ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio RS200.....

Clio RS200
Here's some pics of my new toy! :D

SAM_0109.jpg

SAM_0104.jpg

SAM_0115.jpg

SAM_0124.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Only thing I'm not a fan of is the graphic on the side, otherwise it looks great!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
really nice. Just saw one like yours on my way home. Much nicer in the flesh than pix!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Only thing I'm not a fan of is the graphic on the side, otherwise it looks great!

SAM_0124.jpg

^ Love that pic

Yup, nice touch with the black spoiler! Didnt fancy the Cup pack then?

Get the centre caps sprayed black, just did mine today (197 Cup) Makes a massive difference :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Very nice. Really need to get my arse in gear and have the wheels done black.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Whut? No Cup Pack?!

Looks ace though, but I still don't understand them without the Cup Pack.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still don't understand all this cup pack crap on the 200's!

Just got my head around the 182's!

Looks emmense. Decal looks crap.

Cheapens the car imo.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's easier on the 200's mate.

You can tell by the colour of the Brembos. Red callipers for Cup Pack cars, silver for non-Cupped cars.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So the 200cup has the cup packs? Brembo's ect...?

Isn't buying a 200 non cup packed like buying a 182 without cup packs?

Pointless?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
More gentleman spec ;)

Cupped 200's have a quicker steering rack, and uprated springs/dampers as per. A standard 200 has a 197 rack, and even softer set up. The standard 197 is good chassis wise, so its no biggie

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
More gentleman spec ;)

Cupped 200's have a quicker steering rack, and uprated springs/dampers as per. A standard 200 has a 197 rack, and even softer set up. The standard 197 is good chassis wise, so its no biggie

The setup on the standard 200 is better to drive than the 200. It may be softer, but Kw's/billies/H&r's are softer than Ast's ;).

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hmmmm. Think the standard 200 was meant as more of a GT spec, as thats how the French like them, softer sprung etc. Granted i've never driven a standard 200, but with the same chassis bar softer springs on a 200 i cant see how it drives better than a 197, bar the slightly better low down grunt of the engine?

Turbo LY R27

The roads round me arnt exactly smooth, but my r27 was still composed and not skittish at all when 'progressing' at pace. I now have v3's and still no problem. Ive been a passenger in a non cupped 200 and felt a bit spongy imo. Cup pack gives it the edge for me. Did you ever get the faster rack put in yours?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Hmmmm. Think the standard 200 was meant as more of a GT spec, as thats how the French like them, softer sprung etc. Granted i've never driven a standard 200, but with the same chassis bar softer springs on a 200 i cant see how it drives better than a 197, bar the slightly better low down grunt of the engine?
Drive one fella. I'm not the only one that feels the same way, the press reception matches mine. And it doesn't just have softer springs, dampers too I believe. The 197 is better looking, and cheaper. If there was bugger all difference, I would of gone for the 197! But the 197 just doesn't gel for me, zero enjoyment when I've driven them.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The roads round me arnt exactly smooth, but my r27 was still composed and not skittish at all when 'progressing' at pace. I now have v3's and still no problem. Ive been a passenger in a non cupped 200 and felt a bit spongy imo. Cup pack gives it the edge for me. Did you ever get the faster rack put in yours?
No, the guy was trying it on. Found it was a non-cup rack he was selling as a cup rack.

V3's are a different league to standard stuff tbh. And don't forget the 200cup setup is firmer riding than the r27. As I've said before, when on track the cup setup would be better. Or when driving really hard on the road. But for day in, day out use, the non-cup is better suited to me. With or without the cup packs, the 200 is not as much 'fun' as a Trophy(or similar), but I knew that when buying. I didn't buy it for those purposes.