ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My rescue'd RS..

BMW E92/Audi S3
Well.. I've decided to keep the RS for a few reasons.
I was first offered a p/x for my PH-Yeah-Low 1.4 16v which was rediculously loud and low.
3241596027_c89f2092c7.jpg

3242429664_bc7a5d1c52.jpg

3227921915_4da9c8c0e8.jpg

I thought to myself, my 1.4 16v plus a few hundred on top for a black 172 RS which was apparently MINT, sounded like a brilliant idea.. Oh my, I was wrong;
-Cambelt hadn't been done (Mileage 38k on an 03 plate)
-Only a little service history.
-One bloody key.
-Car hadn't been cleaned in months, literally.. (Had moss in the windows)
-Had a half hanging chav exhaust (Which Warren, Chris/Vdust and Mike_08 have seen, quite embarassing)
-7 OWNERS
-Tax disk holder siliconed onto windscreen..
-KTR Grills that were stapled into the bumpers.
-Peeling fog surrounds. A tool that owned it before sprayed the fog surrounds in gloss black without prepping.
Before
Beforeexhaust.jpg

Beforefront.jpg

Then, I gave it a thorough rinse and the car was STILL dirty somehow, I've never came across a car so dirty - Even though it doesn't look very dirty in the pictures.

I also got a helping hand off another member on here to get rid of the KTR grills that were stapled onto the bumper. He lost his temper and kicked the bottom one off..
I then replaced the top grill with the old grill I had on the PH-Yeah-Low (An RS one) and left the bottom part of the bumper grill-less..
Also, a little touch of silvatecs at the front.
280320091039.jpg

280320091040.jpg

After a few washes later (And a pedobear sticker) I decided to finally get the exhaust changed and picked me up a carbon fibre splitter..

Stealth FTW!
P120609_1208.jpg

P120609_120801.jpg

260420091122.jpg

P310509_1616.jpg

Cleaned the engine bay thoroughly, after removing the following;
Chewing gum wrappers
Chewing gum
Leaves
2x packet of crisp bags stuck under the engine cover
and a popped balloon..
P120609_121001.jpg

At this point, the car was just a tidy, clean 172. Though, in my eyes it still looked a little bland..
So deadmau5 decided to give me a hand on making it a little different;
P180609_1533.jpg

Applied the liquid yellow badges and a Renault F1 Team sticker that I bought from here (Thanks)
P180609_2104.jpg

Now before anyone says the whole "Oh no, another Liquid Force in 172 form" - I had the idea before I got an RS, I've always thought that black and yellow go together too well, as for green and pink..
But anyway. Here are my plans for her, that I will update this thread with everytime a change is made.
-Coilies.
-Cup spoiler.
-FK Euro Rear lights.
-New style RS badge.
-CF Bonnet.
-3/4 Plate.
And the one that most of you may like..
-Wheels done like my old car.. ;)

3115782242_332f0341cf.jpg

X P.s, I now have a lower grill.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Packets of crisps? Popped baloons? Did one of the other owners crash through a childrens birthday party or something?

Anyway, i love the wheels, DO IT :D

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
looking good! i like the yellow and black too. where in brum you from?

b/g 182, meg tourer
the ph yeah-low was amazing. really hope the 172 is going to be as good. doing a good job so far. good to see that car has got a good owner at last by the sound of it.

Storm Grey 200
Renault
Sport
Protection
Association

Good work man. Its only a matter of time until they are the new saxo, its already happening.

Evo 8 MR
I was thinking the same thing, why would you trade in a minter for this?

Also, an 03 plate with 7 previous owners on 38k? Has it been accident damaged?

looking good matey, got a "de-chav" project myself at the moment, atleast you didn't have to drive around for 2 weeks with lexus lights!

BMW E92/Audi S3
Thanks guys. It does feel like the hours of detailing is paying off.
I'll update this thread tomorrow with proper DSLR pictures and next week I should be updating with more little touches ;)

As for my old alloys. The reason I didn't keep them is because I was looking to do the same idea to a set of Turini's :p x

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Your old wheels on that would look awesome, get it done!

You must be finally glad now though that you've got a 172? as much as I like your old car I'd still prefer the one you have now as it is if it was me :)

172 Cup
hi m8, startin to look much better now. sure it will be stunning when ure finished with it.

But i too am wondering why u px'd it without seeing it? spesh considering how mint ures was.????

BMW E92/Audi S3
Thanks all.

Not viewing the car before buying it was a silly thing to do, I admit. But I'm sure I speak for many other people on the forum when I say I like to see the car progress.

BMW E92/Audi S3
good progress, nuff love for the old boat, and new one too

Thanks buddy!

Well, today, I found a mau5. I soon had a laugh with this mau5 and took pictures with this mau5;
Few pics of pure boredom..

Was taking some shots of my motor.
3641870153_f409e4bde1.jpg

3641870757_03b09f602b.jpg

(Yes it needs de-swirling!)
Then I noticed something in the background..
3642685574_913caafcb6.jpg

3641889477_d161b47d28_b.jpg

3642698512_b5df93ee93.jpg

I soon ran over this Mau5..
3641885977_18c0f593be.jpg

Then decapitated the f**ker..
3642652132_28454ce37c_b.jpg

..Poor Mau5..

*More updates coming up soon*

Only update since Yesterday was a set of LED Sidelights which I purchased off a friendly fella from here!

Last edited:

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks so much better now mate and the plans sound awesome.

Good photoshoot, looks professional tbh.