ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my track car ,avit,

clio 172
Hello good Sirs, I have just bought myself a lovely Clio 172. I have just changed the engine mounts, oil, brake fluid, coolant and I have ordered black diamond brakes pads.

I'm just wondering what else I need before I can have some fun on a track ;)

Please post some pictures of your track car, to give me some inspiration.

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 172
Just to say this is my every day car. I would like to go on a RWYB day or on track just for fun. I'm not worried about not having the fastest car.

Last edited by a moderator:
  clio 172
wow now thats a track car bazzon lol looks mint mate propa fun car .i plan on stripping mine geting some new tyers in 2weeks ??make tyers ??? relly wana keep my wheels thow as im referbing them this weekend ..im intrested in fitting a new clutch aswell makes ?/,,,im not relly botherd about speed my friends all drive starlets and m3s so o dont think im going to be faster than them and the speed im geting out of the clio i rely wana get some fun track time tbh ,..tnahks

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Woaah nelly. Bit of punctuation/spelling and maybe people will be able to figure out what you're asking.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
15s are better for track and are cheaper for Tires.

The standard clutch is fine no point in changing unless its slipping.

Good brakes, good suspension and remove weight.

clio 172
sorry i have got dyslexia and i am trying to spell ,,.im going to post some pictures on saterday off how the car is looking atm

clio 172
no you dont lol but its cool .,i was doing relly well last year but seems to be geting wores to be onist .,.,,,.i cut trees down for a liviing so never have to type or write enythink just drive to work cut trees down and home again ,..i could sell sand to arabs but when it comes down to spelling im a total tard im afraid lol

Westy. MX5
If you are going on track days then the musts are good brakes and new brake fluid and all the oils which you have covered. Also change the gear oil and power steering oil, check the steering and suspension bushes if the car is 5years or older. if you are going to lighten the car by stripping all the trim out then some new springs and shocks will need to be matched to the cars new weight loss.
I've just bought a Cup, well 2 months ago, and I'm going to be tracking it as well but not stripping it out. Just done all the above items and will be taxed and MOT'd by the end of the month. Good luck and have fun.

clio 172
just a small update just paid for my milltek FULL SYSTEM i was going with just cat back wich was 456pounds but now going to have the hole system done ,.,.just looking at web to find some tyers i had parada spec 2 on my bmw e46 they looked so good and handeld lovely think im going to go with them again if enybody has a better idea for tyers ., menythanks louie

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Have a search on here plenty of tire threads.

R888s or A048,

Paradas are "ok" but dont really stand up to any real abuse on track the one think they have going for them is the price.

clio 172
Have a search on here plenty of tire threads.

R888s or A048,

Paradas are "ok" but dont really stand up to any real abuse on track the one think they have going for them is the price.

is the r888s made from toyo proxis ? if so where can i get a very good price for them :)

clio 172
cheers just on there site now can i ask do you no what size my alloys are they are just standerd 172 alloys ino the 16 "but what tyer sise am i looking for meny thanks louie

M2 Competition
Ive found paradas are fine on track Bazzon. Fairly soft but mine lasted hard track abuse in the summer and plenty of hard road use. Very good for the price.

Avit - for a fun track car, all you need is good brakes (brembo max discs from gsh on ebay) ferodo ds2500 pads, and any form of braided lines and some new brake fluid... and some good rubber (paradas will be more than fine for this). If you're only doing rwyb and trackdays for fun, you dont need to splash out on r888's.

The rest can wait, plenty will track with standard exhaust, interior in etc etc... and even standard cars!

Do the above, and go out and enjoy it :D

clio 172
Ive found paradas are fine on track Bazzon. Fairly soft but mine lasted hard track abuse in the summer and plenty of hard road use. Very good for the price.

Avit - for a fun track car, all you need is good brakes (brembo max discs from gsh on ebay) ferodo ds2500 pads, and any form of braided lines and some new brake fluid... and some good rubber (paradas will be more than fine for this). If you're only doing rwyb and trackdays for fun, you dont need to splash out on r888's.

The rest can wait, plenty will track with standard exhaust, interior in etc etc... and even standard cars!

Do the above, and go out and enjoy it :D

i live in surrey im looking at doing a brands hatch track day asap but do you no of eny cheap fun track days i should look into .,thanks

888's are mint, but as said if its only for abit of fun, £400 odd on some 888's is abit much. They are awesome though!

You need either 195/45/16, or 205/45/16, or 888's will be 195/50/16 or 205/50/16 i think

clio 172
888's are mint, but as said if its only for abit of fun, £400 odd on some 888's is abit much. They are awesome though!

You need either 195/45/16, or 205/45/16, or 888's will be 195/50/16 or 205/50/16 i think
?

is that 400 each ?

thanks for tyer size dude

clio 172
i dont think thats to bad tbh .my bmw tyers are 135 pounds a corner .and thats why i sold that car becouse it was big fat slow and cost to much ,,.,.

bit cheeky but enyone got enypics of 888s on stander alloys

Rusty Cup
Hankook Rs2's close to the levels of grip you'll see from the r888's (thay'll have us believe) and much longer life expectancy im going for these next :)

What size would you be looking at

Schma Schme 1.6l
tyre wise, its gotta be AO48's all day long, they have re-enforced side walls, i've used all other tyres and the AO48's are the best in my opinion, second only to a set of mitchelin SB9 slicks! The best place to buy them is Ears motorsport, OR demon theives, (speak to James) and say Ears quoted you £430 for the set ALL in INC P+P!

R888's are better in the wet though, but in the dry the temps on the R888's go though the roof!

cheers, Tim.