ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My wee pearl black 1.2

Update! ...ish

No pictures or anything amazing here, just spent a weekend camping with the girlfriend, got home and car was in some state. I've decided to remove both front and rear carpets and give them a massive scrub and power hosing to take out as much dirt and grime as I possibly can. Will probably take before and after pictures to see if it was worth all the hassle.
This will be the carpets first wash in 10 years, hope it pays off!
If it works wonders ill do the headlining too. Or wrap in alcantara.
Make a decision for me :)
Thanks for reading, if you did!

Ooooh Man I'd be SUPER interested in this. My carpets are a disgrace, really seriously bad. If you do it, can you maybe photograph it, in detail showing how to get them all out etc? I could seriously do with mine doing, hell, if it's not overly difficult and you fancied a bit of cash, i'd pay you to do it if it's a good job!
The idea of getting the carpet out and getting some remnant from a local carpet palce, and fitting new carpet (not like shagpile although... 70s zebra print) is striking..

Do the headliner in alcantara! I saw a few photos of it done in a vee and it looked properly lush!

Ooooh Man I'd be SUPER interested in this. My carpets are a disgrace, really seriously bad. If you do it, can you maybe photograph it, in detail showing how to get them all out etc? I could seriously do with mine doing, hell, if it's not overly difficult and you fancied a bit of cash, i'd pay you to do it if it's a good job!
The idea of getting the carpet out and getting some remnant from a local carpet palce, and fitting new carpet (not like shagpile although... 70s zebra print) is striking..

Do the headliner in alcantara! I saw a few photos of it done in a vee and it looked properly lush!

Hahaha! Ill wait until you see the images to see if its worthwhile doing. I hope it all pays off.
Removing carpet isn't too difficult, hardest part is undoing the seat bolts under the car. My drivers seat only has 3 in at the min, couldn't get the 4th on.
Maybe a time were both free maybe meet and get her sorted?
Ill make a type of guide thingy but mines a ph2 remember but will most likely be so similar.

My headlining has make up smears all over it and its disgusting to look at it, ill wrap if I have enough alcantara!

Hahaha! Ill wait until you see the images to see if its worthwhile doing. I hope it all pays off.
Removing carpet isn't too difficult, hardest part is undoing the seat bolts under the car. My drivers seat only has 3 in at the min, couldn't get the 4th on.
Maybe a time were both free maybe meet and get her sorted?
Ill make a type of guide thingy but mines a ph2 remember but will most likely be so similar.

My headlining has make up smears all over it and its disgusting to look at it, ill wrap if I have enough alcantara!

I'd have no mission getting my seat bolts out on a gravel slope :(
Yeah man we could definitely meet up some day for a bit of craic.
Should pretty much be the same interior wise. It'd be ideal if i could find myself a ph1 interior for it, put it in at the same time!

Make up? from putting your mascara on while driving? ;)

I'm in desperate want of a makita cordless impact wrench but currently saving for alloys, that impact would make life easy!
Would be good bant, as they say.

My make up? Try previous owners, huge foundation smudge on the roof, the place where you'd climb into the back seat, its horrid to look at.

I'm in desperate want of a makita cordless impact wrench but currently saving for alloys, that impact would make life easy!
Would be good bant, as they say.

My make up? Try previous owners, huge foundation smudge on the roof, the place where you'd climb into the back seat, its horrid to look at.

Have you actually tried using a few makeup removal wipes on it? Ask the missus for some!

I haven't tried that at all, but then comes the case of a clean patch and the rest all dirty :/ its a no win situation. Its just more reason to wrap it in alcantara :)

Hmm this is true, unless you were to scrub the whole thing and i mean, at that stage, really you should just get the alcantara out as you say!
​Did you find more of that stuff on ebay?

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Just read through your build! Looks great! Also got a 1.2 16v - Thinking of the K-Tec Stealth exhaust, But want to hear one for myself!

