ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Ph2 1.2 sport has had it :(

'51 Clio 1.2sport
It all started with randomly flashing hazards. Before I could work out if it was the switch or water in the siren, the battery randomly died overnight. So I charged it, as you do, and refitted. Depressingly the engine turned over a few times, then cut out. I tried to start it a few times, but the same thing kept happening.
My knowledge of car electronics is limited, so I sent it to Roxby Renault around the corner. Got a phonecall this morning saying the injection module is trout (is that the ECU?), and I need a new one. With all the crap that goes with it, I'm looking at £1500 :cry:
Is this a Renault rip-off? Because my car just isn't worth that any more!
Cheers guys

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Lol at that price! You could buy and fit a new engine for that!

Sorry to hear though mate, someone on here will be able to help though or point you in the right direction

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You could buy two new cars for that price...

Swap the hazard switch, charge the battery, make sure the alternator is working.. if that's all still no good, you might have a drain somewhere drinking your amps.

Good luck finding that...!

Where do you live..? (roxby renault = southampton stealers?) Speak to ren-o-tec in Pompy...

Clio 1.2 - 41k miles
Lol at that price! You could buy and fit a new engine for that!

Sorry to hear though mate, someone on here will be able to help though or point you in the right direction

Easily! My 1.2 Clio was £770 :rasp: What a beaut she is :cool:

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
LoLz @ that price... and Renault UK wonder why the dealer network is failing.

I'd want proof myself before spending a wedge like that as the ECM has absolutely no control over the hazzard lights or sirens/horns. Possibly a UCH fault but i'd send it to someone thats actually interested in fixing it before going down that route. As above, try a new hazzard light switch first and find a decent, local auto-spark who can do some basic load tests.

Mick