ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new toy

2015-05-21%2013.25.27_zpsmdahrcgf.jpg

Your front tyre is on the wrong way, swap the left and the right wheels over. Be careful going over standing water with them like that, also mot failure.

The

Tyres are on the wrong way, there will be a arrow on the side wall with the word direction next to it.

Yep It wasn't when I had em !
All 4 wheels swapped over and the correct direction now, and the handling is 100 times improved :smile:

With such nice weather I thought it was about time I tackled the headlights, although my 3M kit hasn't arrived yet. Here's what they started off like:
2015-05-22%2010.57.36_zpsdj2nyju0.jpg

2015-05-22%2010.57.33_zps1dmrvd7q.jpg

So got stuck in with some pads, G3 scratch remover and a machine polisher. And 3 hours later they are looking a lot better, not perfect yet, but a lot better:
2015-06-04%2013.05.08_zps3kdajntr.jpg

2015-06-04%2013.04.59_zps7bkvi1oz.jpg

And before anyone says I'm looking for a new bumper, and know this one is crappy.

Well, the postman was busy today:
2015-06-10%2018.44.28_zpskidxpmgp.jpg

2015-06-10%2018.45.52_zps62cphojn.jpg

New shocks to go with my sportlines, and new badge. Also left me this:
2015-06-10%2018.44.48_zpsuvzf5enf.jpg

It's either my 3M headlight restoration kit or an induction kit, either way i'm gonna need something I haven't got. Some time off work

Well' I'd better update this page a bit. What have I done ?
The best thing last month was to get the RS Tuner (which is now up for sale) and put the 98 ron map on my car. No pics of this, unless you want a pic of my stupid grin.
Next was a simple one:
IMG_2264_zpsejhytcdd.jpg

Alloy battery cover, easy job which makes it a lot nicer.
Also had it finally lowered on the sportlines, but still not happy with the front end ?
IMG_2253_zpsunapzfba.jpg

Not as low as I had hoped.
Also been trying various wheel options, but think I'm gonna get the 172 wheels refurbed and put them back on.
IMG_2204_zpsccgtxkaf.jpg

Excuse 'Kreig'
So both of these sets of wheels will be up for sale soon, but only one set will be going (whichever sells first)

Well my washer blanks arrived, so got them fitted
IMG_2271_zpscedi5moz.jpg

Nice easy job, made a lot easier when I discovered my bumper isn't screwed on at all ?

FINALLY !!!!!
Took it into SRS yesterday and got Cambelt, Alternater belt, Dephaser all replaced. And had new discs and pads all round (3 were seized apparently) and there wasn't any spring clips on the rears ?
Got some 25mm spacers yesterday (probably to big, but got them for reasonable price) so think I'll wait for them before I paint my callipers and put my Turinis back on.
Then its time to tidy up the interior.
My biggest challenge now though is not spending on it until MOT time in November

Well after a nightmare week, I have now got a brand new PAS pump (which took 3 days of messing).
And a new 'O' ring in the connector between the fuel line/fuel rail, after spewing Shell V power all over my gf's driveway. But sorted it myself with a bit of advice of facebook, which I guess what makes owning a 13yr old Renault fun :grinning:
And after having to drive the gf's Merc A class for 2 days I'm so glad to get it back on the road, but am considering getting a second car for when things will inevitably happen again.
So not messed with anything mechanical today, but had to do something. So:
IMG_2341_zpsz3tytkzj.jpg

Decided to strip out the boot and rear seats and start the soundproofing and quiet the drone down a bit.

So, as I had an hour spare I thought I'd fit my H&R front spacers.
Before:
IMG_2347_zpsym98en1t.jpg

After:
IMG_2350_zpsr07zozph.jpg

Got to get the rears done now, but not sure how easy it is to fit the rear ?
IMG_2351_zpskdiediqo.jpg

So, after buying a replacement front bumper. I decided to change the front end a bit. I had been waiting 2 days for someone to come pick up my spare bumper to paint but he never showed. So put all the bits I had resprayed together with all the bits that were missing ann my brake ducts and
IMG_2500_zpsxxddaukw.jpg

New look front end

Well, been a hectic couple of weeks. After having SRS in Nuneaton do my cambelt I decided to put it on a rolling road to see if it had improved from the last one of 174. It got .............151!!!!!!!!!!!
Everyone, I mean EVERYONE, said the timing was out. So decided to take it to fred for a check up. the results:
1, Timing was out by 5 degrees
2, Adjuster pulleys were fitted the wrong way round
3, Alternator not bolted in properly and bolt missing
4, Bolt missing from cam cover
5, 2 other bolts missing
6, Wrong plugs fitted
7, SRS denying it was anything to do with them !!!!!!
But before all this I did manage to fit these
IMG_25691_zpsx1sxbms7.jpg

And pick up the new family more door
IMG_25711_zpsb9coupab.jpg

IMG_25701_zpsvnhdnpcw.jpg

It's a brave move, having 2 Renaults in the family I know :smile: