ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My VTEC Mini - build diary

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Right guys, had a good few weeks prep'in and painting the car.... 5 coats of gloss black and hours of rubbing!!...

This is the paint booth I constructed to minimise dust and insects..

booth.jpg

All masked up ready for a few coats!

prima.jpg

This is after 3 coats of gloss, rubbed back and ready for more!

front.jpg

Finally after 5 coats it was time to start the finishing process - 1000 grit, 1500 grit, then course, medium and fine compounds, finally polish and buff....

Rear.jpg

Rear2.jpg

rear3.jpg

Still got loads to do but you get the idea!!...

Chris

martynrg

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Superb!!

Looks like a cracking job you've done there!

I want your Mini...and your garages :(

:)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
hats off to you mate, ive got loads of respect for people who do a project and do it ALL start to finish, im fine with mechanical side of things but when it comes to fabricating, painting and bodywork im no good! cant wait to see how it turns out

BMW 535D
Epic! That thing is going to fly! I looked into doing the z cars conversion a few years ago but was put off by the amount of work involved!

Keep up the good work!

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Front engine frame/subframe etc. all off the shelf these days?

You buy the subframe off the shelf - then its entirly up to the individual how you want to put it together, ie suspension, brakes, exhaust manifold, driveshaft, CV's hubs etc etc etc....

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Wow.

Stunning mate. Can't wait to see it finished, you got any running vids?

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
wow, thats amazing. Can't wait to see the finished article and vids ... wish i had dedication like that!

Adz

Work van
nice work m8. In the fast car mag there is on with a type r engine in it and it has 260bhp in mini mental lol keep up the good work :cool:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Fantastic, great work! A mate of mine built a c20xe'd mini with ITB's, was mental. I'd love to have the knowledge/funds/skills/patience to do something like this.

Hats off to you sir!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning mate!

Red and black theme will look great! Love the cage!

How will it handle?

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
13 x 7 wheels with the standard final drive so it will be solid acceleration upto about 120 ish. If the gearing is too short I will get a taller final drive..

Should handle pretty well once set up as camber and toein (sp) can be adjusted in each corner.

Cheers
Chris

Golf GTD Mk7
was that ferrari trying when it was following it. Looked slow. Mini sounds and goes really really well. Very Impressive.

MK2 FRS/Mini Type R
Little progress, started fitting the rear arches and blending my bib spoiler into the front end.

Photo0204.jpg

Photo0207.jpg

Photo0209.jpg

hopefully get a fair bit done tomorrow!!...

Ta
C