ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk3 Progress Thread (non RS content)

RB 200
Got the car summer last year.. its a 1.4 16v which performance wise suits me to the ground, for running costs and stuff .. because i push a lot of money into other areas .. this is my bit of fun.. basically make it look how i want it whist saving on insurance, running costs etc:) .. but after a expensive end to the year, i've finally got the ball rolling on my car ...

It started life like this, when i bought it, the alloys off my ph2 where put straight on and the standards dropped off at work. they also paid to get my windows tinted .. and transferred my cd player, amp, sub and all my speakers into my new car .. which was sound! - i also the red lights from my footwells swapped over to come on when i open and close the doors

30x92ea.jpg

21od45h.jpg

obviously it looked a bit like a tractor .... so i got it lowered (changed springs, not coil overs) .. and had the back windows tinted -

bx8r4.jpg

qqtixz.jpg

2467zew.jpg

i ordered the www.ClioSport.net decal - in white and stuck it on ...

6qvgpc.jpg

about a month 3 months later .. after my holidays and stuff i decided it looked like a van.. and done something about it... had the front windows tinted .. and by this time, the springs had settled right down and looked to be sitting nicely :) ... I also ordered the RS front grilles .. and shoved them on ..

qrdag0.jpg

314dysp.jpg

23sc0n8.jpg

now that was done .. i seen some pics of the F1 team decal... and got one :)
11uke11.jpg

after christmas .. i got round to changing the wheels ... but spent a month choosing the ones i wanted, then another 4 weeks for them to get here .. the choices;
kds54y.jpg

or
jjbv5z.jpg

... 17'' instead of the 16'' pro races that i stuck on to keep me going - they where too small! ..

I got my dad to stick the chequered flag on the side .. but he also decided to put the ''renault sport'' bit on .. which i didn't really want on there :/ ....

19bgpx.jpg

I chose the white ones ... and it looked like this! ....

2ljkg8j.jpg

NOTE ** I wanted the decals on the side to contrast with the wheels ... my dad stuck the renault sport writing on as well - which will be coming off this weekend now i have some time **

the callipers and drums where looking tatty ... so i painted the drums black, and the callipers yellow ....

2zo9awg.jpg

right .. so wheels on, brakes done .... it was time for a bit more stuff to match .. so i ordered some new renault emblems ... took them too our body shop and had them painted white .... took the other words ''renault'' & ''clio''off the back ... and it looked like this....

nf4jnp.jpg

nq1o4g.jpg

oqhf2c.jpg

I have since done the following - with pics to follow;

* Body colour handles
* White vent surrounds, Speaker surrounds & interior strips
* Painted engine covers
* French Style pressed plates

Stuff i want to do;

*197 bumpers, wings & vents
*remove back seats .. false floor
*Decent audio build in the back
*either some recaro interior or get mine covered with a decent trim
*new head unit
*plastic interior centre painted piano black
*change the bulbs
*private plate
*twin exhaust if i fit back bumper
*Carbon filter
*Body colour side mouldings.

any ideas/comments etc welcome :)

more pics of other stuff i've done will follow later tonight :)

Homo spec mazda
Looking good pal, what are the grey wheels you tried on?

And do you still have your pro races?

RB 200
yea mate still got them .. there a bit tatty round the edges like but i've still got them ... i can't remember what those other ones are .. was a while ago mate

Not sure i like the white wheels but they're an improvement, Needs to be lowered a lot more to pull them off, The stickers would be better off or in anthracite.

Same goes for the wheels in anthracite and lowered, All imo of course.

once lowered it will look mega, i mean its good now but moving upwards is always a good thing ey...

alot of modded none sports (sofaboys/biohzds) look great not looking like 197s... stay individual

RB 200
aye naith im getting the side mouldings body coloured soon then im going to see where it takes me ... make it up as i go along and keep being random and hope it pulls off haha

.. also means i have a set of 16'' pro race 1.2s for sale ..... in anthracite ...... for cheep!! because there a bit tatty haha

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
once lowered it will look mega, i mean its good now but moving upwards is always a good thing ey...

alot of modded none sports (sofaboys/biohzds) look great not looking like 197s... stay individual

Definitely.

