ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk1 eunos!

LY R26
cheers goodj will have a proper peek at them later, put the other wheels on last night an they disappear in the arches, never realised they were et 45 and 5.5j haha! so they will be going, so will these rotas when i find a better set of wheels, picked up my new bootlid last night, it has a spoiler on it but its just one that exagerates the slight rise in the bootlid anyway, so that will be either getting painted or wrapped with the bonnet. lowered it a little more too, will get photos tonight of it.

182 Cup
I like the 15x8 Compomotive ML's on these...

IMG_5339.JPG

LY R26
they wheels are amazing j! got a new bootlid and bonnet for 70 quid so will be gettting them painted or wrapped. pics up later.

Homo spec mazda
PM jibberingloon on mx5nutz about rotas if you ever want a set, he does um cheaper then anywhere else.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
F*cking Rota. :dapprove:

Get Hayashi Streets. They're the genuine version of the cheap Rota knock-offs you've posted there.

Listerine & Poledo
cheers goodj will have a proper peek at them later, put the other wheels on last night an they disappear in the arches, never realised they were et 45 and 5.5j haha! so they will be going, so will these rotas when i find a better set of wheels, picked up my new bootlid last night, it has a spoiler on it but its just one that exagerates the slight rise in the bootlid anyway, so that will be either getting painted or wrapped with the bonnet. lowered it a little more too, will get photos tonight of it.

Careful with your changes, I'm sure the MX5 forums will point you in the right direction, but the american way of doing things to Miata's is....... not conducive to UK B roads, let's say.

I do like these things. Found a mariner blue eunos in good cond with ~100k for 1500, but have no idea what they are worth?

Listerine & Poledo
I do like these things. Found a mariner blue eunos in good cond with ~100k for 1500, but have no idea what they are worth?

sounds about right for a scabby but running MK.1 import.

just play on autotrader, you'll soon get the idea.

Truly, these are one of those cars you simply must have at some point, I miss mine everytime the sun comes out.

sounds about right for a scabby but running MK.1 import.

just play on autotrader, you'll soon get the idea.

Truly, these are one of those cars you simply must have at some point, I miss mine everytime the sun comes out.

Its a 1992 in Grade 1 condition when imported 4 years ago. Has history and a fresh MOT. Hmmm tempting! I love the mariner blue. Its probably the least favourite for resale though!

Listerine & Poledo
If you like it, then get it.

good examples of these motors will always sell.

The main thing to look out for thugh are hoods in poor condition, a fabric one will last better than vinyl and are les llikely to crack, once cracks form in vinyl hoods, it's a matter of how long you can put up with them before you call in a man to fit you a new one.

PM if you'd like to discuss

LY R26
mines has about 67500 miles on the clock, 2 sets of wheels, exhaust, mot till augus, tax till the end ofr the month, dirft wheel, coilies etc and i paid less than 1500, but mines does need some attention given to the body work.

Listerine & Poledo
mines has about 67500 miles on the clock, 2 sets of wheels, exhaust, mot till augus, tax till the end ofr the month, dirft wheel, coilies etc and i paid less than 1500, but mines does need some attention given to the body work.

Also it depends what you're after of course, as our man here points out.

Since a lot of MX-5's are "fair weather" weekend toys, a lot of non-entheusiasts may not have gone near his example.

THere was a MK 2.5 1.8 with a supercharger kit and various other mods that wasn't selling for 6.5k, even though its condition and mileage was comparable to standard cars at the same price.

A hard top and air con is worth more than some trick wheels and y0! suspension

LY R26
yeah i know what you mean, i seen an original bbr turbo'd mx5 for the same price as very clean 1.6 eunos with bbs spilts and coilies etc.

Listerine & Poledo
yeah i know what you mean, i seen an original bbr turbo'd mx5 for the same price as very clean 1.6 eunos with bbs spilts and coilies etc.

Exactly.

Which is why I facepalm everytime I see a decent Clio Shopping that's having money poured into it by a young driver. Besides the insurance costs, they'll never shift it when they do go buying a decent motor... providing it doesn't winf up shiny-side down within 3 months of course.

LY R26
picked up the bonnet and my mate offered me his exhaust for a good price so ive took that aswell, putting it on tomoro, been offered tein superstreets(i think there superstreets) for 100 from my mate seen as iv bought a fair bit off him so might go for them too, get rid of the racelands that are on it, although the racelands are doing me fine atm.

LY R26
yeah mate the fiesta wasn't really my thing, more of a get me by, which held it's money quite well too so stopped me wasting it! yeah man deffo, I'm yet to see your new toy, I'm getting my exhaust on tomoro and need to get my bootlid and bonnet sprayed then il be happy! then need some wheels!

LY R26
Was at the jap meet at the weekend, some cracking cars there, need to search for the couple of mine, I turned up late because I manage to tear a block off pipe and had to bodge it up in the pissing rain, got it properly sorted today though, will get the pics up later with the addition of a new exhaust and wheels.

Some of you will hate them and some will love them, I was unsure at first but love how it looks along with those who seen it at the meet.

Charged Superleggera
Only decent one i could find so far richy. Im sure a few of the guys still haven't uploaded pics yet but when they do i will post them here for you mate.

5654531484_c126b656c4_z.jpg

LY R26
Nope bought them off some german dude, I have 2 others from the civic forum firas but in the iPad just now so can't post them(because I don't know how to:(! ) but we can get more if we manage to meet up next weekend mate.

Jordi the fez went on the 5th and I picked this up that same day! Christopher do it, they are amazing fun to drive and quite easy to make look good.

Saw this in B&Q carpark the other day, looking good! Think it was on black steelies?

Yep picture above proves the steelies were on!

Last edited:
  LY R26
yep i was in the b&q car park bodging the burst pipe hahaha, that was the day of this, they are banded steels, 8j!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Looking good man! :D
I'd love one of these but I think my nexts either an EP3 or a 200 :eek:

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I have seen a few SC'd dotted round on PH etc, i don't think i'd have the balls, hahah!

LY R26
i couldnt find any tyres locally that would give more stretch chris, and the tyres are uniroyal tyres which i got free so seemed a good idea, i opted for the high profile though because that way i dont feel the bumps as much, when the arches get rolled it will be sitting lower!

Listerine & Poledo
scoping out getting a Mk2.5 1.8 sport this summer.

then hold onto it for a few years.

Favourite shape & spec.... oh, and easily supercharged :D