ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Punto GT

SQ5
Its a Punto GT.

Not very big spec, but quite quick!

Superchips chip
Cat Back Powerflow (maybe de-catted saturday)
Crappy air filter
Running around 1.2 bar

Pics of it cleaned on Sunday, :D :D Only wash, chamois and polish!

29072007019.jpg

29072007015.jpg

29072007014.jpg

29072007012.jpg

29072007009.jpg

29072007007.jpg

Pictures of my project clio in Clio section soon!

1.2 MK2 PH2
Punto GT. Classic.

IMO, quite possibly just as much of a classic as a williams imo, its a bit of a disapointment fiat didnt do any other real matches in the hot hatch section.... cos the stilo's are terrible tbh....

SQ5
Fiat have actually just bought out another 1.4 Turbo :) But only has 120bhp as standard!

They can push a lot with a few mods. I don't know exactly what mine is as not been rolling roaded but;

130 - Standard
+ 30 - Superchip
+ 7-10 - exhaust and filter (felt rapid once exhaust was done!)
- 15-20 depreciation power

Hopefully around 140-160 I would hope!

No major problems whatsoever, brake hose corroded and rear bushes being done tomorrow!

It's also lowered around 20mm (standard GT & Sporting) and then another 40mm on Gmax uprated spring and shocks.

Had new turbo, cambelt, head gasket, chip, suspension all done about 3000 miles before i picked it up. I got it for £1900 which wasn't bad IMO.

Runs sweet as!

i think they have something called a BPU, which is basic power upgrade, remap, air filter, exhaust, decat and wack the boost up and apparently they go like stick after that lol

SQ5
Yea, i think that could be true as mine goes quite quick. Would love a go in a standard one!

ALso have a Pace Intercooler fitted!

fiesta turbo/Golf 1.8t
Where did you get it from as i recognize the reg?

Il have to get the cinq up and running so we can have a little blat lol

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
yeah fast in a line only, owned both a 1.6 sporting on a P and 1.4 turbo on an S.

The turbo was great and easy/cheap to tune up.

SQ5
I got it from London but it used to be owned by a guy in Ipswich and also a guy on here, it was in a previous post somehwere about your car at 19!?

Where abouts is Clare in Suffolk?

I've owned it since February

Corners aint too bad, but centre of gravity is so high on these, rolls like a ball!

SQ5
Maybe as classic as a valver, I wouldnt modify or touch a Williams but a Valver I would!

It's also quicker than a valver :p

Punto/Clio GTT
i dont doubt theyre fast in a straight line but i cant see how they are "classics".

205 gti is a classic.
williams is a classic.
mini 1275gt is a classic.

punto gt? not for me im affraid

fiesta turbo/Golf 1.8t
I got it from London but it used to be owned by a guy in Ipswich and also a guy on here, it was in a previous post somehwere about your car at 19!?

Where abouts is Clare in Suffolk?

I've owned it since February

Corners aint too bad, but centre of gravity is so high on these, rolls like a ball!

Its on the main road between Haverhill and Sudbury,about 20mins from Bury.

The cing makes 132bhp at 10psi with green filter/exhaust and pace intercooler.
So with 1.2bar and a healthy engine/turbo you should be seeing 150bhp or so.

Fiat have actually just bought out another 1.4 Turbo :) But only has 120bhp as standard!

They can push a lot with a few mods. I don't know exactly what mine is as not been rolling roaded but;

130 - Standard
+ 30 - Superchip
+ 7-10 - exhaust and filter (felt rapid once exhaust was done!)
- 15-20 depreciation power

Hopefully around 140-160 I would hope!

For a start you won't get 30 bhp with a superchip by itself. The increase in power and torque comes from running a higher pressure with a richer map.

Secondly, if you're running 1.2 bar constant pressure, and it's holding higher up the rev range can I suggest you drop it a bit. The superchips were never renowned for being particularly good with higher boost.

Power? More like 150 at the fly and circa 170 lb/ft.