Because of the rear quarters, you can't make a good 197 replica from a lower model. Do something different, like Naith said. Looks good so far.

RB 200
Definitely.

Because of the rear quarters, you can't make a good 197 replica.

i've got all the bits here like, the bumper lines up nicely .. but i know what you mean with less flare on the arches ... ah it'll be a laugh man .. just going for it and see what happens haha .. not going to badge it up as one .

RB 200
heres some more progress :) ... i had my handles sprayed to match the car .. cost me £20 for 2 handles and got them painted for nothing at the same time our bodyshop done my badges .. so it was a well worth it! ....

then last weekend .. i decided to pull the vents, speaker surrounds and the strip off my interior trim ... prime them and paint them white :) ... i was pretty pleased with the outcome i think it looks sweet ... i want to figure out how to get the centre piano black but not sure about rubbing it down, as its started to flake a bit :/ ... we'll see ....

last friday .. i decided i wanted to paint my engine cover ..... and wanted it to match my wheels/callipers ... so i painted it white with yellow .... I was praying it came out ok .. and i like how it looks too ...

car needs a good clean! but i'll get it all washed & polished tomorrow :)
also .. going to pull the side mouldings off and get those body coloured .... with possibly a white bullet on the end.. ..

RB 200
well ... i decided to bite the bullet and nock a few things off my list :
Stuff i want to do;

*197 bumpers, wings & vents
*remove back seats .. false floor
*Decent audio build in the back
*either some recaro interior or get mine covered with a decent trim
*new head unit
*plastic interior centre painted piano black
*change the bulbs
*private plate
*twin exhaust if i fit back bumper
*Carbon filter
*Body colour side mouldings.

so this is where i'm up too -

After getting our bodyshop to paint up my mouldings, wings, bumpers and skirts ... i got on to fitting them took me a saturday morning.. and a bit of effort but it was fun.. just dragged it into the workshop and got cracking ....

i couldn't get any pics of the progress ... got caught up in getting on with it!

2vmsnrp.jpg

iqwx07.jpg

10i53iu.jpg

so this was the fitting progress - so i got it home, and polished it up :) -

4sldhy.jpg

2ufd7yp.jpg

ng7bif.jpg

34qwqq8.jpg

1z82mo.jpg

2e54311.jpg

2dm5pbt.jpg

11b454x.jpg

2e163wg.jpg

so splitter comes tomorrow .. and twin pipes out the back tomorrow .. can't believe i forgot to order the stupid spliter haha

Evora, C-HR & A180
that is a good looking rep, will look spot on with spacers. How did you get the rear bumper to fit your rear quarter panels as i thought the 197 bumper was wider?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was gonna say this is the nicest mk3 i've seen, then I got down to when you got the 197 kit on, god its nice... was the rear bumper not hard to fit? like, did the exhaust not get in the way of the diffuser? awesome car though :D

RB 200
I was gonna say this is the nicest mk3 i've seen, then I got down to when you got the 197 kit on, god its nice... was the rear bumper not hard to fit? like, did the exhaust not get in the way of the diffuser? awesome car though :D

Thanks mate :D .... and yea .. it was sort of in the way until i cut it off haha got some new pics to upload since i stuck my twin pipes out and took the renault sport text off the side

RB 200
any more progress ? looks mint.

yea mate,

Splitters on
exhausts done
a cheeky audio build in the back
white bullets
carbon dash, interior handles..

and now i'm running out of ideas :p ... gunna get some pics sorted and add to this! i've lost my camera though haha.

Renault Clio GT 1.6
Any updated pictures? Friends thinking of following suit but isn't 100% sure on the rear quarter, How was it to fit? I'm nudging him so badly to make it a rep, quality car btw.

max

Clio 2007 1.5 dci
Where did you find the front and back bumpers and side skirts??? And how much if you don't mind me asking
cant find any, anywhere :(