ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My RB Clio - Warning not the best spellar! ;)

So bought my clio about a month or so ago, and the plan is to slowly turn the car into a fast road/track car.

When i bought the car, i knew it needed a few minors bits of work, but in general mechanically it was sound. Thought i would give everyone an overview of where it was, where it is now and future plans ect..

When Purchased:
Bought at a good price, but understood a few bits need to be done to it:
  • Drive Shaft (drivers side) gator was leeking
  • Passenger Side Shock was on its way out
  • Cambelt was due
  • Service was due within 5000 miles (excluding cambelt)
  • Paintwork, in general not great, had a few bit's resprayed overtime and last owner (lady) left some bird c**p on the roof which has eaten a bit of the laquer
  • Miltech exhaust (not the best but will do for now), with a slight blow currently
  • Exhaust mounts can only be explained as nackered
Currently Whats Been Done/Plans:
So the plan as stated above it to turn the car into fast road track use, but being a bit of an enthusiast, i believe from a personal level the most important thing before play and changing things is to get the car up to a high standard. So currently im in the stages of getting the car to prestine order and i have high standards.
So in the last month, the following has been done/is being done this weekend
  • So ive replaced the drive shaft gator
  • Added adjustable camber bolts
  • Replaced my tyres for PS3, and love them
  • Replaced exhaust mounts (no more rattleing :) )
  • Ordered the new shock (Genunie Renault one), fitting this weekend
  • Full Engine Service this weekend
  • Full Engine Bay clean this weekend
  • Full aligment this weekend
  • Exhaust re-weld next weekend (just to cover the minor holes for the time being)
  • Cambelt, dephayser and aux belt changed at a RS specilist
  • Basic detail allready been done
  • Supergaurding next few weeks, to just protect a few paint deffects for the time being
Upcoming plans in the next few months:
So before i start doing performance and serrious mod's and to bring the car up to a high standard im going to be doing the following mod's
  • Full body blow over to get paint work back to mint condition
  • Replace the cat with either a sports cat or decat (havent decided yet and gotta do some home work in relation to whats before for performace)
  • Replace all engine mounts (just because i want to and peice of mind), with uprated ones
  • Replace gearbox and dogbone mounts (just because i want to)
  • Gearbox oil change
  • Coilpack change (just because i want to)
  • Upraded New Front and Rear Disk & Pads (just because i want to)
  • Replace all wheel bearings (just because i want to)
Future Plans over the next year:
So now these are my plans over the next year and havent fully decided which way to go on some of the mod's yet
  • New Exhaust, probably a yozza and will buy brand new
  • Susspension upgrade, havent decided if to go collies or new uprated shocks
  • Speedline corse 15inch wheel or maybe even some williams wheels, for a slight increased handeling
  • Either throtle boddies, tubro or supercharged (this may be a while of yet) :(
  • Uprated ECU & Remap
  • Bucket seat, looking at the bremcaros, understand there not the best but fallen for them
  • Strip interior
  • ARAB
  • Uprated break system, so bigger calipers ect... new breaklines
  • Carbon Trims (exhaust trim, bullets, dimonds ect...)

So currently havent got any pictures to upload, but will take some this weekend, and as i do bit will add them to this. Most of the above will be trying to do myself with a mate. not all of it as its completly impossiable.

Any other advised upgrades bit people think i should do would be much appreciated, dont know huge amounts of RS side of things, but as you can see im planning on make my RB pratically brand new and an absloute minter. (this is because ive come to the conclusion that im prob going to keep this car for years as i have fallen in love with it)

Hope you enjoy reading and will update on Monday.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like a very extensive list of things to do. Good luck with your plans.

And for someone who can't spell you've done better than most. You even know the difference between "bought" and "brought".

First things first though...Where are the pictures of the car?

Sounds like a very extensive list of things to do. Good luck with your plans.

And for someone who can't spell you've done better than most. You even know the difference between "bought" and "brought".

First things first though...Where are the pictures of the car?

Will get some picture of what i have up later, need to upload to photo bucket and just in the middle of a few things at work! but there on there way!

Cheers guys, will try get the photos up this afternoon.

Anyone every used the Mark Fish Top Mounts? comparisions against these and the K-Tech ones (not to concerned about price as like to the job proper to the best standard)

The only pics i have atm are the two below. Not the best either

image (1).jpegimage.jpeg

Plans sound spot on. Looks like you've got a few quid to spend!

Well now ive sold my vxr im nearly £1,000 a month better off with fule savings, no finance, slightly cheaper insurance, tyre costs and service costs! So.... yer i do have a lil bit to spend in the coming year... just had to spend out a bit on a few other bits other than the car, unfortunatly mum and dads 50th this year and brothers 21st, nans 80th and grandads 75th.... lets just say its worked out to be an expensive one!

So bit of an update from this weekend....

Full Service was done:
- New NGK Sparks
- Elf Oil change
- Cleaned ITB Pannel Filter
- Changed Pollen Filter
- Changed Oil Filter

Engine/Rocker Cover Oil Leek Sorted:
Got some gasket sealent and previously had a nice amount of oil coming from around the rocker cover... so took each bolt out one by one, little bit of sealent, then tightened back up to the right torque... and since then no more oil leaking :)

Passenger Side Shock Changed:
As the shock was nackered, and for a quick repair why i save for my uprated suspension... put a new shock on... wow what a job... should have taken 30 mins... tock close to 6 hours. This wasnt because we didnt know what we were doing... but where the top mount meets the top of the strut was bent by previous own and it wouldnt come undone. In the end we had to angle grind out... oviously being careful. now the susspensions back how it should be (once the new shock settles, its nearly there)

Another weekend of getting the car back to brand new condittion :)