ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new baby I mean V6

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
It's no wider than a cups wing mirrors if that helps???
many thanks, I think the bigger issue is the price, I was thinking one might be 4-6k not somewhere around 30k, not sure I could force myself to spend 30k on a Renault Clio.....sorry guys no offence meant

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
To be fair, most people do just think its a special edition clio, unless you're interested in them etc. And no way would a person guess it's worth £30k+

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
Must admit I have not really been a Renault person so not aware of what's special and what any particular Renault is worth. I do like the look of the Clio v6's as far as clio's go and like the orange/yellow megan r26. First saw one of those at Bedford on a trackday and always liked how they handle. I would say I am very happy with my little 172 as a track car...great fun and cheap as chips.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
To be fair this one is probably close to that. I still think it's awful and abuse the owner daily. But tbf it's a lovely well kept car.

Don't tell him though. As its s**t remember ;)

RS 250, X5M,K1600Gt
I would say that I enjoy looking at a wide variety of cars and I have been really impressed with many cars on here and how the owners have lavished care and time on them and done some great looking mods. The v6 looks great but I would only want one as a track car so if anyone has a skanky one that is mechanically sound give me a shout.

Clio with a body kit
Agreed with the comment about normal people not realising about the values of vees. I had someone in a car park say 'I like that... What's one cost £4-5k??'
The last year or so the car has had quite a lot of press coverage on tv and numerous magazine articles so a lot more enthusiasts are realising how different and special they are.
It's been said numerous times before but is there anything else like a clio v6 on the road? Personally I think the answer is no which helps to explain the values.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate the same goes to you!

Shame I wasn't able to see the V6 in the metal, but as we discussed it wouldn't of made the most practical van! [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Little update the beast went for its MOT and passed with no advisories,garage is quite picky aswell.The trendlines are being fitted and will be picking her up tomorrow.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Can never understand why people put seats in that are worth more than the car :/

I have plastic seats before you start.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed with the comment about normal people not realising about the values of vees. I had someone in a car park say 'I like that... What's one cost £4-5k??'
The last year or so the car has had quite a lot of press coverage on tv and numerous magazine articles so a lot more enthusiasts are realising how different and special they are.
It's been said numerous times before but is there anything else like a clio v6 on the road? Personally I think the answer is no which helps to explain the values.

I'd agree with exactly that. There are quicker and more nimble cars out there. But the V6 strikes me as an engineering/kit project that somehow made it to full blown production. It's quirky, different to the majority of mid and rear-engined cars out there - yet retains a simple level of driver involvement which means you can potter to the shops with it. The tie-in with the previous R5 Turbo 2s of old simply add a veneer of heritage to its existence. And again, when was the last time you saw one on the road?

It's a magical formula that although not really profitable to the manufacturer, creates a passion and following for one of their products. There should be teams within these firms who's sole task is create and develop slightly irrational, yet highly evocative cars for the public to actively want. Look at the likes of Toyota these days. From the heady heights of Supras, Celica GT4's and MR2s - we're left with the GT-86 and nothing else. And as much as I like and appreciate that car, it's the singular choice amongst a wide stable of bland anonymity.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Hate to admit it, your bang on the dollars. I take the piss out of Alex's car, daily, but if I'm honest I would love one. Don't tell him that though. Oh wait...

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Hate to admit it, your bang on the dollars. I take the piss out of Alex's car, daily, but if I'm honest I would love one. Don't tell him that though. Oh wait...
i have a confession,its really a rep with a vee badge.The rear engine cover is just a detailing stash pit

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
In seriousness i think the vee is a solid investment,they are starting too get a lot of attention in the classic mags now and with the glass and parkers guides being updated I think anyone with a good one would be a fool to sell it

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
All bantered out today

s**t car
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSSF6rCY-acrh2krSfIdee0XBF0mkCacvxgb1tz_SWmkohA-kwSbA.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkR14zM5thzAgJJ-KdYjGzkpPhjdDcuWyxJWtQMrNxdoNAAlwb.jpg
Still out of stock mate ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Obvious ones

They are because you bought it.
It matches the vee nicely
That selfie is about bang on when you go for a piss

Off to footy loser

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Seats fitted makes such a difference too the car in looks and driving position.Will get better pics when i have cleaned and sealed the leather as its a bit too hot outside.The only thing car needs now is a snappy retrim and the front bumper needeing painted but that will be last
Thanks oh and @imprezaworks You can fit the child booster seats too the rb,but it will put your insurance up
20160817_184141.jpg

20160817_184141.jpg

20160817_184141.jpg
20160817_184129.jpg
20160817_184155.jpg

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
They look amazing Al! Suit the V6 perfectly.

I'm glad you approve of the driving position. It makes a huge difference doesn't it?

As for my seats I'm really pleased with them bud. They're so bloody light!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
They look amazing Al! Suit the V6 perfectly.

I'm glad you approve of the driving position. It makes a huge difference doesn't it?

As for my seats I'm really pleased with them bud. They're so bloody light!

Agree thanks mate makes a huge difference tbh how it should have been.Glad the seats are what you wanted hope the efi mapping goes well