ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Seat Leon Cupra R

Skoda Fabia VRS
That cheap? Christ. What are they like with that power?

I'm just after something that drives different and more power really, I've got the VTS which will run rings around the Clio at some point this year, so the Clio will get a little boring.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That cheap? Christ. What are they like with that power?

I'm just after something that drives different and more power really, I've got the VTS which will run rings around the Clio at some point this year, so the Clio will get a little boring.

I've not driven one like that.

My guess;

No traction

Under steer

More under steer

No traction.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Having driven both I'd say that anything other than a standing start the Leon would have it.

Nah, my best mate kept up with my standard LCR in his standard 172 no bother...mapped was a different story.

LCRs just feel quicker because of the torque...they're not actually that quick in standard form.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
First 'mod' purchased.

28F1BED8-79C2-4F39-BBFC-63E9DC9DB172.png_zpstfci9srh.jpg

80mm SFS tip. I know the badger 5 one is the daddy but after reading numerous reviews, this one appears to work just as well and was a lot cheaper.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
They make a hell of a difference. Or did on the TT with back to back logging. Is it mapped?

2004 clio 182 cup
Had a Cupra r bam 225 didn't think much of it to be honest felt slow but mine was all standard comes out there shell when modded. Got pissed off with the amount off water coming into the car due to the cabin filter housing swapped it for a rb Clio 182 few weeks back.

550af3c5fefa04f58f23ddb0660c0a45.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
They make a hell of a difference. Or did on the TT with back to back logging. Is it mapped?

Mapped by jabba sport. Made 250bhp at evotune so nothing too exciting. If I can't find a cheap turbo back exhaust I'll be having a remap and should hopefully see 260-270bhp.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Mapped by jabba sport. Made 250bhp at evotune so nothing too exciting. If I can't find a cheap turbo back exhaust I'll be having a remap and should hopefully see 260-270bhp.
The tip will certainly help. Get yourself a Bluetooth dongle and you can measure the air flow and estimate the bhp from there. It's actually very accurate on these.

225 Cup & Williams
These cars really do come alive after modding.

An ex work mate of mine had a 225 version running 310 bhp. Badger 5 pipe, FMIC, 3" turbo back etc.

Went extremely well & sounded the business too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco 172
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but do you know if they do something like this for a 225 Megane? Would be pretty handy!

Lovely Cupra R by the way, was looking at them before getting the Megane, on my to own list!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Judging by the saxo he's a sucker for an intercooler so I reckon that'll come soon..haha

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Judging by the saxo he's a sucker for an intercooler so I reckon that'll come soon..haha

I'm only picking up the cheap bits. This cost me £60 for it all so it's not breaking the bank.

Anyway, it's the full turbo back exhaust next....

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
My mechanic failed in his attempts to fit the TIP today so it's back to the drawing board on that one unfortunately.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be concerned if you mechanic failed fitting the tip unless it's wrong? It's a piece of piss.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd be concerned if you mechanic failed fitting the tip unless it's wrong? It's a piece of piss.

Apparently it needed additional pipe work to get the the actuator and other related stuff. I was a bit miffed so just collected it and came home. When I looked at don't it myself it looked less than straight forward to be honest.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Apparently it needed additional pipe work to get the the actuator and other related stuff. I was a bit miffed so just collected it and came home. When I looked at don't it myself it looked less than straight forward to be honest.
I think he just couldn't be assed..lol! It's a 30 min job tops and shouldn't need any modification.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I think he just couldn't be assed..lol! It's a 30 min job tops and shouldn't need any modification.

That's what I thought to be honest. He'd taken everything off though - just said it wouldn't fit.

He's spot on though so im sure he'd have done it if he could.