooooo tastefully. Really good work mate especially on the inside, looks brilliant. All this needs is coilovers and front spacers IMO.

This is done sooooooo tastefully. Really good work mate especially on the inside, looks brilliant. All this needs is coilovers and front spacers IMO.

Springs is all i could afford, 60 front 40 rear i think would be alright.

I try make it the way i like it! :) Still have this driver door card to cover and maybe just one day, the headlining!
I do have a list of stuff i want badly that ill get over the years though!

Small Update

Its been ages since anything i know. Got myself some 25mm spacers en route
New front passenger sport arch liner
dewipered the rear

Once its all tided up ill get some pics up!

​Bit stuck with this broken hand.

Small Update

So I decided to make these spacers and my toe eye ring a bit more...stealthy if youd call it that.

Spent this morning spraying them Matt Black, looks so good already!
May end up respraying front grills and fog surrounds Matt Black to match.

Also have my eye on some Oz F1s for sale near me, hopefully grab them after my holiday :D

Keep an eye for more updates.

Update!!

So as above i said all the things i was planning to do, well here they are done! Also the de-wipered rear is here! Just keeping an eye out for the smooth plate. The rear wiper motor is far heavier than i could ever have expected.
P1000823_zpscacc2ec4.jpg

Now onto the parts i had listed above!!
Sprayed parts-
Spacers-
P1000820_zps0afcdc2e.jpg

Tow Ring-
P1000822_zps57c96232.jpg

Now for the spacers on! If you see post #107, last picture you can see how it sat for months!
1 Spacer on, incredible difference to the stance!
P1000824_zps3183e6c2.jpg

And the 2nd in place, so much tidier!
P1000825_zps4d7b569d.jpg

​Thanks for looking! All comments welcome!

Looks awesome on the spacers mate! Very tidy indeed.

How much did you pay for them amd did you get front and back?

I desperately need to get mine painted up and get some spacers myself!!

Cheers mate! i paid £60 for them, 25mm front, 15mm rear.

Paint makes such a difference to a car, if its done right, looks class!

No problems with them or the bolts? I was thinking of getting those for the front, maybe use a little threadlock to help prevent them from coming loose!

None at all mate, had them a good while now. I should probably check them to be sure though. That could be an idea but not if youre regularly taking it on and off i guess.

Ph 2 dynamique
Cheers mate, you got many plans for your wee car?
Lots of plans just very little time lol Its in some nick at the moment the guy I bought it from used it as his family car and he seemed to have scratched and scraped daily as there is some really bad diy paint work repair.
So im hoping to tidy it all up lower it replace the alloys and try and find a solution to the paint problem so watch this space lol.

Well Kitson, What's the craic here with this?
​Any new developments? :)
None whatsoever :( I was off my broken hand, then on holiday, came back from holiday to see that my brother had blown the passenger side seat aribag, bent wishbone, collapsed shock. Thank god it wasnt a rite off.

Today i replaced the seat and dogbone mount. Need to sort out the airbag and serv light on the dash. And now that im back to work getting things done will be harder. Early mornings will kill me for a couple of weeks until i get a routine going.
Looking for some oz f1s 16" and dont know whether to spray them gloss black or matt black. Going for the stealth look now :D I also need some black repeaters or just spray them with nightshade stuff.

Update! ...ish

No pictures or anything amazing here, just spent a weekend camping with the girlfriend, got home and car was in some state. I've decided to remove both front and rear carpets and give them a massive scrub and power hosing to take out as much dirt and grime as I possibly can. Will probably take before and after pictures to see if it was worth all the hassle.
This will be the carpets first wash in 10 years, hope it pays off!
If it works wonders ill do the headlining too. Or wrap in alcantara.
Make a decision for me :)
Thanks for reading, if you did!