I did find more, but its for my sunvisors, still yet to do though.
Will need to get it measured up so it fits the whole width of the headlining.

how much does it cost you per Sq metre or whatever? I'm still torn between trying to find a ph1 interior over here/in the mainland for not a fortune+postage, or to go for some ebay buckets and do that instead - never really have many people in the back!

how much does it cost you per Sq metre or whatever? I'm still torn between trying to find a ph1 interior over here/in the mainland for not a fortune+postage, or to go for some ebay buckets and do that instead - never really have many people in the back!
Umm, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head mate. I'd have to go back to my reciepts to find the seller and price.
I'm hunting a ph2 interior for not a fortune, postage is our killer tbh.
I very rarely have people in the back but you'll never know when they come in handy! I'd love to take them out and fit a false floor down.

Update!

Still no pictures, sorry. But I'm just after power hosing the carpets and scribing them with 1001 carpet stuff. Amazing difference! Never got any before images, sorry! But just imagine your car carpet with 10 years of dirt and grime!
​Will deffo get after pictures up, also smells nice now too :')

Update!

Well its been ages since I have posted anything in here! This is something i done all tonight as I was bored.

So, seeing as i transport my tools and tools for another guy i work with my boot just wasn't big enough! So tonight i stripped out the interior, which is surprisingly easy to do! An impact wrench would make the job sooo easy!
Anyway, after i had it srtipped out i took a trip to b&q purchased some MDF and set about making a stronger floor.

I'm no joiner and this is a rough job but its not yet finished! Still have to cover it.
Here's some pics of my progress! Will have more up when I finally get it wrapped.

The interior in the garage! Need to find somewhere to keep it incase i need it for any reasons!
P1010473_zps46066332.jpg

Stripped out rear! :)
P1010475_zpse9a61a86.jpg

The MDF from B&Q
P1010476_zpsa91ba754.jpg

First half of the floor in!
P1010477_zpsba8ed5b3.jpg

Second half of the floor in!
P1010478_zps3c8679b7.jpg

I have used some spray glue to glue on a sheet of carpet under felt to the top side and then have it wrapped just so it looks nice and has a better feel to it!

If anyone can let me know on shops that have material similar to the boot carpet, let me know!

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Update!

Well its been ages since I have posted anything in here! This is something i done all tonight as I was bored.

So, seeing as i transport my tools and tools for another guy i work with my boot just wasn't big enough! So tonight i stripped out the interior, which is surprisingly easy to do! An impact wrench would make the job sooo easy!
Anyway, after i had it srtipped out i took a trip to b&q purchased some MDF and set about making a stronger floor.

I'm no joiner and this is a rough job but its not yet finished! Still have to cover it.
Here's some pics of my progress! Will have more up when I finally get it wrapped.

The interior in the garage! Need to find somewhere to keep it incase i need it for any reasons!
P1010473_zps46066332.jpg

Stripped out rear! :)
P1010475_zpse9a61a86.jpg

The MDF from B&Q
P1010476_zpsa91ba754.jpg

First half of the floor in!
P1010477_zpsba8ed5b3.jpg

Second half of the floor in!
P1010478_zps3c8679b7.jpg

I have used some spray glue to glue on a sheet of carpet under felt to the top side and then have it wrapped just so it looks nice and has a better feel to it!

If anyone can let me know on shops that have material similar to the boot carpet, let me know!

Might be a lngshot but, thought about wrapping the mdf in alacantra?

I'm keeping an eye out for the same stuff as what's in the boot area. That black felt stuff. Just to keep it looking the same. But if I can't find anything like that then alcahtara wil have to do!

Well that post was a fail, hit post by accident. Well anyway, i got my xenons today! When i got home from work at 6, i had my dinner, started working on them at half six and had them fitted by 8!

I took a few pictures so ill let them do the talking :)

P1010479_zps31236db6.jpg

P1010480_zps47aa3dcb.jpg

That was how they came, mint condition!

This is the standard headlights!
P1010482_zps02d4e35c.jpg

Now a bit of progress. Swapping the indicators around :)
P1010484_zpsc08815b4.jpg

How the wee motor was sitting tonight during my work time :(
P1010486_zps500433cd.jpg

In place! :D
P1010492_zpsfe0b3a7f.jpg

So bright :')
P1010495_zps62804591.jpg

And this is the new light, versus the old light!
P1010491_zps8424084d.jpg

P1010482_zps02d4e35c.jpg

Thanks for looking! :) All comments welcome :)

That's an aweosme, amazing improvement man! Perfect coming into these dark winter days!
Youre right mate! Was out driving for an hour around the back roads, first of all its so fun in a wee clio! And secondly these lights... Unreal isnt the word for it! They look class too!
Sorry about the carpet thing! If youre still willing ill come down a day im free and we can do it?