Mac

PH2 Clio 172, 205 Mi16
get rid of the super chip there crap join www.puntosports.co.uk pm mr hans and get hold of a seb2 chip

^^ What he said

You won't regret it, mine was running 1.5 bar all day long on a SEB2 chip, and it was comedy quick.

Didn't corner all that well though, but through 2nd and 3rd gear it was an absolute animal :cool:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i feel the love

my old one, Full seb 2 set up circa 170bhp.....well underrated motor on her (faster than a 172 with seb2 set up) ;)

000_0008.jpg

puntogt001.jpg

000_0014.jpg

Photo004.jpg

lol, just need darren s to see this thread too, share the love.;) I'd love to pic up a standard example for a weekend toy ;)

visualize whirled pe
Nice car, the 4th photo down does the bodywork more justice.
Get some Jetseal 109 on the paint and it'll really shimmer.

Punto's seem like value although I'm a bigger fan of the uno turbo, it's that big back window on the punto which I think looks a bit odd.
There was a geezer on here with a powerful turbo coupe and tbh I'd completely overlooked fiat's in terms of a performance car in the past, it seems they are cheap to buy, reasonably cheap to run, fairly easy and cheap to achieve more power too and that cant be bad!

impreza p1
i had a white gt2, was quickish in a straight line but i had so many problems, fuel tank leaking, fuel line split, rocker cover leaking etc. not the most realiable car i had but was quite fun i suppose. didnt handle to bad when it was lowered. wouldnt say it was a classic though, not by a long shot

SQ5
Mines been really good to me over past 6 months!

Where can i get seb chip fitted and set up though?!

gaz - Looks awesome in blue :)

Shortie - My girlfriend used to live in cockfield and i'm 20 mins from bury the other way!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
seb chips can be got from punto sports forum, you can fit it yourself, i did :)

Yep, I fitted my seb chip myself too, took about 20 mins. Just make sure you get the right one.

Does James Hans still sell them?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
i feel the love

my old one, Full seb 2 set up circa 170bhp.....well underrated motor on her (faster than a 172 with seb2 set up) ;)

lol, just need darren s to see this thread too, share the love.;) I'd love to pic up a standard example for a weekend toy ;)

Helllllllloooooo! I'm here! :clown:

Fecking awesome cars. Not sure it's a true classic, but its not damn far off. Loved mine until the very day I sold it and has many hooligan tendancies that the 182 is simply not able to replicate.

With a decent suspension change, small but useful power mods and retain the 14" tiddlers on all four corners - these are proper rapid little feckers.

Love them to bits and will always admire them if I see one out on the road. :approve:

D.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
i feel the love

Fecking awesome cars. Not sure it's a true classic, but its not damn far off. Loved mine until the very day I sold it and has many hooligan tendancies that the 182 is simply not able to replicate.

With a decent suspension change, small but useful power mods and retain the 14" tiddlers on all four corners - these are proper rapid little feckers.

Love them to bits and will always admire them if I see one out on the road. :approve:

D.

Saw my GT at the weekend, still unmolested, sold as seen in top pic (good times :)) Wish it was still mine though :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

D.

Saw my GT at the weekend, still unmolested, sold as seen in top pic (good times :)) Wish it was still mine though :(

That's good news though, surely Gaz? At least the new owner is looking after it? I haven't seen mine since I sold it - would really like to know how it's been treated!

D.

get rid of the super chip there crap join www.puntosports.co.uk pm mr hans and get hold of a seb2 chip

^^ What he said

You won't regret it, mine was running 1.5 bar all day long on a SEB2 chip, and it was comedy quick.

Didn't corner all that well though, but through 2nd and 3rd gear it was an absolute animal :cool:

1.5 bar?

Unless you're Greg, that sounds just plain silly. It certainly won't hold 1.5 bar which appears to be what you're saying.

Standard turbo, seb2 and 1.2 bar holding or 1.3 bar if you have a GT1 because of lower compression. Any more and rolling roads have shown a lot of leaning off at those sort of pressures.