ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My VTEC Mini - build diary

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Ok... been building myself a little weekend toy over the last few years so the 172 has taken a back seat!..

Here are some pics of where Im at!!...

This is how I bought him..

collecting_mini.JPG

Here are just a few of the many mnay jobs that have had to be done....

dirtly_old_hubs.jpg

clean_hubs.jpg

Painted_hubs.jpg

The engine - B18 integra type R (197hp)

engine%7E3.jpg

A few bits and pieces..

Frame%7E0.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

Wheel.jpg

DSC00152.jpg

Guages.jpg

Radiator.jpg

Samco2.jpg

shafts.jpg

Dashboard02.jpg

Assembly..

trial_fitting_rollcage2.jpg

Trial_fit.jpg

Drum_on.jpg

rear_assembly.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

Brakes_done2.jpg

test_fit.jpg

test_fit_2.jpg

Rad_bracket2.jpg

Rad_bracket3.jpg

Photo0097.jpg

Photo0095.jpg

Rad_location.jpg

drive_shaft.jpg

Photo0101.jpg

Sat_low.jpg

Sat_low_02.jpg

spoiler_test_.jpg

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Cool.

Wheels are nice but 10's would be awesome. But then you wouldnt be stopping..lol

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Brilliant !! - A much better read than the usual, " Ive just washed and waxed my mums clio and stuck a cone filter on", thread

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
awesome build that is mate! How much has it cost you in total (if you dont mind me asking?)

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Cheers guys.....

Im just working on the fuel system at the minute... then I have to sort this lot out..

Wiring.jpg

Everything else is hooked up and working... soon as its wired up and got fuel system working its off to the paint shop then its party time!!... cant wait to start putting all my nice shiney bits back on...

This is what it will look like!!.. hopefully!!

Front_back1.jpg

Thanks
Chris

Tangoed Works
loving it mate, spesh the mock up finished piccys. would love to have the skillz to do that!

RB 182 Cup
Love Vtec mini's! Almost as much a RWD bike engined mini's!

Top stuff, will be keeping an eye on this one for sure!

Mental 172 Cup
looks awesome mate! trying to get hold of a shell myself to do a conversion! not v-tec though ;)

ill be keeping an eye out for this one though mate! cant wait to see finished results!

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Cheers for comments.....

Initially intended doing the Zcars conversion with Busa in back but they are a bit too hardcore for me... very expensive, noisey, lumpy, no reverse.... great track day cars tho!!...

Ill be keeping the clio for day to day and using this for weekends, although I know I wont be able to keep out of it when its finished...

Ill keep this thread updated as and when I make any progress!... not touched it for a month or so now, just figuring stuff out!!...... in the boozer! :)

Cheers
Chris

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
There's a guy in my motor club that has a Civic Type R engine in his mini, its in the boot though an RWD. Black with gold wheels, il try find a picture

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Wow! That's going to be some beast!

Cant wait for updates. Good job so far fella.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Right guys, had a good few weeks prep'in and painting the car.... 5 coats of gloss black and hours of rubbing!!...

This is the paint booth I constructed to minimise dust and insects..

picture.php

All masked up ready for a few coats!

picture.php

This is after 3 coats of gloss, rubbed back and ready for more!

picture.php

Finally after 5 coats it was time to start the finishing process - 1000 grit, 1500 grit, then course, medium and fine compounds, finally polish and buff....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Still got loads to do but you get the idea!!...

Chris