Hahaha awesome mate. The difference is really night and day.
Man i had forgotten all about the carpet. I am entirely skint until just after christmas, payday + student loan time :( However, uni and work all done for about 6 weeks! So i'm free as a bird if we're getting a meeting organised!

Hahaha awesome mate. The difference is really night and day.
Man i had forgotten all about the carpet. I am entirely skint until just after christmas, payday + student loan time :( However, uni and work all done for about 6 weeks! So i'm free as a bird if we're getting a meeting organised!

I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark. im getting my 2 weekspay on thursday! Be minted :cool:!!
I posted in the NI region about a meet, 0 replies :(

Haha same, nearly. I usually sleep-in enough that it's just daylight when I get to work, and then I watch the harbour get excessively dark by about 4pm, and when i get home at 7, it's pitch black!
Payday for me is xmas eve/day before, then loan in early jan. Payday next month will suck a lot though, on paid holiday - but only for my contracted 16 hours, where as i usually end up working 20 hours+. I'd rather do 40 hours in work than 4 hours of uni coursework!
There's one up, they were hoping to goto the Paul Walker memorial thing with BHPNI etc.

Haha same, nearly. I usually sleep-in enough that it's just daylight when I get to work, and then I watch the harbour get excessively dark by about 4pm, and when i get home at 7, it's pitch black!
Payday for me is xmas eve/day before, then loan in early jan. Payday next month will suck a lot though, on paid holiday - but only for my contracted 16 hours, where as i usually end up working 20 hours+. I'd rather do 40 hours in work than 4 hours of uni coursework!
There's one up, they were hoping to goto the Paul Walker memorial thing with BHPNI etc.

i do a nice easy 36.5 hours a week! Thats full time for my employer! Cant complain. I remmeber them days from my A levels although i guess uni is a lot worse?
i couldnt be bothered with a ton of people, just a cs meet somewhere! Along downhill beach! Would be unreal!

i do a nice easy 36.5 hours a week! Thats full time for my employer! Cant complain. I remmeber them days from my A levels although i guess uni is a lot worse?
i couldnt be bothered with a ton of people, just a cs meet somewhere! Along downhill beach! Would be unreal!

What do you work as? I was doing 47.5 a week at the height of my placement, it was excellent. I'd have worked more, but the office is only open so long :(
Uni, especially in final year, is majorly sucky. So much work, lots of demands on your time, hopefully though i'll find out next month if the company can provision enough budget to hire me back full time after i grad, so i don't have to worry about a career!

Yeah i wasn't keen on a load of what will essentially be chavs. There was a video of one of those meets in aberdeen and some hood bounced his mk1 1.6 focus off the limiter for 20 minutes, surprise surprise, the engine went up in flames!
Downhill beach would be awesome, we'll have to rope in the rest of the CSNIers.

What do you work as? I was doing 47.5 a week at the height of my placement, it was excellent. I'd have worked more, but the office is only open so long :(
Uni, especially in final year, is majorly sucky. So much work, lots of demands on your time, hopefully though i'll find out next month if the company can provision enough budget to hire me back full time after i grad, so i don't have to worry about a career!

Yeah i wasn't keen on a load of what will essentially be chavs. There was a video of one of those meets in aberdeen and some hood bounced his mk1 1.6 focus off the limiter for 20 minutes, surprise surprise, the engine went up in flames!
Downhill beach would be awesome, we'll have to rope in the rest of the CSNIers.

Exactly my thought about the chavs! Tbh, it was bound to happen, some wee idiot showing off around his mates.
Im only an apprentice spark, in 2nd year now, pay isn't bad like better than most other 2nd years in my tech class! Which is horrible, tech is the most boring thing on this planet! Far rather be out working and learning the skills.
My job is why I took my rear seats out and made the floor! For the less weight due to high miles and for getting my tools in!
Mum currently working up in Brooklyn PSNI in belfast. Easy life being in there!

Downhill beach drag race! Would be epic like! Haba

Those old headlights :dead:

Xenons look very nice I must admit.

You had any luck with those coilovers?

