ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Monaco 172, take 2....

GSXR + KDX220
Hi guys, I've had the 172 over a year now, after 4weeks of purchasing it, the engine blew due to the "little end" failing. (some may remember the thread)

Cut a long story short I removed the old engine but due to lack of funds and loss of enthusiasm (it happens lol), the car was taken off the road for a year and finally after regaining enthusiasm the replacement engine went in along with new brakes, tyres, fluids etc an MOT and some tax, she was back on the road :)

Last weekend I gave the whole car a good much needed claying session, then hand polished with SRP and waxed with Natty's Blue after reading up on it and ordering some. (Very impressed with finish the wax gives, oh and the smell :D)

Not alot has been changed since I got it, just tidied up. I've sprayed the Diamond and Bullets anthracite, given the inlet and fuel rail guard a matt black finish. As for the plastic engine cover, Im still undecided on what colour to go for....ideas welcome :approve:

Anyway, a few pics....
IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0191.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0277.jpg

IMAG0284.jpg

IMAG0283.jpg

IMAG0298.jpg

A few of post-claying/waxing
IMAG0185.jpg

IMAG0184.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

GSXR + KDX220
Thanks for the comments guys!

A detailing I hear you say, I know!!! lol I like to give it the once over myself as much as I can but professional paint correction is out of my league. I would like to get it done some time though ;)

looking good. Stance looks spot on, are you running apex's?
Yes, I bought it already running Apex's....The stance is just right I think, although most people dont favour Apex's, I love how it sits but the ride can be a pain in the a$$ on british roads!!!

Hmmm yellow, its a possibility I guess....I was thinking maybe something bright, but then maybe keep it toned down with black/anthracite theme, or colour code it Monaco....

Monaco
Looks lovely! And a Fellow Monaco owner!

Don't understand the CAF though, would look 10x better without it

GSXR + KDX220
Thanks mate.....I know lol it was already fitted when I bought the car and is fitted well. I forgot about it when spraying the bullets and diamonds. I may colour code it instead though...

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Looks fantastic, love monacos!!

Deffo colour code the CAF and as for the engine cover something off the wall would be cool.

GSXR + KDX220
Not much to report apart from enjoying driving it :)

Fitted a Powerflex dog bone mount kit yesterday and I'm very pleased with how the car feels now, and how much better the gearchanges are now.

I've also gone with some yellowstuff front pads for the track evening next week, initial impressions seem good but they're not bedded in yet so still taking it easy ;)

GSXR + KDX220
I've now fitted sportlines today and what a huge improvement in ride quality and handling :) very pleased! its also not a lot higher than the apex ones I had before.

Last edited:
  GSXR + KDX220
Definitely happy days, about time too lol

Nothing major, maybe some different wheels, or get the stock ones refurbed, not sure yet. Just some tlc I think :) and some track days lol

C3 Picasso Beast
I should have charged you more for the springs ;)

Glad you're happy with them and that they're no doubt a huge improvement over the Apex....

"Navy" N17 TWO
Nicely - I have one of these "Navy" cars on the KTec coilies - I too moved up from the Sportlines which were also awesome lol :)

GSXR + KDX220
Small update.....Nothing major has happened with the car, just enjoying it :) Did a track evening a month or so ago at Snetterton, car ran brilliantly :)

I think I've got "the bug" for track days now though lol I got some used R888's off of Kelv and have been on the look out for some 15's to use with them. And managed to score myself a bargain.....

4 x O.Z. F1's from a Ph1, for the pricely sum of......£90!!! They've got a bit of kerbing but nothing major and for track wheels they're ideal :) Will probably be going black anyway....

IMAG0344.jpg

No pics fitted to the car yet, or with the Sportlines on. I'll get some soon :)

GSXR + KDX220
Finished "Plasti-dipping" the OZ F1 track wheels, very happy with how they came out....
I was only trial fitting one wheel hence why only 2 wheel bolts in ;)

Any chance this thread can be moved into the "Projects" area? thanks :)

EDIT: Bare with me, the pics are coming up cr*p....lol

GSXR + KDX220
My old exhaust went to sh*t recently, blowing in about 5 places so its been binned off! Got hold of a 6month old Miltek thats been modified into a "stealth" look instead of the big twin tail pipes, works really well :) Pics coming soon

GSXR + KDX220
Small update with a few pics!
Upgrades.....Cup splitter, Whiteline ARB

Recently fitted a Cup splitter which makes a big improvement to the front end IMO :)
The wheels will be getting finished in anthracite soon but at the moment, still matt black (Plastidip). Nothing much else has changed, just been enjoying it and tracking it!
I think a Cup spoiler would finish off the outside as far as Im concerned, watch this space.

Ive bought a DAS-6 DA polisher but havent had the time to do the whole car, Im working my way round it lol, but may just wait until the weather gets a bit warmer to finish it :eek: :)

These pics were taken with my new (and 1st) DSLR so comments and tips on them from people in the know would be great!

EDIT: I cant work Flickr, Im new to it :( Why have a I got a random thumbnail and nothing else?

Attachments

• 6817687813_a90d5894b1_b.jpg
    6817687813_a90d5894b1_b.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
  GSXR + KDX220
Resorted back to Photobucket for now ;)

Oh and the marks on the rear are dribbles from the nooks & crannies lol
IMG_2518.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2507.jpg

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2497.jpg

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2487.jpg

Last edited:
  Trafic 140dci
Your car looks good doing well with that polisher, think your gonna have to do my white ph1 when the weather gets better for some beer tokens :p

GSXR + KDX220
Cheers Lewis, Ive actually only done a few select panels so far ;) I wont say which lol

GSXR + KDX220
It was a cold air feed of sorts fitted by previous owner :rolleyes: It has no function now lol