ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Odyssey PH1 A Little Different..

Odyssey PH1
Hey Guys, I bought my PH1 around July time from a lad off here, It already had a few mods but I have trouble driving around in a car that hasn't had my touch on it so I got to it! :)

Here is how she was when I bought her:

c68cc912.jpg

c07f3687.jpg

I then bought some carbon wrap and wrapped my front badge, mirrors, bullets, and handbrake cover as it was ripspeed lol.

431f75b1.jpg

d660de6f.jpg

Then for my 21st I got an OMP steering wheel..

3a2a342a.jpg

Stripped it..

9422156b.jpg

Then fitted OMP strut braces front and back (only have pic of the front atm)

c275b982.jpg

I also fitted goodridge hoses on the front as a pair came up cheap, a new alpine headunit and all the gubbings to get the steering remote to work. Since I have had it the only problem has been the speedo sensor that went the day I picked her up but a new sensor sorted that straight away, have also replaced rear brakes and bearings as they were shot, had a box put in the exhaust as it was waay to loud and police over here are exteremly anal about exhaust noise, still has a nice note though.

Random beadage pic:

5c226014.gif

Do love a bit of detailing :)

and a random pic:

8ade54e2.jpg

Being a bit of a wheel ***** and not the biggest fan of the OZs that were on the car, I had these turn up...

fd16de7c.jpg

Tasters..

167aa1a7.jpg

6d61d881.jpg

Then finally got them all on after a bit of a wait...

bae8662c.jpg

95eb94a7.jpg

ca7b25a1.jpg

I love them tbh I think they look better than I had planned, hating keeping them clean though especially this time of year lol, as you can see the car is only lowered on 40mm apex springs (i think) at the moment but have coilies on order so she sits a bit better :)

Thats it so far, my next plans are to..

1. Deck it!
2. Have sidestrips + spoiler resprayed (maybe even swap for cup spoiler)
3. Find buckets + harnesses
4. Refurb calipers a different colour
5. Get the centers to fit the wheels as they currently wont go on
6. Replace numberplates, fix wonky exhaust
7. Port match + remap, thinking about cams or even ITBs

I know the car is a bit marmite but I love it and it puts a smile on my face at least once a day :)

C+C Welcome.

Thanks, Tom.

Last edited:

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Wheels look tits! I'd change the front lights back to standerd silver ones. Not a fan of the inserts painted black. Looks good though :cool:

Petrol Blue 182.
I do like those wheels! needs to be lowered a bit more and will look good, Not a huge fan of that center exhuast tho, or the smoked headlamps. but not a bad looking example!

Odyssey PH1
I like the painted headlights tbh, it will be lowered more very soon, exhaust was on the car when I bought it, I would of preferred a standard hidden zorst but I love the noise this one makes and the look has grown on me. Don't have any other pictures as of yet but I will get some more once I have sorted lowz. They didnt bolt straight on I had them sent off and lathed so they would clear the brakes.

Thanks, Tom.

Petrol Blue 182.
I know what you meen about falling for the sound, I picked mine up with a dual tip exhuast, which isn't to my liking, but I love the sound!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lose the stickers, lower it, bit of camber and that my friend will look brilliant!!

ph1 172
First time I have seen it with the wheels on Tom, looks great:)

Coilovers and camber = Finished;)

Will have to sort a meet out soon!

Odyssey PH1
Cheers buh, hopefully I will get home from work today and find a set of coilovers, so lowz tomorrrow :) Yeas we need to take over the cattle market with clios again lol

ph1 172
Sounds good man

Over xmas I have loads of bits to do on mine, including Sachs Trophy suspension, AST mounts, sportlines etc.

Which should be nice;)

Odyssey PH1
Small updatingz:

Gave her a wash, just a lil snap part way through:

0558476f.jpg

Also got fresh plates on:

70ae4739.jpg

a019a38d.jpg

Coilies still haven't turned up, hoping they will arrive next week!

Random snap of mates Cup (172Bruce) after a good cleanidge session:

bc483c52.jpg

Hopefully have updates with lowz next :)

Thanks, Tom.

AAS'D RB 182
ah finally you have started a thread. excellent work so far mate looks good. looking forward to seeing it on the collies. which ones you gone for?

Odyssey PH1
Yeah finally got round to it lol, thanks buddy iv'e gone for cheap racelands for the minute just to get it low until I can afford to splooge cash on some FK Konigsports :)

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Looking good! I had that speedo randomly fail on me about 2 weeks before selling too, but it came back to normal by itself :S anyway glad it's sorted.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
likeing the front lamps will be doing it to mine soon nice looking car not to keen on the alloys prefer the oz ones.

Odyssey PH1
Looking good! I had that speedo randomly fail on me about 2 weeks before selling too, but it came back to normal by itself :S anyway glad it's sorted.

Yeah kept dropping then going back to normal, but that has been the only problem so far, loving it :) I bet you miss it a bit :)

AAS'D RB 182
Yeah kept dropping then going back to normal, but that has been the only problem so far, loving it :) I bet you miss it a bit :)
i certainly miss it. love that someone else has got it and looking after it tho, makes me smile! haha cant wait to see it with the collies on.

Odyssey PH1
Right, coilies finally turned up and here the results from last nights efforts:

Rear wasn't jacked up at all in this photo I promise ;):

c0d8d9b4.jpg

Done:

5d212b89.jpg

526fe16a.jpg

20b98a57.jpg

Needs a major clean and need to nip the rear arches up a little for a bit more clearance, but quite chuffed with how it turned out :)

Thanks, Tom.

ph3 dci100 172 rep
Looks loads better on the coilovers mate if anything i'd space the fronts 5-10mm now as they look a bit lost and maybe get the front down a bit more ;)

Odyssey PH1
Looks loads better on the coilovers mate if anything i'd space the fronts 5-10mm now as they look a bit lost and maybe get the front down a bit more ;)

Ta mate, yeah I was thinking the same they scrub as it is though, reckon i'll just cut the inner lip off as there plastic arches.

GSXR + KDX220
I really like the Grid's, they look awsome. Makes a change to see something different from the usual 5 alloy styles :)