I know mate, horrible things!
Xenons are now a must for me on any car i own!

Na bud, i text the fella and he never replied, still on the look out for some used ones, dont really want to spend £300 odd on coilovers :p

Update..

So on Friday after work I went down to Garvagh and met Adam, he picked up some springs and shocks for me for £40 so I paid him back for that.
Today I set about fitting them, having an impact wrench makes life so much easier.
The shocks had a different bolt spacing but the springs fitted which was a bonus.
If you look through this thread you could see how high my car used to sit on standard springs, now though it looks 100x better.
Ill let the 3 pictures I took do the talking, please ignore the passenger side, little accident still hasn't been fixed yet :(

P1010496_zps55052861.jpg

P1010497_zps50dad44a.jpg

P1010498_zps0f49bc9b.jpg

Also I removed my sport steering wheel ready to be sent off to Snappy, so hopefully within the next couple of weeks that will be sorted too :)
Thanks for reading, comments are welcome.

Mkll Ph1
It makes me think that they were a 40mm drop. Not a 60mm. Ali-ham on here from NI has 60/40 ones, asked him to see what it looks like with them in to compare and see if it's any different

They could be. The chap I got them off said he thought they were around 50mm but didn't think they would be far off mine.

Update!

So my last update has been a while ago now and I think I have only washed the car once between that, filthy.
I have a couple of small things done, nothing amazing bar one item, my snappy steering wheel which I just love.

So here is the snappy wheel, got grey stitching and perforated thumb grips, imo its amazing. Havent got around to spraying the wheel insert yet though so thats on the to do list.
P1010503_zps9ac623a2.jpg

P1010504_zpsc18e815f.jpg

P1010505_zpsb1ab6781.jpg

Next on the cards, got a rear wiper blank plate from Dolan on here. Looks 100x better than a grommet. Came already sprayed in gloss black which saved me some time.
P1010502_zps2324d3fb.jpg

Also I grabbed myself some sport sun visors a while back, stripped them of the electronics inside, sprayed them and have had them replaced. I prefer these so much more than the non sport ones.
P1010507_zps8de6adef.jpg

P1010508_zps1fdde961.jpg

Today I set about painting my calipers, yellow. Theyre too match my future plans which are below :)
P1010501_zps57536935.jpg

Thats the only photo I grabbed, had it all finished before I relaised. Also I added a little something else to the caliper, will more than likely fall off at some point but its there now.

So my future plans for the car are:
Repair and refurb F1's in gloss black
Spray bullets in matte or gloss black with yellow 'renault sport' sticker
Spray diamonds in matte or gloss black
Spray 'Clio' badge, matte or gloss black
Spray rear bumper insert, matte or gloss black

Thats all I can think of for now, any comments are welcome, cheers for looking.

Update!

So my last update has been a while ago now and I think I have only washed the car once between that, filthy.
I have a couple of small things done, nothing amazing bar one item, my snappy steering wheel which I just love.

So here is the snappy wheel, got grey stitching and perforated thumb grips, imo its amazing. Havent got around to spraying the wheel insert yet though so thats on the to do list.
P1010503_zps9ac623a2.jpg

P1010504_zpsc18e815f.jpg

P1010505_zpsb1ab6781.jpg

Next on the cards, got a rear wiper blank plate from Dolan on here. Looks 100x better than a grommet. Came already sprayed in gloss black which saved me some time.
P1010502_zps2324d3fb.jpg

Also I grabbed myself some sport sun visors a while back, stripped them of the electronics inside, sprayed them and have had them replaced. I prefer these so much more than the non sport ones.
P1010507_zps8de6adef.jpg

P1010508_zps1fdde961.jpg

Today I set about painting my calipers, yellow. Theyre too match my future plans which are below :)
P1010501_zps57536935.jpg

Thats the only photo I grabbed, had it all finished before I relaised. Also I added a little something else to the caliper, will more than likely fall off at some point but its there now.

So my future plans for the car are:
Repair and refurb F1's in gloss black
Spray bullets in matte or gloss black with yellow 'renault sport' sticker
Spray diamonds in matte or gloss black
Spray 'Clio' badge, matte or gloss black
Spray rear bumper insert, matte or gloss black

Thats all I can think of for now, any comments are welcome, cheers for looking.

Looking good pal :)