ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Clio Sport 172 Cup!

Clio 172 Cup
Hi everyone! New to the site but just want to say hello!
I've seen ya around at some of the car shows such as Trax and the French Car show! I had a 1.4RT then and took it round silverstone last year haha!
I Finally have ma Clio 172 Cup 53 plate so I thought I'm worthy to be on here now haha!
I'm 19 and from Northampton. Hope to hear from you all soon!
(Pictures will be up by the weekend!)

Clio 172 Cup
thanks for the advice :D I absolutely love it... best thing i've ever bought loL!
I'll get pics up for the weekend :D I can't wait!

Clio 172 Cup
cheers everyone.... The cup is completely standard and has not been tinkered with in the slightest... If anyone has any ideas lemme no wa u think?! (I'm not doing anything to the exterior.... I just want to tinker with the engine)

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
welcome to the crew lol. tbh i've just accepted that its a good car as is. panel filter, exhaust and eibach sportlines and sabelt steering wheel has made it better.

Clio 172 Cup
I got insured for £1300 with 3 experienced drivers as named drivers on it that bought it down loads!
I'm thinking of gettin a nice air induction kit and I've got a set of RS manifolds. I'll have to see about the suspension.... I think its pretty sweet as it is atm!!! I'm cleaning it on saturday as I haven't had chance to yet and I'll post a few pics up on sunday... its immaculate for its age tho... with only one lil scuff on one of the wheels which is gettin repaired next month :D. Cheers for the welcome anyways! :D

320d
Thats cheap who with? and i resent your worthy on here commentbut i do no what you mean, i havnt bothered with any meets in my standard 1.2 16v but i'm not going to waste time modding it, not enough pottential.

Clio 172 Cup
brett, i no wa ya mean but i didnt mean it bad lol, i absolutely loved ma clio 1.4, i mean it even went round silverstone which was a funny site haha! but ya shud go to the meets even with ya expression as even they look nice! But i understand wha ya mean with modding! save up for a 172 :D!! it was with swinton i think?:S the old dear sorted it out for me lol!

arctic 182 ff
welcome cup owner! best mods i found on mine was pannel filter, de-cat + system and an rs tuner.go on rev you little b*****d !

Clio 172 Cup
lmao i''ll ask ya wen i got a bit of money behind me to check on the mods as I hada mate who had one pumpin at 178HP.

Clio 172 Cup
I know, I know, Not very manly! lol, I think she is as I needed to have a cheap year! I have two years NCB also which helped!

Clio 172 Cup
Protected No claims also :) but i understand.... I didn't buy it to rag it on the streets... the passion is the shows as well as trackdays!

If your mum's the policy holder and you're just a named driver I do hope you're not the one driving it all the time, tut tut! Why can't you bloody young uns put the time in with gutless motors first like I had to?! Don't you crash it or i'll take it as you being responsible for the increase in RS Cup premiums!! (I'm only jealous really, ignore me :rasp: )

Oh and welcome to the world of the Cup.

clio 172 cup
yozza race exhaust
bilstein supension
uprated front brakes
itg panel filter
remap
strip it

thats the mods am going for then cams when i need my cambelt done