ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My near miss

RB 182 FF
I was kind and said fool.... It doesn't bode well for a long and incident free biking experience making very simple errors such as this.... I imagine everyone has had an experience of this kind in a car but that's due to blind spots/A pillars and reflections off glass etc.... the biker hasn't really got an excuse for this except for being stupid... and on a bike it only takes one stupid moment for catastrophic results..........!

182 ff
There are two things here that caused the collision @Paris 182 managed to avoid;

1. Wholly inappropriate courtesy
2. Taking a flash of headlights from someone you do not know as confirmation that a situation is safe

Why did the BMW stop to let the biker out?

To feel good that he'd helped one person out for the day? What about the queue of cars behind him that had to stand on their brakes as stopping in a line of moving traffic is the last thing they expected him to do. Help one person out while pissing off several others in the process by doing something unpredictable = retarded.

Why did the biker feel that a flash of headlights from a driver who's a complete stranger to him was all he needed to then move away with his eyes closed? Because he's an idiot.

I let people out if I can do so without inconveniencing others but I never flash them to indicate it's safe to go, I leave space and let them decide. If they sit there unable to make a decision I move on again. If you flash you're leaving yourself open to a world of pain when someone dies as a result of your actions. If you go when someone flashes you without being certain you're safe to do so...you deserve to have an accident!
on many occasion i have been flashed..(not in that way ha) when its not safe to go..they keep flashing..i just move them on, back to the video..the car was at fault too,he cant see whats coming up in the other lane..the biker should of moved forward slowly, so he could view the other lane,gone when it was clear..why did the car stop? the bike wasn't at a marked junction , just a drive way to somewhere i think.. anyway no one got hurt..just hope all involved learn next time(not the clio driver).. and what cam did the clio driver use,i might get one.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
On the way to work encountered another dickhead biker - intermittent traffic whilst passing a school (one lane with cars parked - fairly main road), difficult to get through - biker in front of me [I let him past - see above], tried to overtake a car passing parked cars on the left, bailed out and nearly hit the kerb. So impatient to try to overtake someone, who was themselves passing parked cars. He then overtook this person a little further up the road, cutting in front due to oncoming cars. Lady in oncoming car, who he nearly hit (looked quite hot incidentally), looked back to see if he got flattened, as she was clearly surprised by his actions. Amazing thing is this prick had a camera on his helmet. What for? I thought they were for 'protection' - protection for other road users' perhaps.

What a load of codswallop.

I encounter hundreds of arsehole car drivers every single journey. Hardly ever any 'death wish' motorcyclists. There are knob heads everywhere. Their mode of transport is irrelevant.

Those bloody horses though! They are mental. Should pay road tax as well.

RB 182 FF
To say bikers are nobs is childish and smallminded... as munson said there's d#ckheads everywhere....

however I have the same smallminded philosophy on bmw and audi drivers.... I see more d#cks in those marques than any other...!

RB 182 FF
It's probably down to the fact there's more bmws and audis than any other marques but I still see so many nobs in them...:smile:

182 ff
BMW are awesome. It's those boy racers in their Clios and Saxos that you need to watch out for!
i hate them clio 172 drivers.. they try to go fast because they cant afford a 182.. to make up for the 10 bhp they dont have..ha..basically i think every driver is a knob and out to get me.. i treat them all with equal contempt..

It looks like a 125 to me so probably a young lad rather than a biker

Hard to confirm it's a 125 due to lack of L plates, unless the poor sod is on a restricted license.

I think the point people are trying to get to is that he just rode out rather than creeping slowly in front of the BMW without taking a proper look for any other oncoming traffic.

RB 182 FF
I've semi skimmed this thread and we are going of course a bit Munson... we've gone too far afield really..

RB 182 FF
I must also invest in one of these! Working abroad from April onwards, I don't want to risk having no evidence in an incident... Seems like a must in today's blame and claim society!!!

Clio Sport 182
the shape of the camera is really good because is completely hidden behind the rear view mirror. i will take some pictures later on for you to have a look

Clio Sport 182
The quality is not the best but you can get a idea.
I'm really sorry for what you see through rear view mirror :tongueout:
Cam1 picture: View from outside
Cam2 picture: View from passenger side
Cam3 picture: Take a guess.... Yes vie from drivers side :laughing:

Attachments

• cam1.JPG
    cam1.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 46
  • cam2.JPG
    cam2.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 45
  • cam3.JPG
    cam3.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 53
  Clio 172
Hard to confirm it's a 125 due to lack of L plates, unless the poor sod is on a restricted license.

I think the point people are trying to get to is that he just rode out rather than creeping slowly in front of the BMW without taking a proper look for any other oncoming traffic.
Don't take this the wrong way, but......... No s**t. Like I've said its an accident, they happen. I've done things on the road that could of ended up badly. But I take them as a life lesson. I know my bikes, and I'd say it's a 125. If it's a 125 probably got a young lad on it, meaning he has a lot to learn on the road. Read messages before commenting, makes you look less silly

172 Turbo
Don't take this the wrong way, but......... No s**t. Like I've said its an accident, they happen. I've done things on the road that could of ended up badly. But I take them as a life lesson. I know my bikes, and I'd say it's a 125. If it's a 125 probably got a young lad on it, meaning he has a lot to learn on the road. Read messages before commenting, makes you look less silly
That was my thoughts on the video, inexperienced rider with no front l plate on a 125 CBR/R thing

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
they wont be linked..and will run separately,that means 2 memory cards, and 2 what every you need to view them on line..and 2 power sources..
Does it really matter if they're recording onto two cards? If you have a crash it will take all of 10 seconds to swap the cards over in your card reader so you can download the two files you need. As for two power sources, no biggy really. Won't be any harder to wire in than a dual camera system, just that you'll be routing a cable with just power instead of power AND data.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I crossed the road the other day. Walked out behind a bus that was in a jam. I should have stopped and looked what was coming the other way but didn't. Queue the Mrs shouting "look out!!" etc etc.

Moral of the story, s**t happens.

I was thinking about breasts at the time.