ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio

Created a thread in the new to clio sport section, messeed it up - posted twice, said im getting the car below etc. Didnt go down to well :)

However, today i picked up my Clio. It's my first car :D

1.2 16v Extreme 4

clio1.jpg

clio2.jpg

clio3.jpg

Im actually so happy, its pretty much imaculate bar a tiny scratch the door pillar which should T-Cut out. Interior is perfect, not a single mark :)

White Sti Hatch
Looks good mate i await the.....Get a Set of Turinis and Slam it posts

Still i say slam it :rasp:

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
A pretty good first car - I had some old banger thing for mine. LOwer it and it'll look very respectable mate.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
very nice for a first car. wish i could of had that

just some advice lol

dont spend too much money on modding. keep it simple and save for a rs or another car. keep your no claims building up etc. the amount i have wasted is unreal. if i could go back i'd keep my first shed til the wheels fell off tehn go and get a nicer car.

Only things i plan on are maybe new alloys, and have thought about slight rear window tinting - but i like it as it is in all fairness :)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
car looks a great first car mate. thought i was seeing things just as id just this minute been looking at the photos your dad posted on overclockers uk forums.

1.8 8v RSi
nice first car mate. lowered and repaint alloys in gunmetal grey. no need to do much more excpet maybe a new filter for a bit of a throaty roar...

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Woohh, looks like the 4x4 version.
Maybe its just where im used to seeing a low one...

Come on :)
Its my first car, im happy with it.
Dont really want to do anything to it to major, thinking about when i sell it in the future or somthing.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good first car. Looks nice there and if you only have one mark on black paint at that age, you are doing well

J03

MX5 1.8
nice car mate, for all those saying it needs this and it needs that, god sakes shut up they guys only just got the car! looks like a good example. aside from people sayin you need this and that, do you have your personal plans with the car?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
go mad n save up for coilovers then you can drop it as low as you thinks best, then buy some nice wheels for it n colour code it n maybe uprate the speakers would be very nice, not that its not now mind but you know

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
nice car mate, for all those saying it needs this and it needs that, god sakes shut up they guys only just got the car! looks like a good example. aside from people sayin you need this and that, do you have your personal plans with the car?

aye well its opinion isnt it mate.

when i had my first car the insurance was so steep there wasnt bags of coin to get it modded, its generally just friendly advice on here though

Agreed.

It's alwyas the way on here though, someone puts up pics of their car & folk always ask 'what have you got planned' It wouldn't matter if the original poster had a lambo or a ferrari, the question would still be asked.

Always thought Pioneer did the best ICE stuff?

Also, is it 4" speakers? Is it just a case of whiping the old ones out, and putting the new ones in or do they need a seperate amp?

Last edited:
  12 Months and counting...
Really tidy looking car, gonna' sound an ass now, but like the rest have said, slam it =] But in your own time...

Pioneer are good for their ICE, but Alpine are close aswell....

Depends which speakers your replacing them with...if they're components then, to get a nice amount of low end then yes they do. If they're coaxials then no, they dont.

You'll find most guys on here have amp'd components in the front, and a sub+amp in the boot. Very rarely do anything on the rear speakers.

Oh, and, in my opinion, I'd keep the alloys, just get them refurbed in anthracite or white...!

Crash

Amping some components would be ideal, is this hard?
I assume i would need 2 amps, 1 for components and 1 for sub?

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Amping some components would be ideal, is this hard?
I assume i would need 2 amps, 1 for components and 1 for sub?

Thats the best way in terms of sound quality to do it. although i personally just bought a 4 channel amplifer, used 2 channels for my sub and the other 2 for my components.

Sounded great tbh.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
its called bridging.

say you have a 4 channel amp and each channel produces 75watts rms that means each component will get 75watt rms and the sub will get 150watt rms, you do this by linking 2 channels on the amp.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
coax are ok, although components are better. if your handy with a screwdriver theyre easy to install.

Eventually - probably a sub as well.
Has anyone got any instalation logs/pictures they have from when they have done this?