ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My racing seat setup. A1 GP Playseat and G27

Hi

Had this set-up sience Christmas now and I absolutely love it.
opted for the new Logitech G27, brilliant piece of kit, full 900 degree rotation, 6 speed gear box with working clutch and reverse, stainless steel flappy paddles, customisable buttons on the steering wheel, peddles can be move left or right are also have different pressures for each peddle e.g. throttle the easiest and the break being the hardest to use.

Can be used on PC and PS3 but not XBOX unfortunately. force feedback is really realistic and there is no lag to the game from the steering wheel.

Also got the A1 GP playseat which is comfy and fully adjustable for short and tall people. provides a better driving position than my clio.

Just brought the new F1 2011 game for PS3 and it's brilliant so far, set up keers and DRS on the wheel for convince of use.

enough talking here are some pictures.

DSC08248.jpg

DSC08250.jpg

DSC08253.jpg

DSC08256.jpg

DSC08257.jpg

DSC08258.jpg

DSC08259.jpg

DSC08260.jpg

Audi TT 225 Quattro
Very nice , pretty much the same set up as ive got although i use a G25

as you say transforms GT5 and pretty much all racing games that are used with it. playing racing games on a pad is never the same again......

few pics of mine ( hope u dont mind )

newtv044.jpg

+

a1gpseatg25010.jpg

=

001-4.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Nice!

Fanatec or nothing though.

A tad elitist perhaps? ;)

The Logitech high-end wheels are epic and can sustain a shitload of abuse. If anything, they are a little too over-engineered. My G25 is still going strong after all these years and unlike the Clio steering wheel, tends not to melt or fall apart!

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome. I'd go for the Fanatec for an all-out driving setup though... you're doing the setup an injustice without one. :eek:

G27's are great though, but I just think they feel really cheap to use.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
yeah agree, don't think I would like GT5 if I was playing it on a pad.

I did think about the white seat but with the G27 being black, thought it would match.

Looks good in white tho, does it show much dirt?

When i bought mine 4 years back they only had the white one in stock so just got that,tbh it has stayed very very clean and only needs wiping with a wet cloth to remove any marks etc :)

A tad elitist perhaps? ;)

The Logitech high-end wheels are epic and can sustain a s**tload of abuse. If anything, they are a little too over-engineered. My G25 is still going strong after all these years and unlike the Clio steering wheel, tends not to melt or fall apart!

D.

totally agree, the people who are moaning about them are doing so only because they can't be used on XBOX:p had mine 4 years as well and gets used s**t loads and still feels as good as the day i got it. it doesnt get used lightly either ;) EPIC WHEEL

Listerine & Poledo
In any case, the more hero-action people can do at home means less cars rolled through fields in the real.

Although it could lead to people believing their hero digital action can be replicated in the real, leading to an increase of y0!-SMASH! indicents.

So, I guess, on balance, meh.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I may upgrade my G25 to a Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 wheel. Probably only buy the wheel for £250 and use my G25 pedals with it.

182, 172 Track Shed
Bit new to all this but with Forza 4 coming out I want to at least give a racing wheel and pedal setup a go

Whats a good choice?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
The link posted above for the G27 is a bargain 2nd hand ones are going for more than that!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Ah yeah sorry I missed the forza4 part oops.. The Fanatec are awesome and do all the consoles but not cheap!

Megane dci 130
^^ Its the best thing ever. Im addicted to dirt 3 with it. Logitec have got the feeling of their wheels just right.

My brother has a G27 also but he's customised his quite a bit, reversing the peddles the other way like a normal car and also fitted a bucket seat with his own subframe/sidemounts/sliders. He's even fitted and sparco steering wheel with the controls still and retrofitted an actual handbrake for when he drifts on GT5, will pop some pictures up later on, good fun though thats for certain!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm normally not an advocate of too many buttons on devices, but I do find the two on the G25 a bit limiting. The six on the G27 would be much more useful imo.

D.

Bumder With A Buffer
What would you use them for?? SRS question??

Also because i've never looked into it is it possible to get a G25 with both paddle shifts and the separate gear-sticky me bob? I like the look of the G25 but feel I would get a bit annoyed with the changes, be nice to switch to paddle ones on the back if you get bored...

Edit. FML I fail..just read the specs :eek: but left this here to show what a tool I am :)